Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Remastered Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Coming to PC & Consoles

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRumor Mill: Remastered Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Coming to PC & Consoles - MMORPG.com News

The Korean Game Rating Board has apparently leaked its rating for Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition for PC, PlayStation 4 and XBox One. This comes ahead of any announcement by publisher 2K Games, so it remains firmly in the "rumor mill" camp.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Is the year 2009?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Is the year 2009?
    Remastered version of the 2009 game? I mean...it's kind of the trend these days.
    Scot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Is the year 2009?

Remastered version of the 2009 game? I mean...it's kind of the trend these days.

Exactly, I guess he's never heard of Skyrim and its like 6 remasters or whatever since 2011
    SBFord
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Albatroes said:

SBFord said:

Is the year 2009?

Exactly, I guess he's never heard of Skyrim and its like 6 remasters or whatever since 2011
    It was the “Game of the Year” part.  Thus I referenced 2009.  Sorry if that was too subtle. I shall strive to do better going forward.
    Scot

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Man i tried so many times to get into this game. It just bored the crap out of me.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I love Borderlands and I want more Borderlands.  I'll even take remastered Borderlands.

I'm still absolutely mystified why Gearbox decided to create a whole lineup of characters when they made that steaming pile of crap called Battleborn.  If they had instead made a hero shooter using all of the characters and side character from Borderlands, it would be steady competing with Overwatch right now for the top spot in Hero Shooters.

If I was in that planning meeting I would have held my hand up "Uhhh, excuse me, why are we making a brand new game with all new characters when we can lift characters from our most popular franchise that people already know, love and identify with?"
    bartoni33xxBoneZxx
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Meh, I hope this isn't the only Borderlands news we'll be getting this year. Remaster just isn't needed, the original is still totally playable and the artstyle doesn't really age.
    bartoni33choc
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Just why? Why on earth release a remaster?
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Borderlands one i played and sold back after one day cause i played solo and it felt slow and the stuff did not want to die, i did not play online yet and when i got Borderlands 2 and i played online it was so much fun;)
    Hariken
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Free ? if not i aint pay like DS

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    hdnine said:
    Just why? Why on earth release a remaster?
    Because Big studio devs are fresh out of idea's, Look at all the big name games that have come out or are coming out. They are either tired rehash's or so off the wall and absurd looking most fans  don't want to play it. 
    Scot
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Hope it will work with the third person mod.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,742
    Albatroes said:

SBFord said:

Is the year 2009?

It was the “Game of the Year” part.  Thus I referenced 2009.  Sorry if that was too subtle. I shall strive to do better going forward.
    It will be going for 'Remastered Game of the Year' though, that's a new category they have to introduce for 2018 as there are so many remastered games now. :)
    Slapshot1188
  • BenjiGarrettBenjiGarrett Member CommonPosts: 39
    The game still looks ok to me, I don't see the point in remaster.