Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, Fallout 76 is Online*. What Could it Be? - MMORPG.com

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Let's hope they will use this Fallout Fortnite Battle Royale Loot Box Bonanza game to develop networking tech for the next main Fallout. Single player ofc, but then with addition of co-op with proper network tech.
    [Deleted User]
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Albatroes said:
    Bethesda, if you're going mmorpg all I want is a global auction house please....

not on eso, though in fallout I could see one.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• GameolioDanGameolioDan Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Guessing it's going to be like TESO or it's going the way of Conan Exiles. Would like to be surprised though... just not battle-royale surprised! But hey... cash money right?
    [Deleted User]
    G'day! Aussie guy that records videos of his gameplay. I stream gameplay too.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/gameoliodan
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/gameoliodan
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:
    Survival oh crap great.
    I know right. My kneejerk response too. I hope it's good. I'd love to revisit New Vegas in FOO (Fallout Online). FOO could set a new bar. :tongue:
    If it's a quest heavy survival game it could be interesting. If it's just your run of the mill survival sandbox, meh. It's about time someone themeparks the crap out of the survival genre.
    [Deleted User]Kyleranwandericainfomatz
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I have a feeling its a survival game. The video talks about vault 76 rebuilding civilization, definitely fits a survival game IMO
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I think its safe to say this game will appeal to most of the people that make most modern games popular. Bethesda knows what console players and kids love, and have been stripping their games of all rpg elements to give it to them.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm really digging Conan. I'd love to have another survival rpg especially one like Fallout.  I love virtual worlds and I can see this genre evolving back into Massively Multiplayer. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2018
    taken from 4chan so take with a grain of salt 

"It's open world, improvised weapons and base building centered

Will feature a scavenger from surface as main character, hence why vault seems empty other than main character in trailer.

Co-op, but not MMO or Rust-like.

Bethesda are in panic mode oat these rumors and want to release further info to cut them off.
    Expect a leak from a more reputable source soon.

It's based along the interstate in northern virginia.
    It's still a RPG.
    Upgraded FO4 Creation Engine.
    Will come with phone app.

IT IS NOT A RUST LIKE. Internal beth. comms seem to be worried this will lead the hype in the wrong direction.

Voiced protag is back.
    6 factions. 3 of which are "notables" that we have seen in previous games.
    Harold will make appearance (retcon), as will young first Maxson.
    Numerous retcons

Laying groundwork for Fallout 5 which is in the works.

THIS IS WHAT THE BUILD SYSTEM IN FO4 WAS A TEST FOR.

No external mods outside of CC. They're going to try and cut that off at the pass and sell it as a security thing citing stolen content and adult mods.

Believe it or don't, mark my words. Will be deleting account shortly."
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    I think survival is most likely with a slight nod to loot shooter. Fallout 4 introduced building, and I personally spent most of my time modding and enjoying non-story parts of the game on this feature. Given the success of Conan Exiles, Ark, and the general bandwagon nature of survival games these days, Bethesda most likely wants to jump on board.

My money is on a tweaked FO4 engine with new art assets and a vastly expanded crafting / building system. With the game set as early as it is, lore won't be affected for any other Fallout games. A survival game would slot perfectly into the "emerge from the vaults en masse" narrative.

I'm hopelessly addicted to Conan Exiles right now, so maybe my mood is a little biased. Regardless, give me anything but a battle royale game, and I'll play it. I've disliked those since the Quake days.

• Chills05Chills05 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I thought the majority of people that actually enjoyed Fall Out 4 enjoyed it despite the base building, not because of it. It wouldn't be a good decision to build a complete game around a mostly ignored "feature" in a previous game
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Chills05 said:
    I thought the majority of people that actually enjoyed Fall Out 4 enjoyed it despite the base building, not because of it. It wouldn't be a good decision to build a complete game around a mostly ignored "feature" in a previous game
    Ignored?
    Are you kidding right?

The high re-playability of Skyrim and Fallout 4 is down to house/base building.
    Skyrim didn't have it, but after Modders flooded the Workshop with building Mods, Bethesda decided to incorporate the base building to Fallout 4.

I played Skyrim already 20 times and Fallout 4 10 times, if they didn't have the base building I would have played them a couple of times like many of the single player games I played.

Also the success of Survival games is partially due to base building.
    I play Ark on Single player, because in PvP and PvE mode there is no place to build, and I enjoy building awesome bases.
    By the way it is confirmed by multiple anonymous sources that Fallout 76 is a Survival game similar to Rust.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    edited June 2018
    So sad

TEKK3N said:
    By the way it is confirmed by multiple anonymous sources that Fallout 76 is a Survival game similar to Rust.

edited June 2018
    kitarad said:
    So sad

TEKK3N said:

httpswwwgamebytecomwp-contentuploads201805Screen-Shot-2018-05-31-at-100305png

This has been posted on 4Chan 6 months before the official announcement.

