Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Apologizes for not balacing patch before release, says fix will be within a week.

YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
edited June 2018 in Bless
In what players from reddit, steam and various forum outlets are calling one of the biggest modern screw-ups on par with the monumentally hated SWG's NGE and the arguably controversial Black Desert Online's Awakening, Bless's developer and publisher Neowiz has announced that they have heard player's feedback and will rectify the issues seen... In less than week:

"We understand the community’s complaints after the v.1.0.0.4 game balance adjustment. First of all, we’d like to apologize for not providing you proper game balance with the patch. We are gathering your feedback and play data in order to achieve optimal game balance."

They go on to say,

"Future Balance directions...
  1. Decreasing ability (HP or defense) of monsters from the field and low-level dungeons. Adjustments will be determined by leveling area and monster level.
  2. Increasing Chain Bonus values. The more skills you connect, the higher the damage you will do. This will make up for the decreased DPS.

We are currently working on #1 and #2 over the weekend and we are expecting to update the game with a patch by early next week. We have a lot of things to do, but game balance follow-up and server stabilization are our top priorities."

For those of you that aren't paying attention to Bless, they recently released a patch on the first of June, met with harsh criticism.  The patch, as the majority of people on Steam said in response to such, made the game unplayable for many.  That is, Neowiz implemented a patch that cut the damage of every class by 60% and seemed to have forgotten to test to see if encounters with enrage timers -- and even specific quests according to the same users on both steam and reddit -- were insurmountable.  This brought progression to a grinding halt for many who didn't rush to max level in the days before the patch, and left many low levels high and dry with little to do.  In defense of this, many report that a portion of the PvP in the game was made better with such a change, although they do admit that it has temporarily ruined the game for those who enjoy PvE and who aren't able to partake in PvP due to level or lack of want.

This goes hand in hand with the massive issues the game had with performance and servers upkeep -- although such things are expected with a new MMO release in the west.  Neowiz has also been issuing refunds to those who ask for them, in what could be said as an act of good faith and customer service.  How long these refunds will last, or if they've already stopped, is anyone's guess. 

Though hopefully lessons learned will make for a better game in the long run.

Full Future Patch Notes information:

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
Post edited by Yaevindusk on

Comments

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    This is nowhere even close to the NGE, and a couple of notches below BDO awakenings. Anyone who says that hasn't played an mmo from launch before. Blizzard in particular is notorious for overnerfing. It's a temporary setback, nerfing is a pendulum that slowly settles to the middle.
    LeFantome

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Tsiya said:
    This is nowhere even close to the NGE, and a couple of notches below BDO awakenings. Anyone who says that hasn't played an mmo from launch before. Blizzard in particular is notorious for overnerfing. It's a temporary setback, nerfing is a pendulum that slowly settles to the middle.
    You must be joking my man. Even when Blizzard over nerfs a class, you can still do content including raids. You just won't be anywhere near the top of the dps charts. You'll still be doing more than tanks/healers though.

And it's just that, Blizzard does things on a class by class basis. They have never just blasted every single class at once like this not even at launch. And no, not even BDO awakening patches are anywhere near this bad.

You can say you're happy they acknowledged that they fucked up bad and are communicating how they're going to fix it, but don't fucking lie and say other games are just as bad. Just makes you look like a fool and a fanboy.
    LeFantome

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Tsiya said:

Yeah, I can see that you don't own the game . Because you would know ,they literally broke the game. Oh and did you know, that game has been released a few time already? Yet, they didn't learn anything from their mistakes.