Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Review in Progress - First Steps & Early Days - MMORPG.com

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Orinori said:
    BillMurphy said:

we're paying attention to the sh*tstorm 
    You meant temper tantrums right?
    Yeah it's just a bunch of spoiled brats crying over spilled milk.  :D
    BillMurphyOrinori
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171
    Who didn't see this feature coming though? 

MMORPG is predictable. All I need is some editors or associate editor to WTF my post to complete the cycle.

• No talk of DX9, Flash, performance issues.
    • No talk of ecosystem breaking exploits (I mean even Neowiz acknowledged them).
    • No talk of ridiculous localization errors and gaffes.

I'm just a negative nancy, and the person who wrote this is just a person innocently hobbying around. They haven't been on reddit, seen Emissary streams, looked at any of the forum posts on MMORPG.com.

Oh I see, so in order to get an impression of the game you have to not play the game and watch other people play and get on forums and talk about playing?  

Seriously though, and I mean really, the duping issue, really? You think that has any effect on the leveling gameplay for a first impressions piece?  The article does address some performance issues and dx9 being used, but you're misguided in thinking every experience is what you perceive it should be rather than what it actually is.  

You were critical of the game before it even released, you're critical of it now, and it seems you've spent more time on the forums and watching streams of playing than actually playing the game you say you have purchased. 

Then you get mad because people writing reviews of their time in game are actually in game and not on Reddit, forums or watching others play?  I think you have it backwards friend. 
    OrinoriIceDark[Deleted User]Tuor7Leiloniinfomatz

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:
    The combat currently is totally messed up

Berserker has to most functional combat but pitiful damage, guardian has a super op CC + burst combo, mage 3 button spam + op absorb shield, ranger is busted, paladin is awful

So the combo system made combat worse not better.

Now what players dont know about is the end game gear progession system - as usual in Korean MMOs its heavy HEAVY RNG based system that will make you question your sanity.

You will need a master blacksmith - easiest part, it takes about 3 weeks of heavy farming, about 150 hours for most players

You will need to grind dungeon runs for mats:
    2x a day limit it will take at least 8 days to make 1 piece of gear that will have 1 in 15 chance of being good

Didnt get the right one - 15+ dungeons runs for you - another 8 days, rinse and repeat until you get that eagle/bear rune slot.

Hey it might take 120 days if you are really unlucky - but it gets worse.

So you finally get the gear that has a bear or eagle rune slot - but its not legendary - start over. Legendary has about 1% chance of happening - already you see the insane RNG

Not even going to calculate how long this takes - and yes it gets worse

But it doesnt stop there - So Lets say that you luck out and get a 1% legendary gear with the right rune slots - now you enhance it to +15 - and have a 1 in 15 chance of getting another bear or eagle rune slot - didint get it?

Start over from scratch, and call your therapist 

That is just for a single piece of end game gear - repeat the above for all gear slots.

Again why do Korean devs think that this RNG bullshit with 1000s of hours of stupid grind is a good end game system.....

After seeing you explain all of that, I was looking to uninstall the game but forgot I didn't buy it.
    maskedweaselCryomatrix[Deleted User]Caffynated
    edited May 2018

MMORPG is predictable. All I need is some editors or associate editor to WTF my post to complete the cycle.

• No talk of ecosystem breaking exploits (I mean even Neowiz acknowledged them).

I'm just a negative nancy, and the person who wrote this is just a person innocently hobbying around. They haven't been on reddit, seen Emissary streams, looked at any of the forum posts on MMORPG.com.

Oh I see, so in order to get an impression of the game you have to not play the game and watch other people play and get on forums and talk about playing?  

Seriously though, and I mean really, the duping issue, really? You think that has any effect on the leveling gameplay for a first impressions piece?  The article does address some performance issues and dx9 being used, but you're misguided in thinking every experience is what you perceive it should be rather than what it actually is.  

You were critical of the game before it even released, you're critical of it now, and it seems you've spent more time on the forums and watching streams of playing than actually playing the game you say you have purchased. 

