Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Executive Producer Issues an Apology & an Update on Bless's Rocky Start - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,872

BruceYeepsychosiz1
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 706
    edited May 2018
    Even after the apology, we know that someone hired those devs which were unable to do even the small .ini fixes that the community found. Any internal testing would have shown the crap state of optimization.
    Also, the same someone hired the people who translated the skills. How the heck did this get past internal testing, at least? Was it any internal testing? No English speaker in the team? Being rejected by Aeria due to QA standards doesn't say anything to you, as manager?

The same people also made the plans for the severs, and now people cannot play with their friends. No English community manager, no communication until they're forced to.

Those people are still leading the team now. Why would anyone expect that those people who took the decisions above will suddenly change their approach and hire professionals? Do they even have the money to do so? Rumor is they don't. Stamping it with the "Early Access" badge in order to release it in its actual state is no excuse, when you're charging 30+ euros for the product.

My fear is that, if we start accepting this, everyone will just release in EA... judging by the white knights standards, the game could be anything, as long as it's in EA.
    Kyleran
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:
    One thing I'll say, if you are messing up your combos, the combat feels clunky as hell. If you are doing it right, it actually is pretty decent. So basically, if you don't like it that just means you suck. :)

Have you played JP version?

Mage for example feels 100x better there because you important skills aren't locked 3 deep in a pointless combo and can be used as you wish.

It's not about messing up combos, it's about the absurd way they selected skills like knockback before you can use an AoE? Like what the hell....

Whoever designed the combo system for Steam has zero understanding about class skills, classes or hell even combo systems. 

It's clear that NeoWiz has lost all the original game devs who built the skill system  - as the combo system is a farce.
    Hey you know that party buff you want? Guess what, it's buried under 2 previous attacks. First one missed because of RNG start over. Oops, 2nd one missed because of RNG start over. OK now switch to other worthless stance so you can get attack buff. Oh sh!# only 1 combo tree is unlocked... aaaaand, other stance is on cool down. Please hold.

Combo System is a good IDEA but the execution is sorta bogus.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

So let me get this straight , shitty gameplay/combat/nostory/no endgame shitty fps on most high end machines b2p cash shop inventory lock dungeon finder behind pay mechanic what? whoever is buying this game just a reminder that you are the reason we don't get any quality mmo's anymore.

Wow! With last paragraph , you just quoted me when I am angry with the MMO industry this days.

But no, you didn't .. get this straight! Game play is not shitty, I LOVE the combat, and .. no story ? I really find the story to be very decent with also very decent english voices. No endgame..really , I mean .. is not like the content isn't there right? If this was the first time Bless released World Wide, then ..point would of been valid. But you are yet wrong. Is not there now , but it will be soon.

Shitty FPS .. yes and no. Yes in main cities and crowed areas, which I really don't like it either. But since , at least I , my main time right now is "out there" , is not a very big deal. But I would rather have a smooth FPS everywhere, to be fair, and I hope for the best here.

I don't really get what you are saying beyond this point. I mean, inventory lock is .. not bad and you will unlock most of it by the time you hit 45 ( same as in Aion ) . Dungeon Finder behind pay mechanic. You mean you need a stone to teleport directly to the dungeon if you're using Dungeon Finder? Well ..is not like the other 4 will say "hey , we all have bough this stone, so if you didn't well, we will kick you". Common sense tells me that most of the time , everyone will walk to the dungeon entrance.

So yea! You got it wrong with Bless. But I will fully support you with any KS MMo out there :)
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:
    One thing I'll say, if you are messing up your combos, the combat feels clunky as hell. If you are doing it right, it actually is pretty decent. So basically, if you don't like it that just means you suck. :)

Mage for example feels 100x better there because you important skills aren't locked 3 deep in a pointless combo and can be used as you wish.

It's not about messing up combos, it's about the absurd way they selected skills like knockback before you can use an AoE? Like what the hell....

