Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders' Pack Early Access Begins on Steam - Bless - MMORPG.com

Comments

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    edited May 2018
    Played an hour but the horrid camera and fps on a 1080 ti is unacceptable. The camera was so jerky it hurt my eyes. Game seems very unfinished (very first few quests have the wrong text on Paladin and took some figuring out). Combat is boring IMO. The game really feels like it's 10 years old.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited May 2018
    Just made it to the main city. I am actually buying gear from the equipment merchant npc in the city. Its been a long time since I have had to do that since mmos now just throw everything at you from doing quest. The game seems to offers a bit of challenge because I have come close to death a few times. Bless Online has the old school eastern mmo feel to it. Reminds me of games like ArcheLord and Rappelz. So far so good!

KyleranOctagon7711MrMelGibsonWaan
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    I do have to say that the combat feels very clunky on some classes. Started as a Paladin and it felt so disjointed and wonky. Rerolled a Mage and immediately felt that it was made for this combo system. It was just so much smoother and flowed a lot better -- animations included.

Hearing similar stories about Zerker from friends. I'm guessing they have a lot of work to do on the combat system to make things flow properly. BDO/Tera both have very smooth melee combat -- I even prefer it to ranged -- but Bless definitely has some kinks to work out with the class combos/animations, especially for melee characters is seems.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I do have to say that the combat feels very clunky on some classes. Started as a Paladin and it felt so disjointed and wonky. Rerolled a Mage and immediately felt that it was made for this combo system. It was just so much smoother and flowed a lot better -- animations included.

Hearing similar stories about Zerker from friends. I'm guessing they have a lot of work to do on the combat system to make things flow properly. BDO/Tera both have very smooth melee combat -- I even prefer it to ranged -- but Bless definitely has some kinks to work out with the class combos/animations, especially for melee characters is seems.

Seems like the only class so far that has the Action Mode for combat is the Beserker. The other classes have not gotten it yet. 

https://bless-source.com/thread/18812-resolved-change-from-classic-mode-to-action-mode/
    MrMelGibsonRemyVorender
    edited May 2018
    Mikeha said:

Seems like the only class so far that has the Action Mode for combat is the Beserker. The other classes have not gotten it yet. 

https://bless-source.com/thread/18812-resolved-change-from-classic-mode-to-action-mode/
    Not sure that action mode would really chance much, honestly. It might -- So perhaps it will feel better once they've introduce the "real action combat" to the other classes. Zerker has it and I'm hearing nothing but complaints from friends on how clunky it feels in combat.

Granted, it could be because we aren't at max level, but combat should still feel satisfying even at early levels. It definitely wasn't for me with Paladin.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the combat overhaul for Bless was supposed to be two-fold: shifting from tab-targeting to "action combat" and addition of the "combo system". Currently, the combo system has been implemented on all classes, but doesn't seem to fit particularly well with some of the animations/chains. Furthermore, the "action combat" system is only in place for one class (Zerker). So, the combat oberhaul isn't nearly as "complete" as they made it seem, and doesn't feel nearly as satisfying as it should as a result. Rather, its in a weird half-finished state of kinda tab-target kinda combo-y, but the two don't really line up particularly well since it seems shoehorned in and half-finished.
  • AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Sad to hear the optimization hasn't improved. I tried playing on the jp server a while back and the optimization was very poor then. Hard to believe its still bad.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Nyctelios said:
    Bad optimized and half baked features... oh boy I can't wait to buy some cash items!
    For each character separately....

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited May 2018

Sephiroso said:

Fair warning to anyone who purchased the founder's packs with currency bonus -- cash shop currency (and ALSO items) are character bound ONLY, not account bound.

So, do not open your founder's pack items (currency included) on a character you intend to reroll, as you will lose all of your founder's items if you do at this point (currency included).

that is hilariously retarded.

I was already looking at this, and yeah I really don't want to spend $150 USD on a game that I can't share my founders items to other characters which can not even be bought in the cash shop for more money...

Also I was reading the Bless EULA, maybe I missed something, but I do not see anything there that even hints that a person can get banned for "Buying Gold" or any "Restrictions based on RMT" or "Trading in game".

https://store.steampowered.com/eula/681660_eula_0

Maybe i missed it but it just says you can't use it for commercial purposes or in other words making profit but assuming someone else besides yourself Violates the rules of that I wonder if they take action on other accounts as well.

^ Just being overly cautious about games now given some users who are in game actually do things they shouldn't.
    edited May 2018
    Renoaku said:

Sephiroso said:

Fair warning to anyone who purchased the founder's packs with currency bonus -- cash shop currency (and ALSO items) are character bound ONLY, not account bound.

So, do not open your founder's pack items (currency included) on a character you intend to reroll, as you will lose all of your founder's items if you do at this point (currency included).

that is hilariously retarded.

I was already looking at this, and yeah I really don't want to spend $150 USD on a game that I can't share my founders items to other characters which can not even be bought in the cash shop for more money...

Also I was reading the Bless EULA, maybe I missed something, but I do not see anything there that even hints that a person can get banned for "Buying Gold" or any "Restrictions based on RMT" or "Trading in game".

https://store.steampowered.com/eula/681660_eula_0

Maybe i missed it but it just says you can't use it for commercial purposes or in other words making profit but assuming someone else besides yourself Violates the rules of that I wonder if they take action on other accounts as well.

