Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 Lack of Content

rcdtearrcdtear Member Posts: 19

I have been playing EQ2 since before beta, and I am probably going to close down my account in the next month.  Why?  A lack of content.  I have a level 50 Berserker who is in a raiding guild and has prismatics.  I have done most of the quests I can get my hands on, I have helped my guild get up to level 28 almost 29 and im bored clueless. 

I think my biggest gripes is that every other tank my level looks exactly like me, that I have been to almost every zone out there (working and getting all my accesses), and there is no where else to go.  I love the graphics dont get me wrong, but everyone who is a tank type at my level looks like a black, white, or dark blue tin can.  My husbands character looks like everyone else in their leathers.  I have a serious feeling of being part of the matrix (think Mr. Smith).  I also find that I am exactly like every other zerker on my server (minus or plus 1 piece of armor).  I have also noticed EQ2 nasty move to make all the raiding mobs almost impossible for Melee DPS to fight in it.  No Meleeing on raids = no need for zerkers on raids. 

It took me a full 3 years to decide to leave EQ1 and that was because I saw EQ2 on the horizon.  Why did I stay so long?  Because I had not explored the entire world, there was still new and interesting stuff to see, and I didnt look like every sandra, janet and sally.  Blah I didnt mean to make this turn into a whine session I just want to know if EQ2 is going to stop pandering to everyone who crys "I want this for free", or "hey make the raid mobs harder cause we already beat em and want to make it super tough for the new guilds to raid it." 

EQ2 has lost its charm,  thats pretty bad after only what 4 to 6 months live.  I would really like to see people looking different, having guild tabards, different armor, or heck new ZONES flood me with zones, I would rather have something to explore to keep me occupied.  I love raiding but if that is all there is at the end, whats the point.

(ramblings of an lost soul)

P.S. Their customer service ...... hmm is there any customer service.image

RCDTEAR

Over the wind,
Across the Sea.
A sirens life,
I call to thee.

Comments

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

I'm sorry the game started to seem a little bland. Normally posts like this get flamed with the "who cares" type posts but you have geniune gripes. I guess you could take a break and pop back in when the new expansion goes live. I don't know about you but I think the expansion looks pretty damn cool.

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

Take a break, and come back when the expansion comes out.

You clearly play a lot and that's why you're bored.

How many hours have you put into it? Seems a bit odd to claim that one of the games on the market with the MOST content is somehow lacking in content simply because you've put in over 300 hours and you've seen it all.

There are games that lack content, this isn't one of them. Maybe play some other game for a few months.

If it's not fun, stop playing.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

eq2 hasnt been at that long. There is an expansion coming very soon and Im sure many other expansions to
    come. They have already said that new weapon/armor grpahics are coming. The SOGA characetr models are coming. They have mentioned giving us the ability to change our characters looks after creation(like eqs /face).

Start an alt.
    Change cities
    Take up a trade

• permsterpermster Member UncommonPosts: 102

I can see your point about the lack of content in eq2.  Though I don't agree myself, but that is only because my play time has decreased to hardly at all lately.  So basically everytime I get to login something is new.

One thing I would ask though is how long did it take you to get to the max lvl in eq1?  I don't think it was 4 - 6 months, but yeah it is possible.  I don't know if that's your particular case, but I'm trying to give you a different point of view on an eq1 vs. eq2 comparison as far as content.  It took me well over a year to get max level in eq1.  There are downsides to leveling up like crazy.  Boredom being one of them.

Each time I start an alt I find something new.  There are so many lower/mid level zones that most people don't even zone into.  Plus the adventure packs are fun.  Soon to release expansion.  Should be interesting I think.

