Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old MMORPG that can't stop playing until now.

HatterGuyHatterGuy Member UncommonPosts: 12
We will know here how old you are lol

Mine are 
Rohan
Ragnarok Online.
GameolioDan

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,295
    That would be the P99 servers of Everquest .

• ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 5,081
    i still keep an active UO account , play occaisionally , over 20 years now ..
    Phaserlight
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,457
    My oldest active account before the game closed down was Asheron's Call.

I love UO (on my life, I LOVE this game, it means so much in the RPG history), but I can't be immersed in a 2.5D isometric world anymore. That's a show breaker for me.
    TorvalLokeroScotAlBQuirky
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,447
    I play L2 Classic. It is not that old though.

I do occasionally play some non-MMO games from the 90's.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 29,747
    DAOC is the one I still visit, 1.69 version only though. 

;)
    ScotPhaserlight

Ten types of internet trolls - Which one are you?

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,501
    WoW. The Legend, birth of a genre.

For realz.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SedrynTyros
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Meridian 59, UO and EverCrack
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 1,626
    None, if it is done, it's done.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member RarePosts: 1,707
    Entropia.

Came out in 2004. I started 2009 or 2010. I logged on last night to collect my land deeds money, then logged off.
  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 8,962
    Entropia.

Came out in 2004. I started 2009 or 2010. I logged on last night to collect my land deeds money, then logged off.
    I can remember a time when I just logged into Lotro to pay my housing bill, that said I got six years of actual play out of it so not to bad. :)

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

Scot said:
    Entropia.

I can remember a time when I just logged into Lotro to pay my housing bill, that said I got six years of actual play out of it so not to bad. :)
    Reminds me that if I wasn't so honest, I should sell my lifetime LOTRO account. A game I will definitely never play again. They just lost their soul.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 7,346
    Leveled a little in Aion and AoC unchained. But stopped after awhile.
    “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”  ― Haruki Murakami
  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 8,962
    Scot said:
    Entropia.

Reminds me that if I wasn't so honest, I should sell my lifetime LOTRO account. A game I will definitely never play again. They just lost their soul.
    The cash shop did go way too far and so quickly, within a year as bad as most of them. But I think I got my monies worth.
    Jean-Luc_Picard

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

edited June 10
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Entropia.

The cash shop did go way too far and so quickly, within a year as bad as most of them. But I think I got my monies worth.
    Yeah, so did I way before the cash shop appeared. I was running the LOTRO vault for a while, loved that game. I definitely don't regret my lifetime account, it's just useless now.
    Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on
    Scot

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 5,730
    edited June 10
    Hmmm....  While not quite on topic, my oldest active gaming account is likely my Steam account...  But there's no sub to that, so it's not really the same.

I sub and cancel pretty fluidly.  If devs aren't providing content that keeps me playing frequently, I'm gonna let 'em know by hitting that cancel button real quick like.

With that said, I guess GW2 or ESO are my oldest accessible MMORPG accounts.  I've recently dipped my toes back into both, but quickly moved back to playing regular ole miltiplayer and singleplayer games.  Mainly because the biggest thing left to do in most all of my MMORPG accounts is level an alt or farm gear.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 4,822
    edited June 10
    I still log into FFXI whenever they have free periods. Shell of its former self but some of the changes aren't horrible and it can be decent if you manage to get a solid group together for stuff like ambuscade and omen.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member RarePosts: 2,466
    Vendetta has been publicly available since 2002. I started in 2003. It's just still good. 
    MadFrenchie

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
    Check it out on Steam

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member RarePosts: 2,891
    Lost my UO account.  That would be the oldest account.
    @Phaserlight I recently visited the Vendetta Online page and found that it appears the game isn't free on PC, but is free on mobile.

That seems like a very, very strange way to monetize the same game across platforms.  Can you give a little more info on how that even works?  Can I not log into my PC account from my phone and vice versa?

@Phaserlight I recently visited the Vendetta Online page and found that it appears the game isn't free on PC, but is free on mobile.

That seems like a very, very strange way to monetize the same game across platforms.  Can you give a little more info on how that even works?  Can I not log into my PC account from my phone and vice versa?
    It is strange, but it works, apparently.

As of today: there is a free trial on PC (8 hours game time) after which there is a subscription.  $10 per month, or less in bulk.  This lets you also play on your phone.

You can also sign up for a free to play account from your phone which caps you at license 4/4/4/4/4 and forces you to also use a secondary currency, Crystal, which can either be earned in game or purchased for real money.  On a free account you can only play on mobile, not PC.

There is a third option, "Lite", which is $1 per month, can be purchased via mobile and allows you to play on both mobile and PC with the same above limitations.

In a nutshell, it looks like: Premium: $10 per month, all platforms no limitations > Lite: $1 per month, all platforms some limitations > Free: mobile only some limitations.

If you go to the website and download the game on PC you will only be given the free trial with the option to subscribe at the end, I believe.  To get the "Lite" or free options, get the game from Google Play or the iOS store.
    MadFrenchieKyleran

Check it out on Steam

As of today: there is a free trial on PC (8 hours game time) after which there is a subscription.  $10 per month, or less in bulk.  This lets you also play on your phone.

You can also sign up for a free to play account from your phone which caps you at license 4/4/4/4/4 and forces you to also use a secondary currency, Crystal, which can either be earned in game or purchased for real money.  On a free account you can only play on mobile, not PC.

There is a third option, "Lite", which is $1 per month, can be purchased via mobile and allows you to play on both mobile and PC with the same above limitations.

In a nutshell, it looks like: Premium: $10 per month, all platforms no limitations > Lite: $1 per month, all platforms some limitations > Free: mobile only some limitations.

If you go to the website and download the game on PC you will only be given the free trial with the option to subscribe at the end, I believe.  To get the "Lite" or free options, get the game from Google Play or the iOS store.
    That IS strange, but I do like how they seem to have put a lot of thought into the checks and balances.

I'm thinking about giving it a try.  8 hours play time is a lot to get one's feet wet.  I know this is off topic, but one more question: how well do the controls map over to a joystick?

That IS strange, but I do like how they seem to have put a lot of thought into the checks and balances.

I'm thinking about giving it a try.  8 hours play time is a lot to get one's feet wet.  I know this is off topic, but one more question: how well do the controls map over to a joystick?
    Super Good...

(You can even use dual sticks, which I may have played with at one point in time)
    MadFrenchie

Check it out on Steam

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 6,117
    Scot said:
    Entropia.

Heh I tried it not long ago...All the 115s were grinding level 10-20 mobs for deeds....That is like 0 fun....My old school games are occasionally EQ and more often AO.
    thunderC
  • amalageramalager Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited June 11
    I played Eclipsed War Online then it closed.
    I played War of Angels then it closed
    I played Seven Souls Online and it closed
    I tried to visit Rohan Blood Feud and its quite dead and thinking of playing Rohan SEA but I need to start all over again.
    old MMO's 
    Post edited by amalager on
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,327
    " Allegiance " on a dial-up im 67.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA