Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamivo MMORPG.com Special Deals - SPONSORED - MMORPG.com

Comments

• Marzman31Marzman31 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    This a scam mods need to remove this page asap.
    bartoni33
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Asheram said:
    So Vampyr which releases in 5 days and is normally priced on steam @ $49.99 (pre-order sale @ 10% off putting it at $44.99) can be bought on this site for $34.88 and with the MMORPG50COM code its $20.92? I dont know if I trust this. I bought alot of stuff off of GMG and never seen this big of a discount esp. on games that haven't even released yet.
    Yeah I preordered Vampyr for PC from Amazon for $39.99 with Prime. This Gamivo site does not seem very legit. 
    GMG doesn't even have a sale matching steams 10% pre-order sale.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Getting games for cheap from key sellers is nothing new, even brand new games and preorders. Have a lot of you been living under a rock or something? It's been around for years. Mostly, it's totally legit. Like all things though, there are some shady sellers out there.
    bartoni33
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Maxstone1Maxstone1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    yeah....nope. Once I saw the windows pro keys for $14 US I had flashbacks to the yearly "audits" by MS that invalidated those keys on my goofball "but I can get it cheaper" dad's computer. Finally convinced him to switch to Mint (linux distro) since all he does it putter around on flash games. Can't trust it and won't try to.
  • LachdadanLachdadan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited May 2018
    i also bought several keys from such sites and never had problems (around 30), but mostly games that cost 5$ or less - mmorpg games i still dont trust to buy from there as i dont want to loose my progress edit: actually i bought 2 MMORPGs not on official store and both work fine - but could be just luck
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

What part of that is supposed to prove that they're same?
    The net trace originates from the same beginning IPs which means they are on the same server/server cluster.

1 0 0 0 67.219.148.9 dfw-c1-vl0990.cpgventures.com 
    2 1 1 1 184.105.25.73 v509.core1.dal1.he.net 

Are you perhaps connecting from somewhere near Dallas? I think that's your end of the route.

Nope, their data center is in Dallas, it is a dedicated server, check here http://www.cpgventures.com/

Traces start with the originating host IP and then goes through the routes until it reaches you.

I'm connecting from WI FYI

I still think that's wrong and backwards...

I just did a tracert 67.219.148.9

That was the LAST hop.. #12

It starts with YOU and ends with THEM.

I use this shit everyday as a system administrator. I think you are saying the same thing but thinking about it differently and I might not be explaining it well to begin with. In order to serve the designating IP it needs to hop, the first hop is where it ends (the closet to you) from the very last hop in the list (the ip registered). But you have to look at it upside down so to speak, the route it takes to finally serve from the dedicated host which is hop 1 on a trace. So your statement is correct but your understanding of it is incorrect. Cloud based architecture has made tracing more difficult but not impossible.
    Kynmore
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Jesus I'm surprised some of you folks are even able to turn your computers on without passing out from fright.

FFS it a keysite. Their are many like this one. The VAST majority are very legit. Quit being corporate shills and do you due diligence as a consumer and find cheaper alternatives to paying-physicial-copy-prices-for-a-digital-download bullshit.

Like MMORPG.com is doing for you ungrateful ingrates right now. I for one thank you for this promotion.

JeffSpicoli

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

BTW my ESO Summerset key worked no problem and I doubt it will ever get revoked. I still detest the "customer service" cost when you buy, they know shit is shady and make you pay for it in order to take the fall for the shady dealers that are on the platform. It's much like ebay you have to trust the seller the problem is on platforms like this for every one "legitimate" (and I use that term loosely) there is 10 that is pure fraud. Just know what you are getting into when you use platforms like this and buy only from sellers with perfect ratings.

That said I still think mmorpg.com is doing a dis-service to their community by promoting this because the market views these platforms as scummy as shit.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • hydronehydrone Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Can't believe you have scam sponsors, says a lot.
    JeffSpicoli
  • hydronehydrone Member UncommonPosts: 10

bartoni33 said:

Jesus I'm surprised some of you folks are even able to turn your computers on without passing out from fright.

FFS it a keysite. Their are many like this one. The VAST majority are very legit. Quit being corporate shills and do you due diligence as a consumer and find cheaper alternatives to paying-physicial-copy-prices-for-a-digital-download bullshit.

Like MMORPG.com is doing for you ungrateful ingrates right now. I for one thank you for this promotion.

The vast majority are legit? I think you need to do your own due diligence as that is far from true. It is these types of companies that promote fraud that hurt legit consumers. How about stop spreading false information
  • KynmoreKynmore Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited May 2018
    Hashbrick said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

The net trace originates from the same beginning IPs which means they are on the same server/server cluster.

Are you perhaps connecting from somewhere near Dallas? I think that's your end of the route.

Nope, their data center is in Dallas, it is a dedicated server, check here http://www.cpgventures.com/

Traces start with the originating host IP and then goes through the routes until it reaches you.

I use this shit everyday as a system administrator. I think you are saying the same thing but thinking about it differently and I might not be explaining it well to begin with. In order to serve the designating IP it needs to hop, the first hop is where it ends (the closet to you) from the very last hop in the list (the ip registered). But you have to look at it upside down so to speak, the route it takes to finally serve from the dedicated host which is hop 1 on a trace. So your statement is correct but your understanding of it is incorrect. Cloud based architecture has made tracing more difficult but not impossible.
    "the first hop is where it ends (the closet to you) from the very last hop in the list (the ip registered)."