Then you get mad because people writing reviews of their time in game are actually in game and not on Reddit, forums or watching others play?  I think you have it backwards friend. 
    Well I don't know if you're playing or not, but I AM. I have a character on Murabi and Tanara

I also started this thread which I think YOU'VE participated in (hmm).  So the idea that i'm some outside person who hasn't played is funny:
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7336339/#Comment_7336339

When you level and progress during the story mode you eventually have to pass through conflicted areas. When you run into people who have +10 gear already. It DOES have an effect on leveling game play. It's an OWPVP game.

I don't cheer lead or pick up sword and shields for video games. I'm a fan of good games not A game. I don't have a spouse, friend or family member who is on the dev team.

My reaction to Bless Online has been genuine.

Interest > Suspicion > Confirmation > Disappointment.

But by all means, defend, make excuses, round edges, attempt to discredit. Whatever floats your skirt and poms.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    After playing to level 40, I don't think the game is as bad as people make it out to be (or really as good as some make it out to be). Its fine for an "early access" title, despite its history. They're really trying to redo a lot of the game, however, their success in the long term will rely on their ability to produce quality changes in the very near future.

So far, nothing I've seen has been what I'd consider "quality"; translations are bad, performance was not improved, combos/combat remain unfinished, and the endgame was removed to allow for chance to balance things. Some of these things I can understand, however, some I do not. However, Neowiz has been very upfront about the state of the game and has even compensated people generously for sticking around. I am really looking forward to the changes they bring to the game.

For $30 you could do worse or better. However, given the cash shop's forgettable nature and the unnecessary premium benefits, I see it as a truly proper B2P title with no further investment necessary. Over the next few months if they really put effort into adding quality changes, I can easily see the $30 being very, very worth it.
    OrinoriTuor7IceDark[Deleted User]infomatz

Well I don't know if you're playing or not, but I AM. I have a character on Murabi and Tanara

I also started this thread which I think YOU'VE participated in (hmm).  So the idea that i'm some outside person who hasn't played is funny:

When you level and progress during the story mode you eventually have to pass through conflicted areas. When you run into people who have +10 gear already. It DOES have an effect on leveling game play. It's an OWPVP game.

I don't wave cheerlead or pick up sword and shields for video games. I don't have a spouse, friend or family member who is on the dev team.

But by all means, defend, make excuses, round edges, attempt to discredit. Whatever makes floats your skirt and poms.

Where is the excuse or the defense? You say you're playing, but you don't seem to be at all as I've been playing in a few guilds and most of the people I've been playing with, didn't mention any issues with duping.  That's not an excuse of anything, that's the truth.  The duping thing exists, or did exist. that too is the truth,  but unless you're doing it first hand or going against people that did, which is a non issue for first impression gameplay, it doesn't matter now does it?  3 Days in, and the duping issue has already been found and a plan enacted to handle it, with penalties for those that did it.   

That's not an excuse, that's not a defense, that's a fact, that's something that is happening. But it won't effect me in the slightest and hasn't thus far, and won't in the future, so why should it be something everyone needs to rummage the internet forums for? 

I'm on murabi and tanara as well as deblahyim too. I've been in the areas where you run into the opposite faction, I've done PvP, and let me tell you, still not seeing the big deal of people with +10 gear already. 

In fact, I've fought and killed several people, some were even higher level than I was, and I'm a MAGE.  Really flimsy, I've also been killed in 4 hits before, in as much as I've killed a player in 2 combos.  In all honesty it's quite simple just to change channels if you have a group trying to camp an area you need to be in, like the entrance to a dungeon - for example. 

What you are saying in most cases, exists. 

How you're portraying it - as the end of the entire gaming experience - is nonsense. 

Be truthful.  There are actual problems with the game.  Fundamental ones, deep within the way the game actually plays, not this ridiculous duping, bad quest phrasing, non-issue way that you try and present as "real issues" to paint the game in a worse light than it is.

People want to post videos that sensationalize the temporary problems, barely touching on any main fundamental problems and conveniently forgetting that the game is in early access and development.  If you want to sensationalize for attention, you're doing a good job,  but if you want to be truthful about what real players will encounter on a first impression, well, the articles on MMORPG are doing way better than you.  