Whoever designed the combo system for Steam has zero understanding about class skills, classes or hell even combo systems. 

It's clear that NeoWiz has lost all the original game devs who built the skill system  - as the combo system is a farce.
    I don't know about you , but wouldn't make sense to knockback enemies first, then cast a 3+ seconds AoE skill ? I mean, how would you do it? Cast AoE first then knockback ? What if while casting the AoE spell , they stun you? 

I don't know , just saying.

For exemple, one of my fav chain for Guardian is : Rush ( by the time I hit the mob, he start casting a skill ) , next skill in the chain is "putting the target in the air - which do good damage and also interrupts ) , then the next one do massive damage , and if the target is not death , it has a 4 skill in the chain, which do an even bigger damage , but mostly , the 4th skill I fast tab the next target to hit with it ) .

I..understand where you are coming from, and being used with the combat skill system from JP is playing a huge role in liking or not the new combat system from EU/NA.

But for me, is awesome! And I really , really mean it. 
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 732
    IceDark said:
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:

I don't know about you , but wouldn't make sense to knockback enemies first, then cast a 3+ seconds AoE skill ? I mean, how would you do it? Cast AoE first then knockback ? What if while casting the AoE spell , they stun you? 

I don't know , just saying.
    There's no reason to have an AoE skill to follow a knock back. A single target skill following a knockback? Yes.

Knocking back everything you intend to hit just scatters them and prevents the AoE from being effective. Even worse in PvP, people will know immediately that once you've cast your knock back an AoE will follow -- Makes it incredibly easy to predict and dodge.

Most of the combos in the game have no thought process put into them, and don't seem to make sense from a gameplay perspective. They are literally just there to distract from the fact that the combat would be dreadfully boring if you weren't busy playing finger gymnastics to get to the ability you actually want to use. Especially since most things die in 1-2 hits anyways ...

Not sure why they wouldn't let folks just make their own combos. There's only a handful of skills for each class, but the combo system makes it seem a lot more "diverse" by duplicating the same handful of skills over and over in different finger gymnastic patters.
    [Deleted User]
    "Users were able to buy the Collector’s Edition, get all the in-game items, and then refund it. Then they could keep and use all the items by repurchasing the Standard Edition"

LMAO
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    The failure world wide appears to now be complete.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,262
    simmihi said:
    They actually acknowledged the item duplication thing. That's a huge plus for me. I still find pay for dungeon finder unacceptable in any way though.
    Because you're not supposed to teleport to the dungeon. They want you to walk there. The open world gameplay is the primary focus of this game.
    Kyleran
    edited May 2018
    Vrika said:
    Orinori said:

So OP is wrong? "the reported potential item duplication bug is the top priority for the team to solve. It has been replicated and a work is in progress"

They don't say that they've replicated it yet.

EDIT: Fixed the quotes
    One of the Community Leader Emissaries posted this earlier this evening:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696048879937835536/#c1696048879938048321

edited May 2018
    Aeander said:
    Orinori said:
    33k people online compared to yesterdays 40k ish. I think people are over acting about about the death of bless. More people will be joining soon.
    A 17.5% drop in playerbase (based on your numbers of 40k and 33k) is an overreaction? That is an enormous single day drop. If that is at all indicative of mass refunds, that is not good.

And more people will join over time if the game gets positive player and press reception. More people will not join what is perceived to be a sinking ship. That's just not how video game communities work.
    Monday was a holiday in the US , Tuesday most were back at work. So not really a huge drop considering.
    Kyleran
    Leiloni said:
    simmihi said:
    They actually acknowledged the item duplication thing. That's a huge plus for me. I still find pay for dungeon finder unacceptable in any way though.
    Because you're not supposed to teleport to the dungeon. They want you to walk there. The open world gameplay is the primary focus of this game.
    That's the most pathetic excuse I've heard on this. If they did not want me to teleport to the dungeon, they wouldn't have the system in the first place. This only will bring frustration when a party is forming, because some people will want to pay and others will not. Btw, most of the "open world" is acres of empty space, no critters, no mobs no, anything.

