Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,903
    edited June 2018
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    If I had to point to one big surprise that many weren't aware of and I feel the devs deliberately were obtuse on this issue until far too late is what the EA versions content level would be like.

As far I know the specific content wasn't confirmed until launch day when the first release notes appeared. 

I think many gamers were expecting the Japan version as the baseline for content. I don't recall any confirmation or denial,  and I think it was intentional.

Very few reviews pre launch and what they had was well controlled and limited to lower areas. No views of the end game content, or if reviewers saw there was little at 45 they were sworn to secrecy or were told things would be diffferent "at launch."

Thing is,  no one apparently asked "which" launch they were talking about.

There would have been far less negativity if they had published a target list of content a month or so pre launch along with a schedule of what was coming and when.

Outstanding issues and planned fixed dates at launch would also have been a great idea.

But then we know why they didn't do any of this, would have put a damper on EA sales and held off many from buying until more "finished."

As that day is likely to never happen,  best (for them)  to grab as much money as possible and head for the next region once this one burns out

Post edited by Kyleran on
    MadFrenchieGobstopper3D

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,528
    Dauzqul said:
    I hate the whole Emissary thing. So many of them act all high and mighty in the game etc...    really annoying.
    I have no opinion on Bless as a game.  Haven't played it, haven't followed it.

This emissary thing appears to be strictly an ego-thing.  'Spread the word about our game, defend us, and we will acknowledge your participation.'  At least if someone is going to 'donate' their time and energy to promote and market the game, the game developer should compensate them.  'Paid shill' isn't something I'd expect to see on a resume, and I wouldn't give much credit to the shill.

I have my suspicions about other games doing exactly the same.  It's pretty obnoxious when encountering one of these shills, especially when the encounter takes place on a forum.  Their opinion has been bought and paid for, and can't accept any form of objective discussion of the game.  It makes for bad forum exchanges, frequently evoking temper and bad behavior.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,010
    kertin said:
    I'm really surprised how so much of you are still trying to defend Bless online

Maybe because they are actually enjoying the game?  Just because you don't like a game does not mean others wont like it. 

Panther2103blueturtle13KyleranStoneRosesTindale111
    Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Sound Bar
    Vizio 65" M8 Quantum LED 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,399
    kertin said:
    I'm really surprised how so much of you are still trying to defend Bless online...I mean, it was understandable that some of you were hyped so I was like whatever they ll find out how garbage game bless online is but now when its out I thought you can clearly see it or not? I guess that with current MMO's state these days, you are happy even with this garbage...so good! let's just support garbage games to let developers know they can make next garbage MMO, because you are happy to pay for it and enjoy it! 
    Wait. Your last sentence there is a bit interesting.

Let's support garbage games to let developers know they can make next garbage MMO, because you are happy to pay for it and enjoy it!

If I'm okay with having spent money on a game, and am enjoying it, it's in no way garbage to me. Why wouldn't I support a game I want to support and enjoy? That makes absolutely 0 sense. 

People supporting a game you don't enjoy, who enjoy it, aren't encouraging garbage games to be made, they are encouraging people to make games they want to play. Sure some people aren't happy with Bless, but others are. Don't support it if you don't like it, but if you do there shouldn't be a problem with that. 
    blueturtle13RhomsRidelynnTindale111YashaX
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited June 2018
    DMKano said:
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail

Fortnite and LoL want a word with you
    Right, it's not that PVP games are destined to fail, it's when we mix PVP and PVE is when it's destined to fail. They don't mix well.
    Exactly, MMO's need to be PVE games.  If you try to build them straight up with mass PVP at the end they fail.  Watch how badly Crowfall crashes and burns.
    KyleranYashaX
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,903
    DMKano said:

Right, it's not that PVP games are destined to fail, it's when we mix PVP and PVE is when it's destined to fail. They don't mix well.
    Exactly, MMO's need to be PVE games.  If you try to build them straight up with mass PVP at the end they fail.  Watch how badly Crowfall crashes and burns.
    Except it isn't cost effective to make PVE MMOs hence why few major developers are making them.