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

I for myself agree with the topic. Although I wouldnt say its a lack of content per se - because there are so many quests etc. But once you got into the game you start to realize that its incredibly repetitive and somehow very static. Thats were I see the advantage of games with a PvP endgame (lets say DAoC for example). After you got through all the levels and got you gear the fun just starts. Its more like player-driven content - which somehow makes sure that it is different and exciting every time you log in.
    That is something I really missed in EQ2. It just felt like a huge grind..doing the same things over and over to reach cap-level, eventually. And then...? I tried to stay away from the grind, but the content just wasnt that exciting, to be honest..dunno^^

So to get back on topic: There are other games out there that might suit you more on the long run (as I said . DAoC maybe, they just opened 3 new servers, which is a good moment to start).

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Has more content than most!

I mean it's lasted you from beta till now :S Most games don't last that long

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

Where Eq1 your first MMORG? Or your first addiction MMORG (doing something up to 40 hours a week is either work or addiction ;) Come on, if you had sex that much you would be marked as addict :p) And dont forget you came into that game 2 year into its lifespan. I'm willing to bet (not really) that Eq2 will be larger in 1 1/2 year then Eq1 where 2 years old.

I most certainly know your feeling. Didnt get it with Eq2 before RL happened, but I doubt I would have played up to know with the 40-50 hours I did in January.

Of course, if SOE keep up the rate at wich they release content I might need a new hard drive ;) This game is certainly takes its share of storage :p

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

Ive been with EQ2 two week after release.  There is alot of content involving quests and crafting.  Some of the quests tho involve you getting into groups to be able to even do them.  I know of a series of quests that involve killing lots of dragons.  Splitpaw was a really nice addition to help bring more content but people seemed to have gotten quickly burned out on it.  I do think some people are getting burned out with EQ2 as a whole and quickly judge there is no content.  Thats probably why SOE is planning to release an expansion really soon, I bet they knew that most of their player base would get into this kind of mood by now.

Too me there is plenty of content in EQ2.  what the game really lacks is depth.  Like WoW, there is different types of mounts for each side.  The alliance side could choice three mounts and the horde could choose three mounts.  On Eq2 everyone rides a horse.  Everyone as the same looking armor.  There is no racial uniqueness inside the game.  Everything does seem so black and white.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

There is so much they could have done with the horses :)

Like forcing us to rent a stable. Turn them into a minigame of their own (of course some would then complain about "my little pony online") :) Armor/stuff for the horses. Learn them tricks (so you could show off, a horse where a showoff in itself when I first got one, me for once selecting the right tradeskill :p). Give them a seperate "level" system so they could learn specials for use in battle.

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

You know what really blew me away the most, was that pet dragon you get from the collector's edition.  I almost got it just because of the dragon,  good thing I didnt.  It does nothing.  It does like any normal pet would do, roam around your apartment all day everyday and nothing more.

SOE should have made that extra $30 that players spent into something useful.  Like make the dragon age, when you are three months into your account, the dragon is able to fly, maybe use it as a mount?  Something that is worth that $30 bucks people paid.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

rcdtear,
    If you've done all that, you play A LOT and there isn't a game out there that will hold your interest long. Try making a new character and learning those dynamics.

Maybe it's different as a Tank, but as a Troubador, I NEVER see anyone with the exact same armor I have. Heck I've barely seen two characters look exactly the same (except mage types). There also can't be THAT many level 50 Tanks on your server that could wear the same armor as you.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Well I couldn't agree with you more rcdtear, I've also been playing EQ2 since Beta, I have my lvl 50 warden and although I love her, my guild and all my role playing friends, I can't help but feel I've reached an impass within Norath.

Customization is a huge problem right now, in combat wear most of the healers at my lvl are all wearing the same thing, ok no big deal, we all heal pretty much the same way and at the same capacity, ok again, no big deal, all Teir'Dal's pretty much all look the same, ok a little bit of a big deal but certainly not game breaking and there's pretty much one uber twink for every class (weapons, jewlry, dolls), ok not a big deal on it's own but when you put everything together... /sigh, it's a big deal.