OrinoriEponyxDamorTuor7

• zyzololzyzolol Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited May 2018
    -
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    This isn't a "review", but rather a first impressions. Review is next week, folks. After he's had enough time to get to the end-game (or lack there of).
    Sorry Bill, but that cracked me up when you implied he gets to end game by next week.  That is exactly why I avoid these eastern MMO's you burn through them in no time.  Having the duping exploit still in the game when it was known about two years ago tells me all I need to know about the developers.

I wish those that like this sort of game lots of fun, but I would not expect that to last that long.
    timtrack
  • zyzololzyzolol Member UncommonPosts: 7
    [h1][b][list][*]Poor performance (DX9, looks and performs horribly!).
    [*]General clunky performance and combat in all aspects.
    [*]Horrible translations (google translated, everything from quests to talent tree).
    [*]Bad customization in UI and keybindings.
    [*]Old bugs and exploits comes unfixed from olders versions.
    [*]No real endgame content. (a few endgame dungeons with copy-paste mechanics).
    [*]No real PvP (no BG, No Arenas, No matchmaking, No rewards).
    [*]6+ years game old and early access (all the time in the world, and stil 0 f* given)
    [*]Failed for obvious reasons, already in two markets.
    [*]Cashshop (so when the hype train moves to another game, they can implent Pay2Win whenever their investors feel like).[/list][/b][h1]

[h1][b]No matter how much they try optmize this game, it simply won't run good since it's DirectX9 based, and because it's also ONLY Directx9, the graphics will stil look like it is from 2002.[/b][/h1]

[h1][b]I advice you to wait or try it once it goes FreeToPlay, but [u]I DO NOT[/u] recommend spending real money at this point.[/b][/h1]

I don't wave cheerlead or pick up sword and shields for video games. I don't have a spouse, friend or family member who is on the dev team.

But by all means, defend, make excuses, round edges, attempt to discredit. Whatever makes floats your skirt and poms.

Where is the excuse or the defense? You say you're playing, but you don't seem to be at all as I've been playing in a few guilds and most of the people I've been playing with, didn't mention any issues with duping.  That's not an excuse of anything, that's the truth.  The duping thing exists, or did exist. that too is the truth,  but unless you're doing it first hand or going against people that did, which is a non issue for first impression gameplay, it doesn't matter now does it?  3 Days in, and the duping issue has already been found and a plan enacted to handle it, with penalties for those that did it.   

That's not an excuse, that's not a defense, that's a fact, that's something that is happening. But it won't effect me in the slightest and hasn't thus far, and won't in the future, so why should it be something everyone needs to rummage the internet forums for? 

I'm on murabi and tanara as well as deblahyim too. I've been in the areas where you run into the opposite faction, I've done PvP, and let me tell you, still not seeing the big deal of people with +10 gear already. 

In fact, I've fought and killed several people, some were even higher level than I was, and I'm a MAGE.  Really flimsy, I've also been killed in 4 hits before, in as much as I've killed a player in 2 combos.  In all honesty it's quite simple just to change channels if you have a group trying to camp an area you need to be in, like the entrance to a dungeon - for example. 

What you are saying in most cases, exists. 

How you're portraying it - as the end of the entire gaming experience - is nonsense. 

Be truthful.  There are actual problems with the game.  Fundamental ones, deep within the way the game actually plays, not this ridiculous duping, bad quest phrasing, non-issue way that you try and present as "real issues" to paint the game in a worse light than it is.

People want to post videos that sensationalize the temporary problems, barely touching on any main fundamental problems and conveniently forgetting that the game is in early access and development.  If you want to sensationalize for attention, you're doing a good job,  but if you want to be truthful about what real players will encounter on a first impression, well, the articles on MMORPG are doing way better than you.  

Which is it? Am I a liar who hasn't played, is the thread YOU participated in a big lie? Is Neowiz lying too?

Oh now I've gone from being a liar who didn't play to an exaggerator who is not playing or playing the game wrong. Got it. We're done here. FOH.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which is it? Am I a liar who hasn't played, is the thread YOU participated in a big lie? Is Neowiz lying too?

Oh now I've gone from being a liar who didn't play to an exaggerator who is not playing or playing the game wrong. Got it. We're done here. FOH.

I didn't say you were lying, I was saying what you *say* you experience is different than what I do. 

