Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Executive Producer Issues an Apology & an Update on Bless's Rocky Start - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageExecutive Producer Issues an Apology & an Update on Bless's Rocky Start - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - Bless Online Executive Producer Sungjin Ko has taken the the game's Steam page to issue an apology to players for the game's rocky start and to provide some insight into the next steps the team will be taken moving forward.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Mikeha

Comments

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    edited May 2018
    They actually acknowledged the item duplication thing. That's a huge plus for me. I still find pay for dungeon finder unacceptable in any way though.
    MikehaEponyxDamorchocolate42069AlomarSabracXingbairongspeedylegs8wingoodqoma[Deleted User]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    They are also giving compensation to the founders.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1653264683467196938

Despite the unstable server and performance issues, many of our Founders were actively reporting issues and opinions on various channels. The vast amount of information collected this way is being referenced in our efforts to quickly solve problems.

As a result, we have decided to especially thank all our Founders for their assistance and apologize for the inconveniences caused by delivering 2,450 Lumena to the “Account inbox” of all players who purchased any Founder’s Pack between 5/28 10:00 AM ~ 5/30 00:00 AM, PDT. (Will be rewarded in order on May 31st)

SBFordIceDarkLife2vStoneRosesMrMelGibson
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171
    Lots of fixes on the way, only thing that matters to me right now though, even more than end game, is that they unlock those servers so people can create characters on the servers with their friends.  
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    They did this quickly, that's great. The fact that they are acknowledging the dupe, and the rocky start means a lot. Especially when everyone expected them to just stay quiet and not fix it.
    MikehaOctagon7711RnjypsyMadFrenchieDoctorhooMrMelGibson
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Good for them. This game should be playable in a year or two and I may look into then.
    MikehaPuReDusTMidPrincessOzmodanDesium-47goobsnewsMMObroTokkenspeedylegs8Rain_Deathravenand 1 other.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im so starved for a new MMO i'll probably throw some money at this game over the weekend, Now days, 30 bucks for a couple weeks worth of entertainment is well worth the price of admission. I rarely go into a MMO anymore expecting to spend years ingame like did with World of Warcraft or even Final Fantsy
    MikehaMidPrincessOrinoriIceDarkchocolate42069ultimateduckslim552CryomatrixCacolaco
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Welcome to all the new players that are starting today and see you all in game!!!!!!!
    IceDarkchocolate42069slim552Life2vTokkenMrMelGibsonkazca
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I swear it's the same story with every MMORPG launch. You would think they would learn from other companies past mistakes by now.
    MidPrincessOctagon7711Tokkenwingoodqoma
    --------------------------------------------
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    But I thought I was hater and a liar though... Hmmm.
    Muazie
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Nyctelios said:
    Mikeha said:
    Welcome to all the new players that are starting today and see you all in game!!!!!!!
    And say bye to the thousands getting refunds no questions asked on steam.

Good, less fat to trim. 

I have been having a blast since the start and will continue to do so. :D
    SovrathIceDarkPanther2103ultimateduckAeanderslim552mgilbrtsnLife2vTokkenLeiloniand 2 others.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
     :D I don't even need to quote anything but the blatant cheer leading while the house is burning is hilarious. I dont' know if overzealous fan or other but still funny.

MidPrincessRnjypsygoobsnews[Deleted User]AlexanderVendiInteritus
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2018
    thunderC said:
    Im so starved for a new MMO i'll probably throw some money at this game over the weekend, Now days, 30 bucks for a couple weeks worth of entertainment is well worth the price of admission. I rarely go into a MMO anymore expecting to spend years ingame like did with World of Warcraft or even Final Fantsy
    If you wanna spend ~30 bucks for an actually great experience and get a couple weeks worth of entertainment, then buy Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Moonlighter. Plenty of better choices...why put up with lag, constant disconnects, and a subpar launch imo?

Ehh, scratch what i said, i just saw you said you were starved specifically for a new mmo.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89

thunderC said:

I think I'll skip this one but I totally agree with you. I don't even remember the last time I fired up an MMO and thought I would get anything even remotely resembling the joy I found in WoW and GW 1. No sir, it ain't that kind of industry no more lmao
    JeffSpicoliceratop001Samhael
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Interesting how they only said of the missing endgame content, they only have plans to add the 15v15 pvp and 2 high level dungeons in 1-2 weeks. There was a long list of content and the fact that they haven't even given an eta on when it will be released tells me its months out.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    complete garbage. Next MMO
    Life2vTokkenRain_Deathraven
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    complete garbage. Next MMO
    And which would that be? Pantheon? Camelot Unchained? That thing Amazon is working on, whatever it's called?