I've done almost every quest I can (most of which have hardly any difference between them, save for the mob your hunting), I've raided time and time again, I've crafted and still do, I've added to my community, helped establish my guild, I make a carreer out of helping newbies, I participate in large events, so in other words I do as much as I can with what I've been handed. And STILL, here I am at the very end game and I sit thinking to myself everytime I log on... "whats the point?". After everything has been done, all the raids, all the quests, all my guilds triumps and faillings, we've affected absolutely nothing in game and no matter what we do in the future will affect the world around us.

This, in my very humble oppinion, is the sole problem with EQ2. It gives absolutely nothing back to those that spend the time, money and energy towards it as in the end we all still look the same, can basically do the same thing and affect absolutely nothing. The only thing keeping me there now is of course my friends, the wondeful people I've met in my guild, my pride in my crafted items and helping others. I hope that perhaps one day the SOE/EQ2 team will learn the joy of diversity and that perhaps along with DoF, we'll see some meaningful quality content that will involve it's player base instead of having of us in a perpetual third party viewing status.

I feel for you rcdtear and I hope we can both stick it out and see a wonderful game flourish to a truly great game, which I truly believe it can very much so be.

Again, you've only done it from the Freeport side. Do it again with a different class from the Qeynos side. If you were a tank try a healer, if you were a healer try a scout etc. I promise you a Scout and a Healer play in two totally different ways.

There are literally thousands of combinations of jewlery, armor, and gear. Just because you've decided to go with the same thing everyone else has, doesn't mean the options aren't there. People have a tendency to just look for the highest mitigation and call it good, but there is a lot more to consider. Are you running out of power quickly? Might want to think about getting some armor that adds to power. Enemy mages lighting you up, get some magic resistance. Heck changing armor is as easy as clicking on it, change it up when you need it.

But again, if you have done ALL (well obviously not all, but a lot) of the quests including the new expansion packs, you play A LOT, and you're going to get burned out quicker than someone who isn't on as much.

• BobiinBobiin Member Posts: 198
    I left EQ2 for DAoC a few weeks ago, and im very glad with my decision

--Nyture, Arc Convoker of fironia vie server (EQ) --Retired--
    -- Nytur 39 Conjuror of Lucan D'lere (Quit due to low populations)
    -- Currently playing WoW while waiting for vanguard
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 60%
    Killer 53%
    Achiever 20%

PLEASE SOE MAKE A CLASSIC EQ SERVER. Shadow of luclin was a prick in EQs side. PoP Was a gun to the face.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Well I think its clear that you have done everything the game has to offer. The game has been released since November of 2004?(not 4-6 months) And if you have played before beta, I think thats alot of time to do pretty much everything. I dont think it means EQ2 has a lack of content, rather you have finished all of the content.

• rcdtearrcdtear Member Posts: 19

OK a change of class dosnt make a bit of difference. I currently have a 40+ monk, a 40+ druid (which btw suck compaired to the EQ1 version).  I also have a 46th level provisioner(And let me tell you the most boring thing in the game is tradeskilling).  Once you play 1 class you pretty much play them all.  Alot of the classes function the same way, and you are hitting the same areas over and over again.  You know the best places to level since you have explored 99% of the world already.  If there were new areas to explore I would be all for it (hopes to see that soon). 

As for the amount of tankage and other plate classes on my sever, 75% of our 50th level characters on there are plate class.  I have seen zerkers, paladins, sk's, healer types, guardians coming out of my ears.  There is at least 4 high level raiding guilds on our server (the one I am in included). 

I am thinking its both depth and content.  Both are missingk you can add content I supose but can you add depth.  I see that sony is adding things, but it seems like they are adding the bare min to keep everyone happy.  Make a zone, slap mobs into it,  make it amazing on drops and exp for 2 weeks then nurf the crap out of it. 

I have completed all of the quests for Splitpaw and the Vampire chronicles.  Do I play alot, yes I admit I do.  I play with my husband for up to 8+ hours stretchs.  Whe because it is a cheep way to do something without going through the roof spending money for entertainment (we are in a small town and there isnt a hell of alot to do here). 

