Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,311
    I enjoy much about bless.  My biggest beef is the crafting.  I love crafting, but I don't seem to get any satisfaction from it with bless.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,973
    Scot said:
    Oh god, not somebody else who has to tell us something in a video...yawn.

Not just anybody - this was one of Neowiz picked emissaries

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,007
    DMKano said:
    Scot said:
    Oh god, not somebody else who has to tell us something in a video...yawn.

Not just anybody - this was one of Neowiz picked emissaries

its still a random dude who most don't care about
    SBFord
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail

Fortnite and LoL want a word with you
    edited June 2018
    Mikeha said:
    They simply don't have anything better to do. 

Also Blade And Soul uses Unreal Engine 3 and the game has some of the best performance of any mmo. 

Blade and Soul was also done by a very competent and experienced team. its also very tuned for small scale PvP unlike Bless

Also BnS is switching to UE4

Neowiz on the other hand....
    ysquare21
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 

Posting on whats been going on with Bless - you are free to label this as "smash the game" - but this is simply whats been goin on since launch.

Its all Neowiz' doing, nobody force them to rush this mess to steam.

None of this would be happening if there were no major issues with the game

If this upsets you, just dont read the posts.
    Maybe you're thinking about other threads because in this one all you're doing is posting links to what shills of the game that should never have been believed to begin with, are saying now, as if they should be believed now but not then. Once a dishonest shill who will say any shit for personal gain, always a shill.

You are adding zero to the knowledge base of why one should like or not like in Bless. Unless you too think that what shills say has credibility. I thought you were smarter than that.

Opinions vary.

Showing how emissaries who Neowiz vetted first hand are turning their backs on the game... I think that speaks volumes.

But just my opinion, feel free to agree and disagree as you wish
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 
    If the game is so great then what negative things people have to say about the game shouldn't matter, Neowiz honestly deserve all the negative comments people are making about the game, They're charging for a game that seems rushed and wasn't tested, If it had been tested then they would have know about the combat not being right, Instead of having to reduce all damage in one patch. 

They didn't even fix the market place dupe and chilli was a allowed to be sold at a higher price than it should have been, They say it's early access, But it's not a new game except from the combat and tutorial, Also with the 2 major issues they have had hit the economy they didn't even consider wiping the servers even though the game is in early access as people like to point out. 

They leave out content giving people not much to do end game, Even though the people working for Neowiz must know it doesn't take long to level, Just to get to level 30 it only takes about 5 - 6 hours. 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    DMKano said:

Posting on whats been going on with Bless - you are free to label this as "smash the game" - but this is simply whats been goin on since launch.

Fair enough Kano it just seems petty and beneath you but whatever floats your boat mate ;) 

Considering the trend that's grown out of letting so many EAs get a pass (and Steam's recent statement about being even more hands off), I'd much rather folks bash it to hell so devs at least consider another path in the future.  Or, at the very least, don't try to bring a broken game to the west with all the same broken parts it included in the east.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 939
    I was not interested in Bless Online, too many games have sucked and not really worked that well, always rushed. This sounds like a buggy game got rehashed quickly to make a quick cash influx. With the big game hyper's now shunning the game that does speak volumes.
    As i said i was dubious to add it to my wishlist, but i can now remove it with satisfaction that i did not buy into the hypetrain and waited this time round. SO Bless Online did turn out to be BO after all :)
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 924
    edited June 2018
    I lost my interest in this game in 2013 when it was announced at G-STAR as a faction based MMO.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    DMKano said:
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail

Fortnite and LoL want a word with you
    Right, it's not that PVP games are destined to fail, it's when we mix PVP and PVE is when it's destined to fail. They don't mix well.
    d_20
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
    Mikeha said:

Also Blade And Soul uses Unreal Engine 3 and the game has some of the best performance of any mmo. 
    ok now I need to ask what the hell are you smoking? the game is slow as hell on raids, even on korea, when korean guild all use hongmoon clothes so its don't mess with the fps.

hence why ncsoft is trying to upgrade for UE 4 since they are saying that is easier to optimize, also is said when they bring the new class they will update the engine, also it don't help blade and soul don't use video cards and go for processor to run the game
    Phry
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited June 2018
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I enjoy much about bless.  My biggest beef is the crafting.  I love crafting, but I don't seem to get any satisfaction from it with bless.
    I find the gathering can be a nightmare especially when starting out, Just trying to find places to gather certain mats, I'm sure you have to be a certain level to farm certain mats, I still never found a low level area to farm meteorite or moonweed,

Trying to farm finely ground bone powder isn't great with only a few elites that drop it, When you find an elite on a channel it wasn't long until someone else started taking the farm from you. 

I noticed there was some recipes that needed parts from certain elites especially for cooking, so i imagine that would just be the same issue with trying to farm the finely ground bone powder, But i never tried to farm them.

• ysquare21ysquare21 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:

None of this would be happening if there were no major issues with the game

Maybe you're thinking about other threads because in this one all you're doing is posting links to what shills of the game that should never have been believed to begin with, are saying now, as if they should be believed now but not then. Once a dishonest shill who will say any shit for personal gain, always a shill.

