Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Executive Producer Issues an Apology & an Update on Bless's Rocky Start - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Nepheth said:
    They didn't acknowledge anything just for the sake of their players. They are forced to acknowledge the problems. Steam is giving refunds for Bless Online even if you played more than 2 hours and they already removed it from their top seller list. Everyone is getting refund at this point lol. They acknowledged the dupe bug which was already in the game in other regions and didn't get a fix for all these years. Yeah, big props to them... It is not even funny at this point...
    Right, I'm honestly jealous of people who are so capable of having rose colored glasses all the time to the point where they can pick up shield and sword for something that is so wrong and typical of the industry.

Really? Props? To acknowledge an exploit that was a carry over from the other failed releases?

So just because they didn't deny like Scott Hartsman over at Trion we're going to lower the bar that low? 

They can keep their cash grab payment from me. I'm sticking around so I can provide information and be a straight shooter for interested parties. A month from now we're going to see fluff articles and posts about the awesomeness of Bless like none of this happened.

I'll be fair yet scathing if it's BS.

maskedweaseljimmywolfAsmodeuXTokken
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809
    Sovrath said:
    complete garbage. Next MMO
    And which would that be? Pantheon? Camelot Unchained? That thing Amazon is working on, whatever it's called?

Probably Ashes of Creation.

So yeah, it will be a while even if any of those launch.
    So what.

I would rather wait and play nothing at all in the meantime than play complete garbage just because its new(relatively speaking).

If your MMO itch is that bad then a lot of older MMOs have had updates recently or coming soon and checking in on them is a much better way to scratch that itch than this failure.
    [Deleted User]MMObroTokken
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    System said:

the reported potential item duplication bug is the top priority for the team to solve. It has been replicated and a work is in progress
    That's not quite what they say, they say that:

"Along with the performance issues, our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug. Once we can replicate this issue and solve it, we will let all of our players know"

simmihi

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751

Vrika said:

System said:

the reported potential item duplication bug is the top priority for the team to solve. It has been replicated and a work is in progress

That's not quite what they say, they say that:

"Along with the performance issues, our top priority is addressing the reported potential item duplication bug. Once we can replicate this issue and solve it, we will let all of our players know"

So OP is wrong? "the reported potential item duplication bug is the top priority for the team to solve. It has been replicated and a work is in progress"
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    I'm sorry too, Mister Producer, but this is not how you do business and expect respect or whatever game following value this title may still have.
    Refunded the game.
    Tokken
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Just watched my 40 man guild refund this morning and all our other allied guilds refund. Blatant misinformation if not false advertising with NO endgame, I've never seen a popular opinion/general consensus shift so fast before.
    [Deleted User]RemyVorenderLife2vTokkenKyleranMrMelGibson
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    edited May 2018
    Orinori said:

So OP is wrong? "the reported potential item duplication bug is the top priority for the team to solve. It has been replicated and a work is in progress"

They don't say that they've replicated it yet.

EDIT: Fixed the quotes

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I like to avoid any situation where a company has my money and I am dissatisfied.  So, I usually wait until a game is past that initial bug identification period before I consider playing.  That has done wonders for my blood pressure.

AlexanderVendiMMObroTokkenMrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    edited May 2018

:D I don't even need to quote anything but the blatant cheer leading while the house is burning is hilarious. I dont' know if overzealous fan or other but still funny.

Yeah it kind of makes me want to mouth puke to be honest. I mean I wouln't say people should be all out salty over it, but it's definitely a WTF worthy moment since some of the people who payed extra to play early can't even do so. Honesty if I was dealing with this frustration and reading some of this rainbow and unicorn crap coming from that cult of followers I would be even more inclined to refund and never look back. The Jonestown of MMOs; they can have it.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

33k people online compared to yesterdays 40k ish. I think people are over acting about about the death of bless. More people will be joining soon.
    Life2vTokkenLeiloni
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    Orinori said:
    33k people online compared to yesterdays 40k ish. I think people are over acting about about the death of bless. More people will be joining soon.
    A 17.5% drop in playerbase (based on your numbers of 40k and 33k) is an overreaction? That is an enormous single day drop. If that is at all indicative of mass refunds, that is not good.