I was so hoping to see better in EQ2.  The graphics blew me away.  However right now they are lacking color and they are lacking inventive ways to take things a step farther.  Take housing for instance.  You get furniture in a house you cant even sit in.  Its all window dressing.  This is what I see with alot of things on EQ2.  I hope to see them fix this in the future. 

Mean while I am taking a break by playing WOW and COH.  And no I am not saying by any means they are a better solution, its just an alternative till EQ2 gets their heads in gear and stop worrying about the money their making now, and start worrying about the money they can make with more people playing.

rcdtear

P.S.  I started out on Muds, and yes I have played DAOC (I wasnt impressed)

RCDTEAR

Over the wind,
    Across the Sea.
    A sirens life,
    I call to thee.

Wow would love to see the profile on those 3 characters. 3 Characters 40+ is pretty impressive. I don't know how you've had time to even come here and post that.
  • SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137

Originally posted by rcdtear

OK a change of class dosnt make a bit of difference. I currently have a 40+ monk, a 40+ druid (which btw suck compaired to the EQ1 version).  I also have a 46th level provisioner(And let me tell you the most boring thing in the game is tradeskilling).  Once you play 1 class you pretty much play them all.  Alot of the classes function the same way, and you are hitting the same areas over and over again.  You know the best places to level since you have explored 99% of the world already.  If there were new areas to explore I would be all for it (hopes to see that soon). 
    As for the amount of tankage and other plate classes on my sever, 75% of our 50th level characters on there are plate class.  I have seen zerkers, paladins, sk's, healer types, guardians coming out of my ears.  There is at least 4 high level raiding guilds on our server (the one I am in included). 
    I am thinking its both depth and content.  Both are missingk you can add content I supose but can you add depth.  I see that sony is adding things, but it seems like they are adding the bare min to keep everyone happy.  Make a zone, slap mobs into it,  make it amazing on drops and exp for 2 weeks then nurf the crap out of it. 
    I have completed all of the quests for Splitpaw and the Vampire chronicles.  Do I play alot, yes I admit I do.  I play with my husband for up to 8+ hours stretchs.  Whe because it is a cheep way to do something without going through the roof spending money for entertainment (we are in a small town and there isnt a hell of alot to do here). 
    I was so hoping to see better in EQ2.  The graphics blew me away.  However right now they are lacking color and they are lacking inventive ways to take things a step farther.  Take housing for instance.  You get furniture in a house you cant even sit in.  Its all window dressing.  This is what I see with alot of things on EQ2.  I hope to see them fix this in the future. 
    Mean while I am taking a break by playing WOW and COH.  And no I am not saying by any means they are a better solution, its just an alternative till EQ2 gets their heads in gear and stop worrying about the money their making now, and start worrying about the money they can make with more people playing.
    rcdtear
    P.S.  I started out on Muds, and yes I have played DAOC (I wasnt impressed)

There is no comparison between EQ 1 and EQ 2! They bear the same name, thats where it starts and ends. EQ 2 was made to be far more accessible to the average gamer who doesn't want to put in the time that was required for EQ 1. I would personally have much preferred that EQ 2 was more like EQ 1 but SOE had to try and compete with WoW etc.

As far as content goes, there is tons in EQ 2! it is definitely the most content rich of any recent MMO. Want to play some games with lack of content, try WoW or SWG. Obviously if you play any game enough you will eventually run out of stuff to do. In my case I am always helping Guildies etc and there is always stuff to make and sell.

S

Originally posted by Sharkypal

Ok, well someone who leaves EQ2 for WoW doesnt really strike me as a serious MMO player. Further to that, the tradeskills are great fun and very rewarding if you stick them out. Admittedly they are rather annnoying at first.