The same guy posted below a couple of more leaks:
    1) A game called Starfield in development, a Fallout in space, but it's years away (It seems almost confirmed at this point)
    2) He claimed that "Another TES is not in the works because ESO is making too much fucking money"

Not sure if to believe the last claim but he got it right with Fallout 76 and probably with Starfield too.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    TEKK3N said:
    kitarad said:
    So sad

TEKK3N said:

httpswwwgamebytecomwp-contentuploads201805Screen-Shot-2018-05-31-at-100305png

This has been posted on 4Chan 6 months before the official announcement.

The same guy posted below a couple of more leaks:
    1) A game called Starfield in development, but years away.
    2) He claimed that "Another TES is not in the works because ESO is making too much fucking money"

Not sure if to believe those 2 claims but he got it right with Fallout 76

That guy is pretty trustworthy. He also had the name, Fallout 76, in the same posts 6 months ago.

Whether ESO is making too much money or not, there's no question that Bethesda has been told to push the next ES back because they want to keep ESO as the only current ES game.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it when they just can't delay TES 6 any longer. All kinds of possibilities including some tie in between ESO and TES 6. And I don't mean just the usual buy one and get some cosmetic item in the other one kind of thing. We shall see but we're probably talking 2020 or later for that.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    TEKK3N said:

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it when they just can't delay TES 6 any longer. All kinds of possibilities including some tie in between ESO and TES 6. And I don't mean just the usual buy one and get some cosmetic item in the other one kind of thing. We shall see but we're probably talking 2020 or later for that.
    I don't get it though.

TES and ESO are two different games.
    I wanted ESO to be Skyrim online and I shunned it for a long time because of that.
    It took me 2 years to accept that ESO wasn't Skyrim Online.
    Only when you accept that, you can enjoy ESO.

So, I don't understand why TES 6 cannot thrive alongside ESO.
    I re-played Skyrim twice while I was playing ESO.
    I really don't see this conflict between the two titles.
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78

Chills05 said:

I think the biggest problem people are having when thinking over what this is and the scope of it, are not realising just how little time this has had for production. A crtitical thinker can see this is only a side project and not a full blown game.
    Fallout 5, if thats what they are working on, wont be ready for at least 2 more years and it would of been named as such. Im starting to believe the bits popping up now that its just the FO4 engine, base builder/fallout shelter-esk side game, but unlike shelter, they will be charging for this one and loot boxes as well.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Skyrim was 2011 and FO4 was 2015. No interest in another Fallout game :(
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    I am hoping it's a co-op/shared world rpg. I know multiplayer was something they wanted to do with Fallout 4 but scrapped it, they've talked about doing that,  and it's been a highly requested feature, and something mods have tried to do in the past. 

I'm assuming the rumour's of having survival elements to the game are true, simply because it's part of every report about the game so far. If that's the case, I hope that's only one facet of the game, I really want the story, and the sense that I playing an actual fallout game. I love Conan Exiles, but I feel like a Fallout game needs to be even more than just a survival game.
    Utinni said:
    Skyrim was 2011 and FO4 was 2015. No interest in another Fallout game :(
    I agree.

Having said that, Fallout 76 will sell like hot cakes.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Gonna be a Fallout shooter ala Battlefield :D
    Maurgrim said:
    Gonna be a Fallout shooter ala Battlefield :D

Bethesda is developing a Sci-fi game called Starfield.
    We don't know much, but we know it's in the works.

Fallout 76 is a Survival game, from all the leaks on the net I am 95% sure.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:
    Survival oh crap great.
    I know right. My kneejerk response too. I hope it's good. I'd love to revisit New Vegas in FOO (Fallout Online). FOO could set a new bar. :tongue:
    So, we're going with the FOO bar.  It's going to be that kind of day.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    TEKK3N said:
    Iselin said:
    TEKK3N said:

I don't get it though.

TES and ESO are two different games.
    I wanted ESO to be Skyrim online and I shunned it for a long time because of that.
    It took me 2 years to accept that ESO wasn't Skyrim Online.
    Only when you accept that, you can enjoy ESO.

So, I don't understand why TES 6 cannot thrive alongside ESO.
    I re-played Skyrim twice while I was playing ESO.
    I really don't see this conflict between the two titles.
    They cancelled UO2 after spending tons of money and putting tons of work into it because they thought it would hurt UO  - and that was back when adults were the key demographic for mmos and you could get sensible, consistent, sound information from them.  You have to realize that you have generally sane, generally competent adults trying to guess at the reaction of children who now prefer watching people play games in videos than actually play games themselves.  A market that judges how good something is by the amount of people watching other people play it.  Not watching an exciting competition between the best players - just watching some dickhead playing the game.  Adults will never be able to make competent, adult decisions when they are getting their information from kids wearing the same style of pants Peter Pan wore.  All they can do is look at what the children are making popular and try and emulate it and hope they aren't flushing hundreds of millions down the toilet.  
    Mowzerwanderica
  • BenjiGarrettBenjiGarrett Member CommonPosts: 39
    I hope it's not battle royale. Something like teso in post apocaliptic setting would be nice.
    Kyleran