Even studios like Funcom and Bethesda are releasing PVP centric games for better return on investment.

Even behemoths like Blizzard walked away from the PVE game market.

blueturtle13

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If you hit level 45 and are still enjoying Bless as it currently stands you're either a paid employee or have the patience of Job. Unfortunately the gaming Gods don't reward patience. So uh... yah.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,324
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Except it isn't cost effective to make PVE MMOs hence why few major developers are making them.

Even studios like Funcom and Bethesda are releasing PVP centric games for better return on investment.

Even behemoths like Blizzard walked away from the PVE game market.

Blizzard didnt walk away from the PvE game market. What the hell gave you that idea?

Blizzard walked away from future MMO development ....and thats it. Not PvE games in general.

How much PvE content is in Battle for Azeroth? Well, as someone who has played BfA(and WoW in the past 12 years, unlike you) I can say it has a lot of PvE content. It even has PvE Battlegrounds. That should say a lot.

On topic - it looks like a lot of people are turning their backs on Bless. Looking at Steam Charts, its getting pretty dire.
    NeonShadow
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 
    You must be new here. 

Ridelynn

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,636
    The only thing I get out of this is someone putting themselves out for the world to see.
    Grown adults throwing a tantrum over a fucking VIDEO GAME!
    Must be in somebody's bucket list!
    Fucking embarrassing!
    We all have to be good at something right!
    Real Fans of Chess don't get bored!
    Real Fans of Soccer don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of Baseball don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of MMORPGs don’t get bored!
    What's your excuse?
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    kertin said:
    I'm really surprised how so much of you are still trying to defend Bless online...I mean, it was understandable that some of you were hyped so I was like whatever they ll find out how garbage game bless online is but now when its out I thought you can clearly see it or not? I guess that with current MMO's state these days, you are happy even with this garbage...so good! let's just support garbage games to let developers know they can make next garbage MMO, because you are happy to pay for it and enjoy it! 
    There are certain people who are not here to defend Bless, per se. They are defending any Korean game regardless of whether it's good or not.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,942
    *Sees negative Bless Post*
    *Sees Kano is the author*

Yawwwwwwnnnnn

blueturtle13Tindale111lttexxan
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,955

Yawwwwwwnnnnn

Awww, that's so sweet
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,421

Yawwwwwwnnnnn

Iceage?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,690
    I'm not an emissary nor did I support the game before it launched. In fact, I was quite the opposite. I still bought the game though against my better judgement a day after it officially launched to find the game was decent, but nothing special. It provided with entertainment but this game is in no way a show stopper and I still think it will be dead before the years end. Personal opinions have always been welcome on this website as far as I remember. I didn't realize there was a threshold or limit to how much a game can be criticized.
    Gobstopper3D

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Bless hatred has been very informative. It shows me how desperately players want a good mmorpg.

• BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 78
    MaxBacon said:
    Albatroes said:
    I don't know about A:IR. I mean the team behind it is more noteworthy than Neowiz, but if they haven't done anything about that optimization since the "pre-pre-alpha" trailer or whatever they want to call it, it won't matter. But coming out of the gate as f2p will probably help them in the long run, especially if they release late this year since there's gonna be some decent traffic in the "mmo-lite" genre next year. Going b2p like Neowiz will kill it just as fast especially since WoW's BFA expansion will be still be relatively fresh and most consumers are usually fiscal with their money in terms of entertainment.
    A:IR uses the infamous UE3, that is a nightmare to optimize for MMO's. The one I've seen well optimized and good looks for it, is Lost Ark.

But as a game itself, it's a better bless, if they get past the optimization and some other issues.
      Bless also uses UE3 and is DX 9.

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

Kano isn't the only person who has a negative/skeptical opinion of Bless CLEARLY.

