Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Announces Fallout 76, the Newest Game in the Series - Fallout 4 - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,130
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,337
    adam_nox said:
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
    interest rapidly waning........
    AeanderTorval

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Kyleran said:
    adam_nox said:
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
    interest rapidly waning........
    If it goes full ARK I'll probably be sooper salty. Fallout has done survival for a long time - hunger, thirst, radiation, substance addiction. I think survival developers took a lot of inspiration from Fallout games.

    Crafting in Fallout games is simpler and more one-dimensional than ARK or Conan Exiles so some additional complexity and layering could be interesting. Base building makes sense too. The way those systems work, mechanically, in survival games would feel out of place in Fallout though, if they just did a copy/paste.

    If they take those ideas and make them feel like Fallout then it might be interesting. If copy/paste the look, feel, and gameplay of a typical survival engine and paint it with Fallout, then it sounds like a pass.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,526
    Fallout 76 -- 76,000 years later the vault awakens to find the world outside a swampland and strange but intelligent lizard creatures talking about some ancient scrolls.
    TorvalIselinGorweCyber_wasteland
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,397
    centkin said:
    Fallout 76 -- 76,000 years later the vault awakens to find the world outside a swampland and strange but intelligent lizard creatures talking about some ancient scrolls.
    the ancient scrolls tell the tale of the legendary mirelurkborn and his institute-made plasma fusrodah




  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,391
    centkin said:
    Fallout 76 -- 76,000 years later the vault awakens to find the world outside a swampland and strange but intelligent lizard creatures talking about some ancient scrolls.
    That IS the long term Zenimax plan: The fallout series as alternate reality near future, their new IP set several hundred or thousand years after that and the Elder Scrolls many thousands of years after that in the far future.

    They're going full Shannara with the idea that the magic world is far future instead of long forgotten ancient past.
    Torval
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,337
    edited May 2018
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    adam_nox said:
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
    interest rapidly waning........
    If it goes full ARK I'll probably be sooper salty. Fallout has done survival for a long time - hunger, thirst, radiation, substance addiction. I think survival developers took a lot of inspiration from Fallout games.

    Crafting in Fallout games is simpler and more one-dimensional than ARK or Conan Exiles so some additional complexity and layering could be interesting. Base building makes sense too. The way those systems work, mechanically, in survival games would feel out of place in Fallout though, if they just did a copy/paste.

    If they take those ideas and make them feel like Fallout then it might be interesting. If copy/paste the look, feel, and gameplay of a typical survival engine and paint it with Fallout, then it sounds like a pass.
    Yeah, I see your point, but what I love about Fallout is the story telling.

    Having a bunch of insane arses trying to gank me and take my stuff isn't a very compelling story.

    Heck, for that sort of gameplay, I'm already playing EVE.

    ;)

    Besides, I look at survival games as something companies without the talent or resources to deliver something good turn to.

    Bethesda should be able to do better.


    Torval

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,872
    edited May 2018
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 140
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noHLHjt_WJI
    Mrmattyplays did some research so I didn't have to saving me from falling for clickbait for the next two weeks. Also his Todd Howard skit in the beginning is entertaining.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,202
    Please let it be not a MOBA or survival or battle royale. I don't mind a shooter like Fallout 3 and 4 since I can play those and I enjoy them.
    Torvalkitarad
    Martens: "With all due respect, madam, where are you going with this?"
    Avasarala: "Wherever I goddamn like."
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 370
    I wonder if, for this one, they plan on putting all their eggs in the Creation Club basket...
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    edited May 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    adam_nox said:
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
    interest rapidly waning........
    If it goes full ARK I'll probably be sooper salty. Fallout has done survival for a long time - hunger, thirst, radiation, substance addiction. I think survival developers took a lot of inspiration from Fallout games.

    Crafting in Fallout games is simpler and more one-dimensional than ARK or Conan Exiles so some additional complexity and layering could be interesting. Base building makes sense too. The way those systems work, mechanically, in survival games would feel out of place in Fallout though, if they just did a copy/paste.

    If they take those ideas and make them feel like Fallout then it might be interesting. If copy/paste the look, feel, and gameplay of a typical survival engine and paint it with Fallout, then it sounds like a pass.
    Yeah, I see your point, but what I love about Fallout is the story telling.

    Having a bunch of insane arses trying to gank me and take my stuff isn't a very compelling story.

    Heck, for that sort of gameplay, I'm already playing EVE.

    ;)

    Besides, I look at survival games as something companies without the talent or resources to deliver something good turn to.

    Bethesda should be able to do better.


    Yes, exactly. If it's online then I want my Fallout experience to be cooperative. Rather than a companion it might be nice to journey out into the wastes of New Vegas or DC together.

    If it's how you describe, and I could easily see them going this route, then I'll likely pass on it. It's not the fallout experience I'm looking for /handwave.

    edit: Also can their engine even handle multiplayer? Are they building a new engine?
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,252
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,252
    Your thread for the new trailer is broke it only takes one to the games list.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Soooo happy it's a proper Fallout game and not some spin off into a different genre.
    Iselin
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,391
    Soooo happy it's a proper Fallout game and not some spin off into a different genre.
    Di you catch the glimpse of Mothman in the new trailer?
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,202
    So it's a proper Fallout game are you guys sure ? Why do you say that because trailers can be misleading.
    Martens: "With all due respect, madam, where are you going with this?"
    Avasarala: "Wherever I goddamn like."
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,109
    Kyleran said:
    adam_nox said:
    kotaku is reporting that they have two sources that work for bethesda saying it is an mmo survival game with base building etc. 
    interest rapidly waning........
    So 7 Days to Die but with better Melee Combat? Man that would be awesome!!!

    image

  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,391
    Multiplayer, PVP and a game where you can literally nuke your enemies.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    It is a multiplayer based game but you can play solo if you want. Not an MMO.
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Iselin said:
    Soooo happy it's a proper Fallout game and not some spin off into a different genre.
    Di you catch the glimpse of Mothman in the new trailer?
    That isn't moth man my dude......its a flying death claw because they were to easy before right. 

Sign In or Register to comment.