You are adding zero to the knowledge base of why one should like or not like in Bless. Unless you too think that what shills say has credibility. I thought you were smarter than that.

Opinions vary.

Showing how emissaries who Neowiz vetted first hand are turning their backs on the game... I think that speaks volumes.

But just my opinion, feel free to agree and disagree as you wish

I love MMOs and usually buy every MMO that comes out to see if it could be my new go to game or if my current MMO is still better. My brother and I usually make a weekend of it and have a lot of fun, even if it turns out the game is not for us. No hard feelings, we got our money's worth.

I heard about Bless years ago and when it finally came to the West it was a sure thing for me. I tried looing for information about the re-release and content but the homepage was really badly structured. At first I though nothing of it, but it was forums that gave me an idea about what the game was about. I decided to wait and see (a first in years). Turns out Bless really is not in a great state and news like this has made us take Bless off of our list of games to play. It's not about the money but about the time commitment. As I have said, my brother and I usually make a weekend of it, take time off from our private lives and it does require quite a bit of effort to organize (we live in different countries and doing this once or twice a year is always a lot of fun). I'm glad others shared their experience as to save us from having a bad one. So many other games to play. It is also not about bashing a game, however, in hindsight Neowiz truly did try their best to hide the game from us. I'm not going as far as accusing them of deceiving their customers but they clearly knew the game was not ready. EA or not.
    rertez
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,010
    edited June 2018
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Blade and Soul was also done by a very competent and experienced team. its also very tuned for small scale PvP unlike Bless

I was just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with the Unreal 3 engine. It comes down to the talent of the developers that use it. 

Blade and Soul performs well regardless of whats going on the screen. Bless has bad performance even if its just you by your self, not just in large scale pvp. 

And I know Blade And Soul is upgrading to Unreal Engine 4. ;)
    alkarionlog
    Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Sound Bar
    Vizio 65" M8 Quantum LED 
    edited June 2018
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

I was just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with the Unreal 3 engine. It comes down to the talent of the developers that use it. 

Blade and Soul performs well regardless of whats going on the screen. Bless has bad performance even if its just you by your self, not just in large scale pvp. 
    actually, no. Unreal 3 is a long time know for being a awfull engine on otimization of anything over then a couple of player on screen, hence why aion, blade and soul and others are pretty bad on fps and you are forced to hide all others players, unless of course you did buy a brand new pc this year then you almost don't notice, but since this si a 10+ Year old engine I say it pretty awfull, unreal said they fixed that issue on the unreal 4 but i'm waiting to see
    edited June 2018
    Mikeha said:

ok now I need to ask what the hell are you smoking? the game is slow as hell on raids, even on korea, when korean guild all use hongmoon clothes so its don't mess with the fps.

hence why ncsoft is trying to upgrade for UE 4 since they are saying that is easier to optimize, also is said when they bring the new class they will update the engine, also it don't help blade and soul don't use video cards and go for processor to run the game
    LMAO, you need a better PC.  Go to YouTube or Twitch and you can see with in a few minutes that Blade and Souls performance is not bad at all. 

Blade And Soul can run good on a potato PC. 

They are not upgrading because of bad performance. Its just a good time now since the game is now starting to show its age but is still NC Softs 2nd most profitable. Its a well justified investment to keep the game on a high visual level for years to come. 
    alkarionlogPhryNeonShadow
    Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Sound Bar
    Vizio 65" M8 Quantum LED 
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

LMAO, you need a better PC.  Go to YouTube or Twitch and you can see with in a few minutes that Blade and Souls performance is not bad at all. 

if that is the best you can think of, that explain a lot
    Phry
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

I am not thinking of anything. Blade And Soul is one of the games I play. 
    Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Sound Bar
    Vizio 65" M8 Quantum LED 
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

do you do raids in BnS?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,978
    Sephiroso said:
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

do you do raids in BnS?
    I have done a couple raids in the game. They ran great to be honest. Temple of Eluvium and Skybreak. BnS may have some issues to some but performance is not really one of them. 
    MrMelGibsonalkarionlog

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I'm really surprised how so much of you are still trying to defend Bless online...I mean, it was understandable that some of you were hyped so I was like whatever they ll find out how garbage game bless online is but now when its out I thought you can clearly see it or not? I guess that with current MMO's state these days, you are happy even with this garbage...so good! let's just support garbage games to let developers know they can make next garbage MMO, because you are happy to pay for it and enjoy it! 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,911
    edited June 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    That is true, I have played the Asian version and I was saying just this, this still has old issues, high problems with lack of content and so.

Meanwhile, the west was all "omg hype". Games like Lost Ark are the opposite, not much exposure here and exceed expectations when they get to play.

I would really have to recommend people A:IR if it ever comes to the west, it's mostly what people wanted from Bless. I don't think this dev team is going to do a comeback anytime soon to keep people playing long-term.
    Agreed, there will be no major improvement, they will milk it for a year and then announce the next regional launch,  bigger and better than before.

Coming soon, "The North and South Pole" edition. 

;)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,911
    Kano is a bit of an interesting person,  unlike many others he actively plays most of the games he slags on. 
    Phry

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,399
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

Raids ran fine for me, and at the time I didn't have a great computer. The game was really smooth 24/7. 
    alkarionlog