Maybe that's why the extraordinarily positive people (who let's be honest, have bad f#$%ing taste in Korean MMORPGs) are so exhausted.

You're tired of reading it I get it. Why not go play your incredible game and be happy? Go stand around Spezia City emoting the wrong emotes for your dailies? How about go spam the level 37 dungeon so you can get your full blue Bear/Eagle gear and runes (because those are the only stats that matter). All so you can consensual PVP once a day.

There's so much to do in Bless end-game you shouldn't have time to argue with the "haters". RIGHT?

There has to be a deeper reason for why when people are rightfully critical of a game like Bless (complete with images, video, and facts) there are these little angels floating around doing damage control and counter pointing.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,978
    Kano isn't the only person who has a negative/skeptical opinion of Bless CLEARLY.

Maybe that's why the extraordinarily positive people (who let's be honest, have bad f#$%ing taste in Korean MMORPGs) are so exhausted.

You're tired of reading it I get it. Why not go play your incredible game and be happy? Go stand around Spezia City emoting the wrong emotes for your dailies? How about go spam the level 37 dungeon so you can get your full blue Bear/Eagle gear and runes (because those are the only stats that matter). All so you can consensual PVP once a day.

There's so much to do in Bless end-game you shouldn't have time to argue with the "haters". RIGHT?

There has to be a deeper reason for why when people are rightfully critical of a game like Bless (complete with images, video, and facts) there are these little angels floating around doing damage control and counter pointing.
    There also has to be a deeper reason for why people are critical of people not being critical. 
    StoneRoses

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,870
    edited June 2018
    Bless hatred has been very informative. It shows me how desperately players want a good mmorpg.
    I mean, problems aside its like Riders of Icarus with a little more depth or a waterdowned version of Archeage. I can't really blame people wanting it so bad, but the fact that problems existing for years going unaddressed. I was hoping some people would be a little smarter to understand this wasn't going to be more than what it has already been. Then again, some of these guys who first supported the game (or still do support it) may feel special since they got to meet a game development team, which could be a first time for many of these emissaries. Hearing things from a developer will always have a bigger impact than hearing from a publisher simply because you're hearing it from the horses mouth. At the end of the day though, this is all business and some people forget that. After all, not everyone engages in game just to be reminded that they always have to have their "adult sensor" on.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited June 2018
    There also has to be a deeper reason for why people are critical of people not being critical. 
    Possibly because it's seen as noncommittal. Indecisiveness over a subject leads to a lack of clarity and it's own often negative feelings attached to that murky perception.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 6,898

Usually it seems to be hemorrhoids.
    blueturtle13d_20

I personally could give a damn, but when I play forum PVP its usually because I've made a reasonable critical assessment of a game that I've paid for (or was planning to) and one of the local cult members takes offense to it and either tries to discredit or trivialize as a counterpoint.

It's one thing when I recognize that mine is not popular opinion, it's another when it's clear as day there is an epidemic and there's there are folks blatantly downplaying, attempting clean up or rounding edges.

For instance. I wrote what I wrote, and you quoted it. Instead of addressing anything I said in reference to the game you isolated a couple of closing words and turned them around.

I played along, are you willing to explain your motivations?
    blueturtle13Gobstopper3D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,978

I personally could give a damn, but when I play forum PVP its usually because I've made a reasonable critical assessment of a game that I've paid for (or was planning to) and one of the local cult members takes offense to it and either tries to discredit or trivialize as a counterpoint.

It's one thing when I recognize that mine is not popular opinion, it's another when it's clear as day there is an epidemic and there's there are folks blatantly downplaying, attempting clean up or rounding edges.

For instance. I wrote what I wrote, and you quoted it. Instead of addressing anything I said in reference to the game you isolated a couple of closing words and turned them around.

I played along, are you willing to explain your motivations?
    My motivation was based on the empathy dynamic

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Wasnt DMKano the one saying AA wasnt P2W?