I've seen some crazy silly comments on these boards, but this is for sure in the top 5. First of all, she never even said she "left" EQ2 for WoW, instead she simply stated that she was using WoW and COH as filler until EQ2 got their act together but even so, declairing someone you dont even know as "not a serious MMO player" is just inane. WoW is a wonderful game, and fits the bill for many many players, aprox. 12 TIMES more people then EQ2 fits. Some of the hardest of hard core MMO players and RP'ers that I know play WoW full time and nothing but WoW, I'd love for you to tell them that their game doesn't classify as a "serious" MMO.

Furthermore, tradeskills maybe great fun for you, I actually really enjoy my lvl 50 weaponsmith and is one of the 3 reasons why I'm actually still playing EQ2 but it's certanly not for everyone. I think rcdtear was simply saying it wasn't for her.

Lastly, no one is arguing that EQ2 has ZERO content, as rcdtear stated, you can have content, but where's the depth. Simply stated EQ2 has none and you can prove this by trying to answer one question: Once you have the uber armor, uber twink, done the raids and mastered your tradeskill what does the game do to support the community and gameplay? Without creating an answer you simply can't come up with an answer because there is nothing. Hopefully this is comming, but as it stands now you have to creat depth on your own in EQ2 and that's where many end level players are having issues as it stands right now.

Originally posted by shae

Ok, well someone who leaves EQ2 for WoW doesnt really strike me as a serious MMO player. Further to that, the tradeskills are great fun and very rewarding if you stick them out. Admittedly they are rather annnoying at first.

I've seen some crazy silly comments on these boards, but this is for sure in the top 5. First of all, she never even said she "left" EQ2 for WoW, instead she simply stated that she was using WoW and COH as filler until EQ2 got their act together but even so, declairing someone you dont even know as "not a serious MMO player" is just inane. WoW is a wonderful game, and fits the bill for many many players, aprox. 12 TIMES more people then EQ2 fits. Some of the hardest of hard core MMO players and RP'ers that I know play WoW full time and nothing but WoW, I'd love for you to tell them that their game doesn't classify as a "serious" MMO.

Furthermore, tradeskills maybe great fun for you, I actually really enjoy my lvl 50 weaponsmith and is one of the 3 reasons why I'm actually still playing EQ2 but it's certanly not for everyone. I think rcdtear was simply saying it wasn't for her.

Lastly, no one is arguing that EQ2 has ZERO content, as rcdtear stated, you can have content, but where's the depth. Simply stated EQ2 has none and you can prove this by trying to answer one question: Once you have the uber armor, uber twink, done the raids and mastered your tradeskill what does the game do to support the community and gameplay? Without creating an answer you simply can't come up with an answer because there is nothing. Hopefully this is comming, but as it stands now you have to creat depth on your own in EQ2 and that's where many end level players are having issues as it stands right now.

WoW fits the bill for casual gamers, that's why there are so many more players ... pure and simple. WoW = Candy coated sugary W*nk that looks like "The Smurfs", It takes longer to level in BF2. Unfortunately by pandering to casual gamers, you sacrifice the longevity of a game. I am 100% against this but the $$ will always win. You can keep telling me all day WoW is a serious MMO, it isn't ... not by a long shot. I hit Level 23 in 3 days, that's a joke!

S

PS : Yes, my last statement regarding Rcdtear was very presumptuous, so I apologize. I have removed it.

WoW fits the bill for casual gamers, that's why there are so many more players ... pure and simple. WoW = Candy coated sugary W*nk that looks like "The Smurfs", It takes longer to level in BF2. Unfortunately by pandering to casual gamers, you sacrifice the longevity of a game. I am 100% against this but the $$ will always win. You can keep telling me all day WoW is a serious MMO, it isn't ... not by a long shot. I hit Level 23 in 3 days, that's a joke!
    S
    PS : Yes, my last statement regarding Rcdtear was very presumptuous, so I apologize. I have removed it.

See but thats just it, all that is, is your oppinion, nothing more and nothing less. It's no more valid or invalid then the next person who agrees or dissagrees with you. The problem with perceptions like yours is that you give absolutely no lineancy to people of differing oppinion, you stick your "This game is for kids and noobs" blinders on and forget that there's as wide a market of players out there then there are games.

