Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Announces Fallout 76, the Newest Game in the Series - Fallout 4 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBethesda Announces Fallout 76, the Newest Game in the Series - Fallout 4 - MMORPG.com

Fallout 4 News - During this year's Bethesda E3 Showcase on June 10th (6:00 pm Pacific / 9:00 pm Eastern), a brand new Fallout game will be fully revealed. For now, we have a rather cryptic announcement trailer and a name: Fallout 76. The title refers to Vault 76, a "control" vault that has been said to house up to 500 inhabitants and that would only open 20 years after a nuclear apocalypse. 76 has been mentioned in both Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'll admit that the first thing I thought seeing the jacket at the end was, "Soldier 76" >.>
    DiscipledOneLeiHngWeiRain_DeathravenMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• milayskymilaysky Member UncommonPosts: 39
    just ..yey
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Rumor has it this is Fallout Online.
    JeffSpicoliAeander
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Bethesda, raping the corpse of a good franchise for the pleasure of popamoles..
    Voidfarerbartoni33bobbymcswansonalkarionlogXarkoPanther2103TheScavengerPanserbjorne39GazimoffRain_Deathraven
  • RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Battle Royal Fallout 76
    XarkoJeffSpicolichocolate42069GazimoffScotNyteWytchMrMelGibson
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

Rellz said:

Battle Royal Fallout 76

Noooooooo
    bartoni33TillerJeffSpicoliSabracSaltyDog79rojoArcueidTacticalZombeh
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Rellz said:
    Battle Royal Fallout 76
    Probably.

I hoped they announced TES 6 though.
    qoma
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    TEKK3N said:
    Rellz said:
    Battle Royal Fallout 76
    Probably.

I hoped they announced TES 6 though.
    Highly doubt they'll announce TES6 since they've been milking skyrim for nearly a decade.

That said, I kind of wouldn't mind a Fallout Online. ESO didn't start out hot (and there's still a few things I dont like about the current game) but in the end, its been pretty solid for a lot of people so as long as Bethesda learns at least half of what they did being involved with the project (a large part of it falling on zenimax of course) then it should be decently received especially in this thirsty market.
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Yeah, that's been floating around. I'd really like to know. What would online look like?
    Yup. That's the question. My guess is that it's more likely to be a survival builder than an MMO.

[Deleted User]SovrathimmodiumjimmywolfSpottyGekkoRain_DeathravenMrMelGibsonjason523
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    Iselin said:
    Unlikely. It's going to be a game from Bethesda Game Studios, whereas Elder Scrolls Online is made by Zenimax Online.

My guess is that this will be some new type of Fallout game.
    KyleranRain_Deathraven

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Iselin said:

Torval said:

Iselin said:

Yeah, that's been floating around. I'd really like to know. What would online look like?

Yup. That's the question. My guess is that it's more likely to be a survival builder than an MMO.

Given the trailer I think you are 100% correct!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Vrika said:
    Iselin said:
    Unlikely. It's going to be a game from Bethesda Game Studios, whereas Elder Scrolls Online is made by Zenimax Online.

My guess is that this will be some new type of Fallout game.
    It's actually being developed jointly by Bethesda and one of their acquired studios in Austin, Battlecry Studios. That studio was working on a shooter called Battlecry which was cancelled. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Forget the particulars, just tell me where to shovel my money.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Kyleran said:
    Forget the particulars, just tell me where to shovel my money.

;)
    I'll pm you the routing number for my bank ... >:)
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    What if its a VR game from launch?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waffleflopperwaffleflopper Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Iselin said:

Where did you get that info?
    Iselin said:

Where did you get that info?
    Kotaku, the Verge and other places are all hinting at things they have heard through the grapevine.
    [Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    The rumor floating about is that this WILL be like a Fallout "Destiny-Like" quasi MMO. We shall see!
    SlyLoK[Deleted User]RosenborgMrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited May 2018
    The title brings back fond memories of Interstate 76

SBFordSKurjMrMelGibson

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:

I'm thinking something more like Conan Exiles and ARK. The survival aspect fits right in. They can easily add an instanced BR mode to it.

And the other things is this is Bethesda, not ZoS doing it. Bethesda has no experience or clue in pulling off an MMO or decently sized multiplayer game. If it were going to be an MMO I'd think it would go to ZoS. I'm keeping the skeptical shades on until we learn more.

Also since it is Bethesda instead of ZoS I feel like it will be much more akin to FO4 rehashed than New Vegas which is a shame. I know it would mean loot crate hell and a bunch of other tawdry crap thrown in but I think I'd rather have ZoS do a complete game and do it online than I would Bethesda do another one of their half-baked rehashes. They don't really do online and they don't do polished well. They do almost good and then let modders do the rest.

When you think about it Bethesda has only done two of the games FO3 and FO4 (well Shelter too if you want to include that). The most popular games in the series were done by Black Isle and Interplay. Does Bethesda even have what it takes to pull of a good FO game?

The only reason Skyrim is popular and has any longevity at all is due to modding. The base game would have been forgotten years ago without it. I don't think Bethesda can ride on that much longer. Many games now include extensive and powerful modding. Bethesda's engine is old.

Hype is meeting reality early on for me so I have a heavy dose of skepticism.
    The whole Elder Scrolls modding thing is a relatively recent phenomenon that has created its own ES subculture. I've been playing them since Arena first released 24 years ago - long before you could mod anything about them.

Back then it stood out from the crowd for two reasons: a marriage of FPS and RPG that only a few games like Ultima Underworld had tried. It eventually became a pretty common thing but that was rare in 1994. But more importantly, they had a unique take on the usual RPG fantasy races with a surprisingly well fleshed out lore and history of the world right from the beginning that didn't feel like a blatant D&D lore clone.

Fallout started out as a turn based RPG that was heavily influenced by the original Wasteland. When Bethesda acquired it they re-imagined it as a First Person 3D action game. It just became a SciFi version of the ES games in a lot of ways. Many of the original Fallout fans hated that. Personally, I liked the genre switch. 

As to Skyrim's longevity. That has been stretched well past the breaking point for one obvious reason: Zenimax Media, the parent company of both Bethesda and ZOS is dragging its feet on the next single player ES game to help prop-up ESO as the one and only current ES game. How much longer they'll do that is anyone's guess.

[Deleted User]Gobstopper3DTacticalZombeh

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    laserit said:
    The title brings back fond memories of Interstate 76

OMG I LOVED that game <3
    laserit[Deleted User][Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    MAKE ELDERS SCROLLS!
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    SBFord said:
    I'll admit that the first thing I thought seeing the jacket at the end was, "Soldier 76" >.>
    What about the idea of a vault underneath a Phillips 76 gas station?  Age has its advantages, I just keep misplacing them.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    check the old brotherhood of steel, it do have a multiplayer, and it worked well for a no turn combat

still its a bethesda game, so wait for the launch then after 6 months the mod comunity will fix the most glaring issues, looks like its too much to ask for obsidian have the series back
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Mendel said:
    SBFord said:
    What about the idea of a vault underneath a Phillips 76 gas station?  Age has its advantages, I just keep misplacing them.

Hey I had one of those "76" orange balls on the radio antenna of my second hand 56 Chevy Belair. I paid $100 hard earned bucks for that car :) 
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED