Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
Warning language

This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
Mikeha
«134567

Comments

  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
    edited June 2018
    If you have been following Emissaries have been abandoning the game since the launch - this was the first


    MadFrenchie
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,616
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    NycteliosScotThunder073KyleranHatefullrojoArcueidPhryMidPrincessShodanas
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,972
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    That is true, I have played the Asian version and I was saying just this, this still has old issues, high problems with lack of content and so.

    Meanwhile, the west was all "omg hype". Games like Lost Ark are the opposite, not much exposure here and exceed expectations when they get to play.

    I would really have to recommend people A:IR if it ever comes to the west, it's mostly what people wanted from Bless. I don't think this dev team is going to do a comeback anytime soon to keep people playing long-term.
    Kyleran
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,616
    MaxBacon said:
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    That is true, I have played the Asian version and I was saying just this, this still has old issues, high problems with lack of content and so.

    Meanwhile, the west was all "omg hype". Games like Lost Ark are the opposite, not much exposure here and exceed expectations when they get to play.

    I would really have to recommend people A:IR if it ever comes to the west, it's mostly what people wanted from Bless. I don't think this dev team is going to do a comeback anytime soon to keep people playing long-term.
    I don't know about A:IR. I mean the team behind it is more noteworthy than Neowiz, but if they haven't done anything about that optimization since the "pre-pre-alpha" trailer or whatever they want to call it, it won't matter. But coming out of the gate as f2p will probably help them in the long run, especially if they release late this year since there's gonna be some decent traffic in the "mmo-lite" genre next year. Going b2p like Neowiz will kill it just as fast especially since WoW's BFA expansion will be still be relatively fresh and most consumers are usually fiscal with their money in terms of entertainment.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,064
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

    This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
    Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

    And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

    Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

    God, people are getting stupider by the minute these days.
    blueturtle13SBFordPanther2103MisterZebubYashaXNyghthowlerrojoArcueidd_20ceratop001wandericaand 7 others.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I wonder what it was that led him to finally say the game was a cash grab?  I'm guessing this has to do with post level 45 gameplay?  I have multiple alts in the game, but none have reached max level yet.  

    I can definitely see problems with the game.  I have a few myself for sure.  I do however think it's worth the $30 for the game, so not sure if I would call it a 'cash grab.'  
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
    edited June 2018
    Albatroes said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    That is true, I have played the Asian version and I was saying just this, this still has old issues, high problems with lack of content and so.

    Meanwhile, the west was all "omg hype". Games like Lost Ark are the opposite, not much exposure here and exceed expectations when they get to play.

    I would really have to recommend people A:IR if it ever comes to the west, it's mostly what people wanted from Bless. I don't think this dev team is going to do a comeback anytime soon to keep people playing long-term.
    I don't know about A:IR. I mean the team behind it is more noteworthy than Neowiz, but if they haven't done anything about that optimization since the "pre-pre-alpha" trailer or whatever they want to call it, it won't matter. But coming out of the gate as f2p will probably help them in the long run, especially if they release late this year since there's gonna be some decent traffic in the "mmo-lite" genre next year. Going b2p like Neowiz will kill it just as fast especially since WoW's BFA expansion will be still be relatively fresh and most consumers are usually fiscal with their money in terms of entertainment.

    Bless - Unreal Engine 3

    A:IR - Unreal Engine 3

    Explains that stutter in the A:IR trailer.

    The real question is - why would A:IR use a 10 year old engine?


    Phry
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,972
    Albatroes said:
    I don't know about A:IR. I mean the team behind it is more noteworthy than Neowiz, but if they haven't done anything about that optimization since the "pre-pre-alpha" trailer or whatever they want to call it, it won't matter. But coming out of the gate as f2p will probably help them in the long run, especially if they release late this year since there's gonna be some decent traffic in the "mmo-lite" genre next year. Going b2p like Neowiz will kill it just as fast especially since WoW's BFA expansion will be still be relatively fresh and most consumers are usually fiscal with their money in terms of entertainment.
    A:IR uses the infamous UE3, that is a nightmare to optimize for MMO's. The one I've seen well optimized and good looks for it, is Lost Ark.

    But as a game itself, it's a better bless, if they get past the optimization and some other issues.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
    edited June 2018
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

    This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
    Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

    And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

    Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

    God, people are getting stupider by the minute these days.

    Emissary is a person selected by Neowiz to do the following:

    https://www.blessonline.net/emissary

    Emissaries were handpicked by Neowiz to champion the game in NA/EU, as well as provide feedback and maintain wiki - basically do free work for Neowiz and be considered "part of the Neowiz team".
    Maurgrim
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,064
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

    This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
    Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

    And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

    Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

    God, people are getting stupider by the minute these days.

    Emissary is a person selected by Neowiz to do the following:

    https://www.blessonline.net/emissary

    Emissaries were handpicked by Neowiz to champion the game in NA/EU.
    So... shill by another name. Got you.
    blueturtle13SBFordPanther2103YashaXd_20SiugPhryNildenMrMelGibson
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,511
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    How can you research devs removing content in a state of re launching which they claimed to fix the problems the game had?