They want people to pay cash shop currency for a thing that even extreme pay to win garbage like Neverwinter have for free. Remove the system entirely, I can almost live with that. I say "almost" because the whole idea of having a dungeon finder is to be able to do other things while you wait for a party, instead of having to yell in cities like crazy as it was back in 2005.

I'm having flashbacks of having to wait 2 hours for a party and then someone had to leave, someone was significantly underperforming and you could not finish because people weren't willing to wait for someone else to replace him etc. I don't want to go back to those days. This system is my main gripe with the game now, because for me this is unacceptable in 2018.
  • joe1121joe1121 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited May 2018
    The game runs like trash on multiple high end PCs and after 6 or so year they haven't managed to fix the optimisation (.ini tweak helps but even so still performance poor). That's a big fail and a big no no for me. B&S also uses the same engine and run smooth as butter, just show when a developer cares about player experience and optimisation/performance. Bless Online NA will die very fast, lots of more better MMOs to play why would any waste time on this garbage MMO.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,267
    joe1121 said:
    The game runs like trash on multiple high end PCs and after 6 or so year they haven't managed to fix the optimisation (.ini tweak helps but even so still performance poor). That's a big fail and a big no no for me. B&S also uses the same engine and run smooth as butter, just show when a developer cares about player experience and optimisation/performance. Bless Online NA will die very fast, lots of more better MMOs to play why would any waste time on this garbage MMO.
    its something they can still fix bu its going to take soem coding work
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    edited May 2018
    Me and all my clan/friends have refunded the game unfortunately. We really wanted to seriously play this game but it was too much for us to handle. It started with constant emergency maintenance (we couldn't take advantage of the early 2 days access), the login bug (we couldn't get the character screen), the huge lag spikes not to mention more than 1hour queues but the thing that made us refund was the item dupe exploit (broke the economy before the official release, only a wipe could sort it but they said they were not going to wipe the servers). It was the worst release experience ever. Dead on arrival.

Beta tester maniac

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 454
    edited May 2018
    if you dont like dont play is not hard alot ppls enjoy game like me cant w8 to stop with all drame on reddit lol MMORPG reddit most toxic community
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,025
    I'm still planning on picking it up this weekend. I know better than buying into EA with an mmo. Every single mmo that has it always has server issues and you basically pay to be a beta tester doing server stress tests the first few days. My only regret of not getting it right away is that I'm not sure if I'll be able to make a character on the server my friends are playing on.
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,420
    Leiloni said:
    simmihi said:
    Forcing everyone to walk to the dungeon might be okay.

The problem is that if some in your group pay for the teleport, they have to wait while you walk. It's basically pay when others in your group do or you're an unwanted person -feature.
    simmihi

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Find a better group of people.
    KyleranLeiloni
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,358
    I'm still planning on picking it up this weekend. I know better than buying into EA with an mmo. Every single mmo that has it always has server issues and you basically pay to be a beta tester doing server stress tests the first few days. My only regret of not getting it right away is that I'm not sure if I'll be able to make a character on the server my friends are playing on.
    Wait, so you say that you know better than to buy an MMO thats in Early Access but you plan to buy an MMO thats in Early Access this weekend?

That doesnt make sense.

Is playing the "new thing" with your friends so important that you would play an Early Access MMO with such an overwhelmingly negative reception?
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,341
    Xiaoki said:
    Wait, so you say that you know better than to buy an MMO thats in Early Access but you plan to buy an MMO thats in Early Access this weekend?

That doesnt make sense.

Is playing the "new thing" with your friends so important that you would play an Early Access MMO with such an overwhelmingly negative reception?
    Yeah, I have this image of my friends inviting me to come jump off a high bridge with them.