I asked that you be truthful in your experience. You derided a first impressions post over issues that
    1) were mentioned but not to the severity you wanted   or
    2) have no place as a first impression, because most players who are actually playing, haven't been affected by it, nor will they going forward (the duping)

So which is it, am I, and the people I've been playing with playing the game wrong because we're in game and not on reddit, or watching others, or crying over a duping problem that we/they haven't experienced? 

Or are we playing wrong because performance isn't the unplayable mess some people have complained about? 

Or maybe is it that these issues are just not as dire as you make them sound? 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    DMKano said:
    Ozmodan said:
    This isn't a "review", but rather a first impressions. Review is next week, folks. After he's had enough time to get to the end-game (or lack there of).
    Sorry Bill, but that cracked me up when you implied he gets to end game by next week.  That is exactly why I avoid these eastern MMO's you burn through them in no time.  Having the duping exploit still in the game when it was known about two years ago tells me all I need to know about the developers.

I wish those that like this sort of game lots of fun, but I would not expect that to last that long.
    Getting to level 45 in Bless is super easy - can be done easily in less than 5 hours.

I did it in about 7.5 hours as I was helping guildies through the process.

The end game is not getting to max level (45 currently) but to get BiS gear - THAT is the real end game, but the RNG is so high that this could take years if not decades of grind.

The PvE content is really thin in Bless, that's why it's a PvP game as that's the real end game. Other players are the content.
    Oh I realize the game is another major gear grinder with pvp as the end game.  Isn't that the boilerplate for many of these eastern games?  As others have said, the game is about doing things with others to have fun.  When the RNG god determines your amount of fun, it is time to find another game.
    [Deleted User]
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2018

Wait for the final review before getting all bent out of shape. This is just his "first impressions", based on what he's played. He does not, and should not, go elsewhere to form his opinion on the gameplay. But as you may have seen in plenty of other news posts, we're paying attention to the sh*tstorm surrounding the other issues. In short... stop being a dick just because you disagree with Steven. :D
    If the first impression is cuter than the later on review you got it backwards.

I'm sorry I'm a "dick", but I was literally staking out the MMORPG initial meatball pitch to Bless Online and lo and behold...

You guys could turn Wolverines claws into plastic butter knives.
    @FlyByKnight We've asked you to please tone things down. As Bill said, this is not the final review. It's an impressions piece. 

I'd love to see your own comprehensive review posted in the Bless forums or in the Pub based on your experiences in game -- you have played too from what you said so your opinion matters. Seriously, nothing wrong with a counterpoint and you can even provide the link in this thread. 

In the meantime, please, relax and not cast aspersions at our author, the site or others who disagree with you.

Thanks.
    IceDarkinfomatzSamhael

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Everyone just reviews mage gameplay, the most "broken" class as it is now. Please Bill, if you have any influence, ask him kindly to play a paladin for the review.
    SBFord said:

Wait for the final review before getting all bent out of shape. This is just his "first impressions", based on what he's played. He does not, and should not, go elsewhere to form his opinion on the gameplay. But as you may have seen in plenty of other news posts, we're paying attention to the sh*tstorm surrounding the other issues. In short... stop being a dick just because you disagree with Steven. :D
    If the first impression is cuter than the later on review you got it backwards.

I'm sorry I'm a "dick", but I was literally staking out the MMORPG initial meatball pitch to Bless Online and lo and behold...

You guys could turn Wolverines claws into plastic butter knives.
    @FlyByKnight We've asked you to please tone things down. As Bill said, this is not the final review. It's an impressions piece. 

I'd love to see your own comprehensive review posted in the Bless forums or in the Pub based on your experiences in game -- you have played too from what you said so your opinion matters. Seriously, nothing wrong with a counterpoint and you can even provide the link in this thread. 

In the meantime, please, relax and not cast aspersions at our author, the site or others who disagree with you.

Thanks.
    Now I'm casting aspersions? Ok.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/473918/early-access-launch-updates/p1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't say you were lying, I was saying what you *say* you experience is different than what I do. 

I asked that you be truthful in your experience. You derided a first impressions post over issues that
    1) were mentioned but not to the severity you wanted   or
    2) have no place as a first impression, because most players who are actually playing, haven't been affected by it, nor will they going forward (the duping)

So which is it, am I, and the people I've been playing with playing the game wrong because we're in game and not on reddit, or watching others, or crying over a duping problem that we/they haven't experienced? 