And more people will join over time if the game gets positive player and press reception. More people will not join what is perceived to be a sinking ship. That's just not how video game communities work.
    MikehaAlomar[Deleted User]BruceYeeRemyVorenderLife2vTokkenSolancer
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    President of Bless Online, Kim Jong Un is very sorry.... that everyone refunded their EA pound me in the butt packs.
    BruceYeeSolancer
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Orinori said:
    Bless is doing good and will continue to do so.  They should have said the high level content will be coming later but outside of that I have 0 complaints. 
    Alomar[Deleted User]Gyva02Life2vTokkenFlyByKnight
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    And more people will join over time if the game gets positive player and press reception. More people will not join what is perceived to be a sinking ship. That's just not how video game communities work.
    There's also a simple and more direct reason more people don't join now: the base game, announced to be available a few hours ago, still cannot be accessed. The people who just waited to buy it on the 30th (i was contemplating the idea, changed my mind in the last 2 days) cannot do it yet.

They're, again, working on a fix. They've said it on Steam. Well, at least communication is better. My question is, if you cannot fix that, if you cannot fix a duplicate item issue which was recorded in all the other versions, how can one expect you to be able to fix more complicated issues.
    jimmywolfRnjypsyAlomar[Deleted User]
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171
    Aeander said:
    Orinori said:
    A 17.5% drop in playerbase (based on your numbers of 40k and 33k) is an overreaction? That is an enormous single day drop. If that is at all indicative of mass refunds, that is not good.

I think it's only to be expected to see a big drop, I would have thought it would have been a bigger drop seeing as how it launched on a holiday. 

I won't say the game has staying power. I won't day that the game is without problems.  What I can say is that it is doing better than expected, and I think that's apparent from the developers responses.  They planned a 1 server launch with 2 backups now extended to 6 in NA 

The game is what it is. It's not the greatest MMO of our era, but despite the issues it's still better than the critics give it credit for.  
    MikehaTindale111TokkenMrMelGibson

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Already got my Lumina in my inbox for the compensation. :)
    Life2vmakevaliMrMelGibson
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Aeander said:
    Orinori said:

The game is what it is. It's not the greatest MMO of our era, but despite the issues it's still better than the critics give it credit for.  
    This has yet to be shown.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sephiroso said:
    Aeander said:
    Orinori said:

This has yet to be shown.
    In your opinion, which is only yours. And in my opinion, it has already been shown. I've been playing it. 
    jimmywolfMrMelGibson

Aeander said:
    Orinori said:

That number is an indication of the knee jerk people who are looking for an excuse to use the easy Steam refund process to run back to w/e polished game it was they were playing already.

Bless might not be 'wow amazing!' it seems pretty generic but I am sure there is fun to be had there and some seem to be finding it.

I can't recall seeing such levels of outrage and desperate attempts from people to tell everyone the 'games ded' over pretty normal launch issues on day 1 and 2 of EA. A sign of things to come from the newer generations?
    maskedweaselMrMelGibson
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 373
    So let me get this straight , shitty gameplay/combat/nostory/no endgame shitty fps on most high end machines b2p cash shop inventory lock dungeon finder behind pay mechanic what? whoever is buying this game just a reminder that you are the reason we don't get any quality mmo's anymore.
    RnjypsyBruceYeeRemyVorenderGyva02Life2vTokkenmakevaliRain_DeathravenThomas2006Sector13and 2 others.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    I'm honestly not sure how sorry the executive producer is if his team is siding with out-of-the box solutions like tweaking your ini files to make the game run smoother....Then again Bethesda relies on the modding community to fix their games yet they are praised so I can't say this kind of support hasn't happened before.
    maskedweaselAlomarMrMelGibson
    So let me get this straight , shitty gameplay/combat/nostory/no endgame shitty fps on most high end machines b2p cash shop inventory lock dungeon finder behind pay mechanic what? whoever is buying this game just a reminder that you are the reason we don't get any quality mmo's anymore.
    Don't mistake your opinion as the only one that matters. 
    IceDarkfrustateMrMelGibson

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 373
    Don't mistake your delusion about the quality of the game you payed for , i know it sucks but facts speak for themselves , are you seriously ok whit everything i said above?  gl then!
    [Deleted User]Life2vRain_DeathravenSolancer
    Don't mistake your delusion about the quality of the game you payed for , i know it sucks but facts speak for themselves , are you seriously ok whit everything i said above?  gl then!
    Read my other posts on the matter.  I've been very vocal about what's wrong, doesn't mean I agree that the gameplay and combat is poor.  Or that it runs bad on high end machines. I ran it on two machines, a laptop and a desktop, and my laptop is quite outdated, it doesn't run poorly on either of them,  at least not when the servers are stable.  Last night I got several hours of play time with zero lag, and very good framerates on my laptop.  

If you're playing it, I'd be happy to hear about your first hand experiences. 
    EponyxDamorIceDark

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh I said I would wiat a month or 2 before anything, make that 3 months and see if i'm not busy with something, or maybe by that time its f2p, kinda funny too, I have no more mmo to see if was good enough for me, kinda strange now
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.