Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiential Time

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
We often talk about the time investment various games "require," be it a lot or a little. But what games had low experiential time? I know when I logged into Everquest, time melted away. I would log in at 7.30 p.m., look up and it would be 2 a.m. I think a part of that was I did not have a definite to do list of objectives for each night's play. I just took up whatever adventure presented. 

With many other games I was very aware of the passage of time. Guild Wars 2, for example. A decent game, for sure, but it had so many little micro tasks and so many micro rewards that I couldn't help but notice time passing. 

I am hoping Pantheon will be the type of game where I log on and totally forget how long my play session is. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Gyva02

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I've been pondering my mmorpg time management.  A game like Pantheon you will need larger blocks of time to play and it's been years since large blocks of time matters.  So I have to ask myself: 
    -Do I have the time ? 
    -Do I want too ?  

I have a large attention span.  I'm capable of sticking with what ever I'm doing for long periods, but my "video game attention" span has become shorter. 

Open minded, I think it's the GAMES not ME !  
    I've been playing off-line games and only 20 minuet at a time clips for quite some time now.  Reason for this ?.... Their designed that way, even mmorpg's  

Can I jump back into large blocks of time?..... I think YES, absolutely 

I want to be immersed and loose track of time again.  

Several months ago I messed around with P1999 (EQ1).  I was prepared to be immersed for hours, unfortunately the new wife had other plans for me, and "larger" the game itself showed it's age.  I'm not ashamed to say it......P1999 would turn off anyone NEW because it's just old !!!!!  

Remember Old and Old School are entirely two different things. 
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I now CHOOSE to not get immersed like I used to. I just have other things I would rather be doing or things people depend on me to do or spend that time with them.