    When I saw gameplay footage of the previous versions of Bless I wanted to play that. It looked like I would have fun if they fixed the issues.

    I think many people thought that too. So when the devs said they worked to fix the issues, they believed. Simple as that. They thought someone wouldnt that scammy to relaunch something with removed content to call it early access and still broken features.

    I'll be honest here: It got me by surprise too. The difference is: I don't pre order stuff. Besides the interviews pre launch raised some red flags.
    d_20
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,829
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 
    SBFordMikehaultimateduckUngoodYashaXceratop001Tindale111MrMelGibson

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,980
    I hate the whole Emissary thing. So many of them act all high and mighty in the game etc...    really annoying.
    YashaX
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,850
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    He got the viewers by hyping Bless and now he's getting viewers by bashing Bless, seems smart enough for me.

    You don't get views in Twitch by acting rationally. Creating drama is much more effective.
    IselinMisterZebubYashaXKylerand_20
     
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
    edited June 2018
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 

    Posting on whats been going on with Bless - you are free to label this as "smash the game" - but this is simply whats been goin on since launch.

    Its all Neowiz' doing, nobody force them to rush this mess to steam.

    None of this would be happening if there were no major issues with the game

    If this upsets you, just dont read the posts.
    blueturtle13KyleranPhryMrMelGibsont0nyd
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,829
    DMKano said:
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 

    Posting on whats been going on with Bless - you are free to label this as "smash the game" - but this is simply whats been goin on since launch.

    Its all Neowiz' doing, nobody force them to rush this mess to steam.

    If this upsets you, just dont read the posts.
    Fair enough Kano it just seems petty and beneath you but whatever floats your boat mate ;) 

    SBFordKyleranTindale111iamspamicusMrMelGibsont0nyd

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 
    yea let's find "NEW" game... good joke because all new games are same shits like Bless... there isn't any true "next-gen" or at least something new on horizon anyway MMO genre is dying because devs these days either jump on BR fking-cancer wagon or copy 99% ideas from old MMOs and then wondering why peoples don't want play it...
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,064
    DMKano said:
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 

    Posting on whats been going on with Bless - you are free to label this as "smash the game" - but this is simply whats been goin on since launch.

    Its all Neowiz' doing, nobody force them to rush this mess to steam.

    None of this would be happening if there were no major issues with the game

    If this upsets you, just dont read the posts.
    Maybe you're thinking about other threads because in this one all you're doing is posting links to what shills of the game that should never have been believed to begin with, are saying now, as if they should be believed now but not then. Once a dishonest shill who will say any shit for personal gain, always a shill.

    You are adding zero to the knowledge base of why one should like or not like in Bless. Unless you too think that what shills say has credibility. I thought you were smarter than that.
    blueturtle13alyndaleSBFordKyleranSiugiamspamicusMrMelGibson
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Warning language

    This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
    /facepalm

    image
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,322
    People knew what it was going in. I'm having fun still. 

    It seems like these Emissaries that are leaving are people who rush every game and get upset. I understand it's been out forever in other regions, but they didn't release all the content, and people rushed to endgame, and are upset there isn't as much to do as they had hoped. This is a normal reaction. Every MMO launch this happens. 

    People will never be happy. Has there been a launch of a game where everyone was happy with the level of content post 2012? No. Every time there is a GIANT group of people who rush the new game and freak out when the content isn't there and they cause a giant bandwagon to hate on the game, and it dies off. Games like BDO will do alright because they rely on players grinding and RNG as content, but games centered around themepark elements will never survive anymore without a big IP behind it. 
    ultimateduckSBFordpythiMrMelGibson
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,868
    and if people waited a month or 2 before playing all of this would be prevented, but not they had to fell for the hype, and hard at it
    pythi
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,951
    They simply don't have anything better to do. 


    Also Blade And Soul uses Unreal Engine 3 and the game has some of the best performance of any mmo. 
    SBFordPanther2103alkarionlogFlyByKnightStoneRosesMrMelGibson
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail
    Rhiow-Darkstep
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,083
    Oh god, not somebody else who has to tell us something in a video...yawn.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • ysquare21ysquare21 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited June 2018
    MaxBacon said:

    Meanwhile, the west was all "omg hype".

    The term "hype" is probably the most overused word in connection with MMOs ever. Interest is not hype. Excitement is not hype. The last MMOs that truly had hype were probably Warhammer, SWTOR and Guild Wars 2. All the other MMOs released since then had no hype to speak of. Interest? Excitement? Yes but no hype. Everyone knew FFXIV was bad so the re-release was greeted without much fanfare. ESO had people worried it might be the end of Elder Scrolls single player games and was not greeted enthusiastically.

    Noboday was hyped for Bless and there was no bandwagon. Yes, some people were genuinely excited but hardly anyone thought Bless was going to be their new MMO home, just something to kill some time. Everyone knew Bless was a work-in-progress at best.

    I'm not defending Bless (didn't buy it and won't). Just hate it when people throw the term hype about whenever a new MMO is released.


    KyleranSiugMrMelGibsonKrematory
Sign In or Register to comment.