Or are we playing wrong because performance isn't the unplayable mess some people have complained about? 

Or maybe is it that these issues are just not as dire as you make them sound? 
    You're right. I'm being melodramatic and I'm also casting aspersions on the authors of featured articles because of it. It's a total overreaction on my end.

I'm going to take some personal time and better myself and my expectations of PC games, journalism, and marketing & promotion. 

Wish me luck!  o:)

OrinorimaskedweaselSamhael

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    edited May 2018
    It's amusing that the argument is that other MMOs were worse and unstable..... hello that should not be the standard you should be expecting from your games when they're charging you money. You should be demanding and hell expecting better than that. Oh how low have we sunk that we accept such low standards now.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Nilden

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    kitarad said:
    It's amusing that the argument is that other MMOs were worse and unstable..... hello that should not be the standard you should be expecting from your games when they're charging you money. You should be demanding and hell expecting better than that. Oh how low have we sunk that we accept such low standards now.
    Oh really ?

We had this mess with MMO's launch since the beginnings. 

So I don't know about your standards, but mine are pretty high.*

*Not including the Launch Day of MMO's
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,742
    The problems with the EA (in case anyone forgets that's what it is) are covered in the review, the fact the reviewer is not shouting, crying or anything else is what's known as professionalism. You don't need to be a shouty man or screw your face up to convey concerns.
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]IceDarkSplattrSBFord
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    kitarad said:
    I thought the argument was that it is just pretty standard for MMO launch, in fact from what I have been reading, it seems better than most.

What I find amusing are all the hysterical ninnies. 
    IceDarkLeiloni
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Orinori said:
    kitarad said:
    I thought the argument was that it is just pretty standard for MMO launch, in fact from what I have been reading, it seems better than most.

It is not technically a new game though, having launched unsuccessfully in several places before now and they still cannot get their act together. I'd say the standards are indeed pretty damn rock bottom right now for this game.
    Scot

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited May 2018
    This launch made me feel it is 2010 or so again :p Crappy unstable MMORPG releases all around.

Anyway, the one thing I learned from the launch is how people are starved for a new good MMORPG. I also wonder how many refunds Steam had to deal with. This should have a top 10 list on Steam too :)
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I find the whole spectacle fascinating. 

It's always funny and interesting that people see the same game and some think it's going to be amazing and others (like myself) think it is clearly going to be a shitshow. I am almost flabbergasted how anyone could even think the game would be even close to "good" with all the obvious red flags about the game. 

Nonetheless, that's what is so fascinating. It's like how people look at one political candidate and think that candidate is telling the truth, whereas, to others it is completely obvious that the candidate is historically full of shit. So fascinating, how we see the same things but have completely different assessments on it. 

I assume the reason is what we put value in. I, for one, put value in innovation, polish, and graphics. Hence, this game fails masterfully in 2 of the 3 parts. I also know, I place most value on innovation and if a game comes out that is not innovative or different in some way, i'm not going to play it. 

But if another game comes out that is amazingly innovative and only decent on the graphics/polish, then I'll probably give it a try. 

Enjoy your Bless. PoE new season comes out tomorrow, so as of tomorrow, I'll be hopelessly mindfucked into playing PoE despite the fact that I'm busy as hell. 

Cryomatrix
    YashaXceltwulf
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    kitarad said:
    Orinori said:
    kitarad said:

It is not technically a new game though, having launched unsuccessfully in several places before now and they still cannot get their act together. I'd say the standards are indeed pretty damn rock bottom right now for this game.
    But technically there was a lot of code changed and the game was launched on new servers that all need to be put through their paces. The company seems to have addressed and solved most of its issues on day 4, this is much faster than usual, even for a game that is just going through localisation issues. Stating "they still cannot get their act together" seems to be the opposite of reality.

Now these issues are passing people can focus on the actual merits of the game itself instead of getting sidetracked and caught up in the hysterical nonsense hate train. From what I read, most people seem to think the game is....'OK'.
    IceDarkpsychosiz1nycplayboy78Leilonikitarad
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well looks like a game maybe I'll give another look in 6 months to see if it's gotten better. Otherwise I'll stay on the sidelines and read other people's reviews and comments.