According to this, you are tracing from cpgventures.com.

The first hop on a traceroute is the source, which is you. This is reporting your route to the destination (outbound route). You don't know the route the destination is taking to you (inbound route); it's most likely not the same.

Try to check your public IP using something like http://ifconfig.me/ or even google's "what is my IP" search. You're probably going to see 67.219.148.9 or something similar, since, you know, that's the first hop on both of your traces.

You should read up on how traceroute works, and how to read it if you want to keep telling people you're a sysadmin.

Let me help, this is what I provide my customers:
    https://shapeshed.com/unix-traceroute/

Also, G2A ends at a CloudFlare IP, while Gamvio.com ends at a Confluence Networks IP. Not the same thing.

We can look at the MX records for the domains as well, and see vastly different mail servers; Gamivo uses google, while G2A has uses ProofPoint. Again, why use higher-end services for one, when you can cover the other domain as well?

One last thing to compare would be the sites T&C's; they would most likely copy pasta the hell out of this, instead of paying a lawyer to create a whole new set. But they're also different. Check out section 12 of each, and see where their legal complaints are directed. One is Hong Kong, the other is Moldova.

There is no evidence that these are the same companies, just the same model being used by a new competitor.
    mklinicSlapshot1188

Brrrflp!

Kynmore said:

Hashbrick said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

"the first hop is where it ends (the closet to you) from the very last hop in the list (the ip registered)."

The first hop on a traceroute is the source, which is you. This is reporting your route to the destination (outbound route). You don't know the route the destination is taking to you (inbound route); it's most likely not the same.

Try to check your public IP using something like http://ifconfig.me/ or even google's "what is my IP" search. You're probably going to see 67.219.148.9 or something similar, since, you know, that's the first hop on both of your traces.

You should read up on how traceroute works, and how to read it if you want to keep telling people you're a sysadmin.

Also, G2A ends at a CloudFlare IP, while Gamvio.com ends at a Confluence Networks IP. Not the same thing.

We can look at the MX records for the domains as well, and see vastly different mail servers; Gamivo uses google, while G2A has uses ProofPoint. Again, why use higher-end services for one, when you can cover the other domain as well?

One last thing to compare would be the sites T&C's; they would most likely copy pasta the hell out of this, instead of paying a lawyer to create a whole new set. But they're also different. Check out section 12 of each, and see where their legal complaints are directed. One is Hong Kong, the other is Moldova.

There is no evidence that these are the same companies, just the same model being used by a new competitor.

Not even remotely close to 67.219.148.9, try again. I can't dumb it down any much more than I already did, ignorance is bliss.
    Kynmore
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    My spider sense isn't tingling so I picked up a $20 game from them and will let people know if I run into any problems.  A new company usually start with very good deals to draw positive attention to themselves.  GoG first started out like that.  Time will tell.
    Dakeru

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    Kynmore said:

No. I think the first hop of traceroute is the first hop after you. It's not the source (you), but the first hop immediately after you.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    Hashbrick said:

Kynmore said:

Hashbrick said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

Hashbrick said:

Vrika said:

Not even remotely close to 67.219.148.9, try again. I can't dumb it down any much more than I already did, ignorance is bliss.
    I think I could try again.

I claim that if you trace www.google.com, www.microsoft.com and www.vatican.va, you will find proof that Google, Microsoft and Catholic Church are same.
    mklinicSlapshot1188Kynmore

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    I for one, welcome our new Key Selling Overlords!... ^^ As Bush the Lessor said, one has to put food on ones family... But I think I'll pass on this offer.
    BruceYee
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    No thanks cdkeys still cheaper
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Neither code works for GW2 PoF
    JeffSpicoli
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Dinasty said:

Nor TW War2
    JeffSpicoli
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76
    This sounds like it could be a bit dodgy , I hope mmorpg.com have checked the background of these sponsors because it will look very bad for you if this turns out to be a scam site .
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Dinasty said:
    If this is true MMORPG should remove this article
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Zenislav said:

Dinasty said:

You bought games from that site and keys don't work? lol

Only site I use is G2Play. Used it for years and not only that delivery is instant but every single key worked.

I never liked G2A for some reason and this looks like copy of it. Another clone.

No No. I took it as the COUPON codes do not work. It says 1500 NEW accounts can use these coupon codes. Now it is supposedly for MMORPG.com so I'd be surprised it blew through 1500 that quick. One use per account.
    The COUPON codes did not apply to me trying to buy TWW2.
  • NoxiasNoxias Member UncommonPosts: 23
    first a Albion ad now this.......whats going on....
  • SpiraldeathSpiraldeath Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Well just went to the site tried to use the 50% and 10% discount code get told it is invalid or expired, means I have zero need to use this site as it's no better then the one I already use. Thanks for nothing MMORPG.
    Kynmore
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I'm very surprised MMORPG agreed to this. The whole site looks shady. How the hell are they managing to sell summerset for so cheap? I don't trust it.