And if all your judging a "serious" mmo by is how long it takes you to level, what the hell ? Given the right amount of time I can power level a character from 0 to 50 in EQ2 in 4 weeks, probably even cut that by a week if I have help. About the only argument I ever hear about WoW is that it panders to the casual gamer... hmm well do you mean that as it's really easy to get into and understand ? That it doesn't take a super computer to make look really good ? or that you don't need to play 6 to 8 hours a day to stay competitive ? Give me a feature for feature list of what makes WoW so freaking "kiddy" in comparsion to EQ2.

I've played both, I choose EQ2 for the simple fact that it had the slight edge in end game and community but no way and no how do I look down on a game thats been made as well as WoW. Just because it wasn't for "me" does not give me the right to critisize and dismiss it as viable entertainment for other players.

So basically what you're asking is "Once you've done everything there is to do in a game, what is there left to do?". Do you see how goofy that sounds? The fact that you've done EVERYTHING in less than a year, including master your tradeskill profession tells me there isn't a game in the world that can add content fast enough for you. I can't imagine having the time to accomplish this, on both the Freeport and the Qeynos side.

But to answer your question: You can RP, some great tools with player housing and the like. You can decorate your own or other people's house. You can set up RP events. You can Mentor some guildies and help them through the quests. You can wait a few months for the cap to go to level 60 and PvP is added.

Can I please see your profile? I would love to see how many quests you've done.

Originally posted by Jodokai
    So basically what you're asking is "Once you've done everything there is to do in a game, what is there left to do?". Do you see how goofy that sounds? The fact that you've done EVERYTHING in less than a year, including master your tradeskill profession tells me there isn't a game in the world that can add content fast enough for you. I can't imagine having the time to accomplish this, on both the Freeport and the Qeynos side.
    But to answer your question: You can RP, some great tools with player housing and the like. You can decorate your own or other people's house. You can set up RP events. You can Mentor some guildies and help them through the quests. You can wait a few months for the cap to go to level 60 and PvP is added.
    Can I please see your profile? I would love to see how many quests you've done.

I've absolutely never asked for that, where/how and from what you get that from I have NO idea... but whatever. Asking that is not only unfair, it's completely unrealistic. I don't want or even need new content every single day/week/month but what I do want, what I think is fair (if you want people to stay) are just some very very simple things.

a) Give me some diversity, during and at the end of game. Make certain that I can at least slightly differ myself from EVERY other Warden out there. Doesn't have to be big things here, just little tiny rewards.

b) Give the players something other then uber item hunting/creating. This can be both end game and during game. If if I feel I have a goal yet to be acheived then I will want to stay and prosper within my community, if all you give me is a lvl system to get to 50 (or 60 in a short while) and then a race to get the best gear that I can, well once that's done, there's nothing left to do.

c) Support the people that support your game. Jodokai, you made a great point yourself when you said people can RP, interact with housing, help others, all extremely valid point and had you read my posts in this thread you would know that that's all I do now, I actually pride myself on being one of the top supporters in my community. The problem lies is that there is absolutely NO support for this sort of activity from the developers. Which is understdanble of course, they are busy building the best game they possibly can to "compete" with that "other" very popular MMO. But now is the time to start working on this and as I've said before, I certainly hope that DoF is the start to adding all the above points into the game.

Although I certainly appreciate your calling me goofy and the sublte but pretty obvious reference to the amount of time it takes to do what I have done in the game but it's honestly not been all the hard. I go to school full time, I have two part times jobs, a boyfriend and I play games as a hobby, I'ver certainly not dedicated my life to EQ2 and when I do play I do so because I very much so enjoy the community and the friends i've made throughout my time there. The one and only reason I agree with rcdtear's initial comments is because I DO enjoy this game and would like for it to improve and become something I'm proud of spending my free time within, simple as that.

