Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Development Update Details Frustrations & Successes - The Repopulation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLatest Development Update Details Frustrations & Successes - The Repopulation - MMORPG.com

The Repopulation News - The Repopulation forum has been updated with a lengthy post from the development team to discuss both frustrations and successes in the past month. While the game did not receive an update recently, "a lot of progress has been made on the back end", though frustrating issues cropped up that pushed other planned development progress further back.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm actually surprised they are still working on this. I bought into this game way back before they had the engine switch and basically stopped development. Hopefully we eventually get a finished product! I would love to play this and have it be a full game!
    [Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

I'm actually surprised they are still working on this. I bought into this game way back before they had the engine switch and basically stopped development. Hopefully we eventually get a finished product! I would love to play this and have it be a full game!

Same here. Got a founder's pack before everything got scrapped. The game was bought by another company as far as I remember and they started with a new engine, so I doubt after all the investment(time and money) they would drop it. I just hope it doesn't take them 3-4 years cause they won't stand a chance by then.
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I have the game as well but find it extremely difficult to play because of the UI scaling issue no matter what resolution I choose the system settings menus are unreadable. So setting keybinds ect is prety much not possible
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited May 2018

Same here. Got a founder's pack before everything got scrapped. The game was bought by another company as far as I remember and they started with a new engine, so I doubt after all the investment(time and money) they would drop it. I just hope it doesn't take them 3-4 years cause they won't stand a chance by then.

The original devs tried to switch to unreal engine when they hit some roadblock with the hero engine developers but didnt have the funds to continue so a year later they sold it the the hero devs. So this is the same engine that it was from the start. The only thing they made on the unreal engine was that survival game fragmented which they wanted to use as a base for the mmo but ran out of money.
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Asheram said:

The original devs tried to switch to unreal engine when they hit some roadblock with the hero engine developers but didnt have the funds to continue so a year later they sold it the the hero devs. So this is the same engine that it was from the start.
    The only thing they made on the unreal engine was that survival game fragmented which they wanted to use as a base for the mmo but ran out of money.

Yeah they had to pay royalties to Epic with kickstarter moneys.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I backed this thing originally, and while I see the occasional update like this one, and I still get the random email, I just don't care. I'm not salty, just... apathetic.
    Tsiya