Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn

JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
I haven't posted here for some time. But I feel compelled to do so now. I have played a lot of ARPGs (and MMORPGs) for a long time. It's my favorite genre) I started with Diablo I (for you very old timers DND and Telengard). I've played many many other ARGs: Diablo series, Torchlight series, Hellgate, Sacred Gold, Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege. I have to say Grim Dawn may beat them all. My favorites are Diablo II, although I played it so much I got burned out and Titan Quest. As I found out Grim Dawn's lead developers are from Titan Quest it makes sense I love the game. I've put over 300 hours into the game and still love it. You can do so much with it: combo classes, factions, skills, and devotions (which is becoming much bigger). Your interactions and choices make a difference, like Bioware games. The developers and independent and you can tell they enjoy what they are doing. They announced a new expansion later this year and I can hardly wait.

The biggest drawback is that it is so addicting. You get started and you don't want to stop. I am playing a Necro right now and not sure to duel class an Occultist or Shaman. It's a blast and so unique. It blows Diablo II away, especially when devotions are added to the mix. 

This is becoming my favorite ARPG of all time. Surprising because I never thought anything would beat Diablo II. I am curious if I am alone in this feeling.

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Grim Dawn really doesn't compare to Path of Exile for me.  It's a nice game but the replayability jsut isn't there for me at all
  • JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Grim Dawn really doesn't compare to Path of Exile for me.  It's a nice game but the replayability jsut isn't there for me at all
    That is the one game I haven't tried yet and definitely the next game to try. It is an MMO though and I can be very busy in school and work and have enough responsibilities to disappear from gaming for quite awhile. Although for the next couple of months I will have time. I will give it a try, but I can disappear for 1/2 year or longer.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    That is the one game I haven't tried yet and definitely the next game to try. It is an MMO though and I can be very busy in school and work and have enough responsibilities to disappear from gaming for quite awhile. Although for the next couple of months I will have time. I will give it a try, but I can disappear for 1/2 year or longer.
    well POE is built on season that last a few months and then reset - although there is a no seasonal ladder you can play that never resets.  That's not a bad place to start