"No. It's alright, you all go right ahead and let me know how it turns out."

;)

LeiloniMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited May 2018
    Kyleran said:

"No. It's alright, you all go right ahead and let me know how it turns out."

That's easy to anticipate. The week-end is coming. By Monday, everyone and their grandma will be max level and realize there's nothing to do. The bubble will burst. Again.

Alts are not attractive. Leveling by doing 2 dungeons 15 times each and then hunting mobs for the book (i remember when Trion put that in Rift, oh man how people hated it) is not something for sane people to infinitely repeat. Crafting, not everyone's into that, and how much of that can one do before getting bored. What's left? Tame the 600 animals? :)
    Kyleran
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Xiaoki said:

That doesnt make sense.

There has been a negative reception but I wouldn't call it overwhelmingly at all. Following The early reviews of people looking to poo poo the game just before their two hours were up, positive reviews were as low as 30% ish, since then the positive reviews have climbed pretty rapidly to almost 50% positive and will soon hold a majority view if current trends continue. Population also seemed to stay steady and I predict will rise in number by a good portion before the end of the week is out, despite early calls that Bless was DoA.
    maskedweaselOzmodan
    edited May 2018
    berlight said:
    Me and all my clan/friends have refunded the game unfortunately. We really wanted to seriously play this game but it was too much for us to handle. It started with constant emergency maintenance (we couldn't take advantage of the early 2 days access), the login bug (we couldn't get the character screen), the huge lag spikes not to mention more than 1hour queues but the thing that made us refund was the item dupe exploit (broke the economy before the official release, only a wipe could sort it but they said they were not going to wipe the servers). It was the worst release experience ever. Dead on arrival.
    Good.

It seems you and your clan/friends are a bunch of QQ-ers who can't handle a MMO launch day(s), and so , you can't be called a MMO Player.

ShaighMikehaEponyxDamorKyleranLeilonimaskedweaselMrMelGibson
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 316
    IceDark said:

So let me get this straight , shitty gameplay/combat/nostory/no endgame shitty fps on most high end machines b2p cash shop inventory lock dungeon finder behind pay mechanic what? whoever is buying this game just a reminder that you are the reason we don't get any quality mmo's anymore.

Wow! With last paragraph , you just quoted me when I am angry with the MMO industry this days.

But no, you didn't .. get this straight! Game play is not shitty, I LOVE the combat, and .. no story ? I really find the story to be very decent with also very decent english voices. No endgame..really , I mean .. is not like the content isn't there right? If this was the first time Bless released World Wide, then ..point would of been valid. But you are yet wrong. Is not there now , but it will be soon.

Shitty FPS .. yes and no. Yes in main cities and crowed areas, which I really don't like it either. But since , at least I , my main time right now is "out there" , is not a very big deal. But I would rather have a smooth FPS everywhere, to be fair, and I hope for the best here.

I don't really get what you are saying beyond this point. I mean, inventory lock is .. not bad and you will unlock most of it by the time you hit 45 ( same as in Aion ) . Dungeon Finder behind pay mechanic. You mean you need a stone to teleport directly to the dungeon if you're using Dungeon Finder? Well ..is not like the other 4 will say "hey , we all have bough this stone, so if you didn't well, we will kick you". Common sense tells me that most of the time , everyone will walk to the dungeon entrance.

So yea! You got it wrong with Bless. But I will fully support you with any KS MMo out there :)

24 to start, I think
    37 quests, 31 slots
    55 free slots.

192 maximum slots

137 slots needed to max.

1000 loyalties for 1 slot (100/day logging in)
    10 days per slot

137x10

1370 days logging in (3.75 years)

Quote from reddit post

This is NOT cool bro , its like the pet system in bdo , they could of added a loot all button but no , you have to buy pets and press a effin button for eternity because this is fun! nah man make a good game and il buy all your cosmetic shit and support your company , we are in 2018.