Probably Ashes of Creation.

So yeah, it will be a while even if any of those launch.
    MikehaRemyVorenderTokkenSamhaelwingoodMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Big props to Neowiz for acknowledging the issues. Now they just need to fix them. :)
    SovrathMikehaXingbairongMrMelGibsonCacolaco
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    simmihi said:

I still find pay for dungeon finder unacceptable in any way though.
    I want to point this out though, with the duping shit storm going on at the moment, it seems like it slipped under the radar.
    Most people here seems to have missed this detail.
    Totally unacceptable.
    RemyVorenderTokken
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    TEKK3N said:
    simmihi said:

I want to point this out though, with the duping shit storm going on at the moment, it seems like it slipped under the radar.
    Totally unacceptable.
    It was paying lumina to travel to the dungeon, wasn't it? In before the knights in white though "its just pay to convenience, come on...." It'll also be convenient for your party to kick you or just leave if they are paying to travel and you aren't...
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Give them credit for admitting mistakes. Probably had money issues hence they needed to launch asap
    blbetaLife2vTokkenMrMelGibson
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    They didn't acknowledge anything just for the sake of their players. They are forced to acknowledge the problems. Steam is giving refunds for Bless Online even if you played more than 2 hours and they already removed it from their top seller list. Everyone is getting refund at this point lol. They acknowledged the dupe bug which was already in the game in other regions and didn't get a fix for all these years. Yeah, big props to them... It is not even funny at this point...
    FrodoFragins[Deleted User]Life2vTokkenRain_DeathravenSolancerThomas2006
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    Bless doesn't need an apology. It needs an exorcism.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]TokkenMrMelGibsonSolancer
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Nepheth said:
    They didn't acknowledge anything just for the sake of their players. They are forced to acknowledge the problems. Steam is giving refunds for Bless Online even if you played more than 2 hours and they already removed it from their top seller list. Everyone is getting refund at this point lol. They acknowledged the dupe bug which was already in the game in other regions and didn't get a fix for all these years. Yeah, big props to them... It is not even funny at this point...
    Well its pretty funny if you have no money invested in the title.

That said, Bungie gave a lot of excuses and "acknowledgments" of their failure yet....So yeah, its easy enough to acknowledge stuff, but people really only care about what you do about it in the end. Given how long many of these issues have been in the general client for (mainly the optimization issues), these guys honestly just wanted the quick cash before cashing out (or at least that's my overall take on it and of course I hope I'm wrong in the end for the good of the genre).

Anyway, the people who put money in and are upset honestly only have themselves to blame. This game was around long enough so a simple google search could've uncovered these issues for them if they really cared, but a majority of people kept going on "well its only 30$ so its not a big deal, but then again some people are just too poor so of course they will whine." It still had an alright chance if Neowiz puts its greed/ego aside and just goes f2p like its always been. They can do their p2w or whatever and make more money than they are now with the overall product being forgotten about after another game or expansion lands, but at least they'll get something for this corpse. A lot of people only saw this title as a gap closer until something else anyway, so if thy just give the people what they want, they can still have a shred of dignity left, if that means anything anymore in this world.
    MMObroRain_Deathraven
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Give them credit for admitting mistakes. Probably had money issues hence they needed to launch asap

Credit for what?
    Having launched an half backed game, and being forced to refund the game to most of the buyers, did you expect they would simply stay silent?
    The duping problem was the same of other versions, they didn't care enough to fix it even though they knew about it.

Now we know why this game failed in all other markets it released.

Rain_DeathravenSolancer
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Albatroes said:
    TEKK3N said:
    simmihi said:

Totally unacceptable.
    It was paying lumina to travel to the dungeon, wasn't it? In before the knights in white though "its just pay to convenience, come on...." It'll also be convenient for your party to kick you or just leave if they are paying to travel and you aren't...
    Also:
    Can they kick you at any time, or do you have to spend time in the dungeon before they do? Do you get penalties if you leave yourself? What if 3 people walked to the dungeon and are outside it, and the other 2 are in completely different zones, away, not willing to pay? I accept a price in gold, but not cash shop currency. Sounds like a minor issue, but this is game breaking for me.
    Rain_Deathraven