Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - Killing the Legion Blues by Prepping for Battle for Azeroth - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft - Killing the Legion Blues by Prepping for Battle for Azeroth - MMORPG.com

The next World of Warcraft expansion, Battle for Azeroth, is scheduled to launch in August. With just over a month until the launch of the pre-event to set the stage for BfA, and with most players feeling the Legion doldrums, it’s the perfect time to bone up on the lore behind the faction conflict, the centerpiece of BfA, and to study up on the growing tensions between Horde and Alliance.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I'm stuck on the deciding what class to start off with this next expansion...
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I've been playing Legion again, haven't really touched it since launch week. I don't know if I like how the artifact weapons work but in general it's been pretty fun getting caught up. I'm hoping I can get into BFA and actually stick with it for a couple of months at least, the last expansion that held my attention that long was WOTLK. 
    Blacklabelcali
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018

I've been playing Legion again, haven't really touched it since launch week. I don't know if I like how the artifact weapons work but in general it's been pretty fun getting caught up. I'm hoping I can get into BFA and actually stick with it for a couple of months at least, the last expansion that held my attention that long was WOTLK. 

Depends on why you quit legion in the first place. BfA will pretty much start off the same way as Legion. Only real difference is your progression not being locked behind a time gated campaign (i.e. how the order hall campaign would lock most of your talents and your 3rd relic slot until you completed the campaign). Other than that, you'll be doing pretty much the same thing, just in slightly different volumes. Dungeons will be the main way to gear up since WQ gear is going to be rarer and not as high ilvl (supposedly) and WQ/Island exploration scenarios will be the main way to get AP, not dungeon grinding (or how the beta currently has it supposedly, live can always be different). Probably the bigger thing is pvp actually being "good" again since Legion was hot garbage for pvp.
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited May 2018
    I doubt PVP will be good... I've been PVP'n lately working on my Prestige Levels and have frequently been in stun lock from full health to death. Adjusting the GCD won't fix that. Maybe their removal of so many stuns will, but I am skeptical. Not sure why, but I am.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    edited May 2018
    I love this subtly of the story this time. Its is pushing this war to the forefront allowing for bigger things to begin stirring in the background again. It reminds me of classic, that the peace between alliance and horde all but evaporated, only for big evils to come slamming down with so much force it shakes things up in big ways. All the Party poopers out their can have their negativity, I am excited all the same.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I have no plans to get this expansion, Legion was so bad, I have no hope that this expansion will be any better.  Maybe when it goes on sale next year I might pick it up on a lark.
    BruceYee
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    edited May 2018

Ozmodan said:

I have no plans to get this expansion, Legion was so bad, I have no hope that this expansion will be any better.  Maybe when it goes on sale next year I might pick it up on a lark.

Out of curiosity, what was so bad about legion? I mean the legendary system and Artifact system was a bit of an annoyance, but ultimately the expac was fun in terms of the content they released.
  • HaiMarkHaiMark Member CommonPosts: 3
    I am not sure how it is a "fact" that gameplay often takes precedence over the lore when you yourself said most of the lore isn't in wow. So no it isn't subject to change based on that, maybe on the whims of the writers when the lore has to be retconned otherwise it is confusing. But no, not for gameplay.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    ! ! ! ! ! and more ! and when not chasing !,they do quick dungeon runs for ONE reason..loot,not much mmo and not much rpg in this game.This is what the modern gamer type wants so keep giving it to them,not a heck of a lot of thought put into this game design.
    Sad to watch the modern mmorpg's because they do little to resemble a rpg and MOST game play does NOT need a MMO setting or even a login screen.
    Economy is well beyond busted,i can only assume RMT has never been taken care of with any consistency or effort then again WHY bother,the players will keep forking over money for this exact game to continue even though a lot complain about the direction changes in the game.

LORE ??? LMAO is ANYONE serious on this matter?While running around the zones,there is almost no lore at all,just npc's with !!! over their heads and that is the ONLY reason people click them and the RACIAL setting of the zone,so be it Orcs or Tauren etc etc.
    There is more Lore foretold outside the game world,trying to build up some hype ,used as a sort of sales gimmick to sell each expansion.In reality Blizzard could just replace all the races with ONE because that is really all the game is doing,they are just place holders for the !!!.

pvp focused?? So exactly what i have been saying,superficial reasons to play,not many actual want a deep rpg or even a rpg,just a pvp playground?I feel 90% of the players only want ONE thing from the game ,be it simple questing or pvp  or dungeon runs,MAYBE and i mean likely even less than 10% want a complete rpg experience.
    deniter

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I will just say this as well then be done, you don't have to read the expanded material to have an overall concept of what is going on, the prior games, WoW, and all the expansions are all you need. I say this as somebody who has played these games for years.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Don't go rogue. We got fucked for most of Legion. Outlaw did at least.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sephiroso said:

Outlaw was different but you hadn't got "fucked" for most of the expac at all, I played Rogue and it was different but I got used to it. He is asking for next expansion in case you didn't hear a thing he actually asked.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    HaiMark said:

Sephiroso said:

Outlaw was different but you hadn't got "fucked" for most of the expac at all, I played Rogue and it was different but I got used to it. He is asking for next expansion in case you didn't hear a thing he actually asked.
    I know he's asking for next expansion. Outlaw rogue did get fucked unless you were a casual player then why does it matter what you play?

The reason Outlaw is still going to be fucked next expansion is because Roll the Bones is still a thing, at least in beta currently. This is the reason Blizzard could never properly balance Outlaw rogues and why they stayed at the bottom for almost the entirety of Legion barring the first 2 weeks when they were godlike. Having RNG in a spec isn't bad, look at fire mages with their pyro procs. But when you have a spec built entirely around 1 aspect(RtB) which is entirely RNG based, you just fuck yourself when it comes to actually trying to balance it.

The damage variance was atrocious with RtB and even after they tried to rubber band fix it with the Artifact passive change to boost SnD viability and the change to RtB itself, it didn't do enough. The skill itself was what Outlaw was built around and it showed.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!