S

See but thats just it, all that is, is your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. It's no more valid or invalid then the next person who agrees or disagrees with you. The problem with perceptions like yours is that you give absolutely no lineancy to people of differing opinion, you stick your "This game is for kids and noobs" blinders on and forget that there's as wide a market of players out there then there are games.

And if all your judging a "serious" mmo by is how long it takes you to level, what the hell ? Given the right amount of time I can power level a character from 0 to 50 in EQ2 in 4 weeks, probably even cut that by a week if I have help. About the only argument I ever hear about WoW is that it panders to the casual gamer... hmm well do you mean that as it's really easy to get into and understand ? That it doesn't take a super computer to make look really good ? or that you don't need to play 6 to 8 hours a day to stay competitive ? Give me a feature for feature list of what makes WoW so freaking "kiddy" in comparsion to EQ2.

I've played both, I choose EQ2 for the simple fact that it had the slight edge in end game and community but no way and no how do I look down on a game thats been made as well as WoW. Just because it wasn't for "me" does not give me the right to critisize and dismiss it as viable entertainment for other players.

Nothing to do with the time it takes to level, WoW is just too simple for me. It seems to me in every post you have to preach about how you have done everything and you could do it in 3 weeks etc. Are you looking for some kind of validation? Nobody cares how fast you level, what loot you have or how many quests you've done. I very seriously doubt you have done everything in the game.

About why WoW is a "kiddie" game. Well I will concede that EQ 2 is not on the same level as EQ 1 in terms of the amount of time and effort you have to put in but WoW is just too easy. It is laughably easy! Yes, it is my personal preference but the way the game looks is just lame. I really don't like that style at all.

That is my proof that WoW is a "kiddie" MMO, it's easy! Far too easy for me and most of the people I know and play with. At the end of the day most of what is said here is personal opinion. I'd say the same thing about GW, it's like the "Happy Meal" of MMOs. You open the box and you can do just about everything.

This just isn't for me. I would still play EQ1 but unfortunately I cant get past the graphics anymore. I agree to some extent about your comments vis a vis EQ2 needing a fairly good PC, but thats the price you pay for cutting edge visuals. Ultimately, you pay to play and EQ 2 was designed to look good for a few years!

S

Nothing to do with the time it takes to level, WoW is just too simple for me.It seems to me in every post you have to preach about how you have done everything and you could do it in 3 weeks etc. Are you looking for some kind of validation? Nobody cares how fast you level, what loot you have or how many quests you've done. I very seriously doubt you have done everything in the game.
    About why WoW is a "kiddie" game. Well I will concede that EQ 2 is not on the same level as EQ 1 in terms of the amount of time and effort you have to put in but WoW is just too easy. It is laughably easy! Yes, it is my personal preference but the way the game looks is just lame. I really don't like that style at all.
    That is my proof that WoW is a "kiddie" MMO, it's easy! Far too easy for me and most of the people I know and play with. At the end of the day most of what is said here is personal opinion. I'd say the same thing about GW, it's like the "Happy Meal" of MMOs. You open the box and you can do just about everything.
    This just isn't for me. I would still play EQ1 but unfortunately I cant get past the graphics anymore. I agree to some extent about your comments vis a vis EQ2 needing a fairly good PC, but thats the price you pay for cutting edge visuals. Ultimately, you pay to play and EQ 2 was designed to look good for a few years!
    S

Well this has nothing to do with the original post and all you can manage to do is attack me personally and the only reason you have at this point is your personal distaste for WoW and HAVING to be right. I'll just have to agree to dissagree with you that just because YOU say so is enough reason for WoW to suck.

These forums are a celebration of everyone's oppinions brought into one melting pan for others to enjoy, question and comment upon. I'm still completely amazed by people that are so closed minded and can have such a hard time to come up with anything credible that they have to critisize other people personally.

rcdgear I appologize for my own part in steering your thread way off course.