^ Just being overly cautious about games now given some users who are in game actually do things they shouldn't.
    There's no trading directly between players in the game, AFAIK. Only a BDO-style marketplace with preset prices as far as I can tell.
    Kyleran
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Zdarc said:
    I'm glad to see more like me not touching this. I think we've finally learned our lesson on these types of games. I'm sure some will love it but not for me.

I've been watching some streams and it's just a combination of Tera, BDO etc. Been there.. done that. Next!
    You think we did? Before people spent their money, was trying to point how the game is in JP (i have a good friend who's playing this) and that it can't change significantly (the idea was that if we keep buying these "games" anyway, nothing will change). Got jumped hard by the white knights. Trust me, people are so thirsty that everyone will jump on the next garbage coming from Asia, no matter what they're told. Now I'm waiting for "it's early access" excuse.

Well, at least the cash shop is good. I mean, you have to pay for the box, you can even pay a sub and you still have to extend inventory buying from the shop. Character bound. Pretty standard, right? Sad thing is, instead of them copying western devs / publishers, these western devs / publishers copy them and we get more of those box+sub+mandatory cash shop things. 
    Ginaz said:
    Syphin_B said:
    This game is absolute complete garbage.. it'll bleed out within 2 weeks
    Yup.  I already refunded it.  Optimization and English translation is dog shit.  When people struggle to get through the tutorial because they can't understand whats being asked of them, it's not a good start.  I expect crap like this from Asian MMO publishers like Aeria but at least their games are free to play, not $40 for a game that's failed twice in other markets.

You know what's funny? Aeria refused to publish this in the west :))

• sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    the game fucking suuuuck... do steam refund if you haven't played 2 hours..
    BruceYee
  • meaumixmeaumix Member UncommonPosts: 5
    simmihi said:

People keep saying that like it's a bad thing lol. If Aeria had decided to publish it, it would of been DOA with exorbitant P2W. Having Aeria attached to this game would alienate probably 80% of the MMO population before it was even released.

That being said, Neowiz self-publishing is a double-edge sword for them. They clearly don't have the experience in marketing the game correctly in the West. Bad localization etc...All things that could be handled correctly with a good external publisher.
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    meaumix said:
    simmihi said:

People keep saying that like it's a bad thing lol. If Aeria had decided to publish it, it would of been DOA with exorbitant P2W. Having Aeria attached to this game would alienate probably 80% of the MMO population before it was even released.

That being said, Neowiz self-publishing is a double-edge sword for them. They clearly don't have the experience in marketing the game correctly in the West. Bad localization etc...All things that could be handled correctly with a good external publisher.

You're definitely right, Aeria would've just pushed people away, but if even Aeria refuses to publish your game, it's because they see there's no money to be made, the game has no potential even for their standards. The official statement of gamigo was that "‘together with Neowiz we have come to the conclusion that the technical difficulties cannot be overcome, so we agreed not to complete the game for our respective markets"

The game is generic garbage optimized for 2002 (as some of us knew) and it will go down the drain in a few weeks. Charging 30+ euros for the box is no better than Aeria's extreme pay to win, in my view. At least their games are free to play... err try... whatever :)

Claiming optimization has improved but they hold no public test, no mass-scale anything videos, advertising that combat has significantly changed but not putting out any combat videos, hidding the cash shop until the last moment, practically paying streamers to promote the game... let's not blame these tactics on the "lack of experience".

BruceYee
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Even though I'm not really a fan of the game....something is a little off on these posts. Most of them seem either too far left or too far right...Cash currency being account bound is obviously a bad look but "can" be fixed if they can keep proper track of it. As for character bound items, even SE doesn't disclose this for a lot of their cosmetics (or even telling which items are able to be swapped for free between genders at the calamity salvager and which you have to pay for separately via CS).

Neowiz is smart by releasing in early access since all things are "subject to change." That being said, how long must a game be in circulation for it be considered early access. Their excuse is the game isn't finished, but is a MMORPG ever really finished? By that logic, they could stay in EA forever...

I feel like if the desperation is really that major on both sides, both camps need to come in the middle and hash out what is genuinely tolerable by today's standards (meaning what are some things that are happening that a majority of games are already doing that people overlook, not just Neowiz) and what isn't. I'd love to be wrong in the end about Bless and for the game to succeed, which will take genuine constructive criticism, not just "this game is shyte" or "it has flaws but its EA so its already for an 'EA' game."
    EponyxDamor
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    This guy is a pretty fair streamer. He usually tries to find the positive in any game he's playing. But he also tells it like it is from him his point of view.

GRMadrian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5Gx7iiB2Y

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Requested a refund after 90 minutes of play. I kinda like it, my framerates are good on a lower end computer, it looks good and it is intriguing. But the engine simply can't keep up, it stutters no matter what framerate, which ruins the entire experience and isn't easily fixed, if ever. I'll be back as soon as they sort it out, else it is way too clunky for me to play.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Redditors are blasting the game mostly due to poor optimization, gaming rigs getting 10-20 fps, and terrible localization. Too bad. I kinda like the style of it.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Logsdonb said:
    Complete disaster. Lockup’s, freezes, full servers, terrible lag the 5 minutes I was actually able to play. I have already. Requested a refund. Stay away.
    You must be new to mmo launches lol.  I've been playing long enough to know that's exactly what to expect in the head start in any mmo launch.  
    ScotKyleranEponyxDamor
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Mikeha said:

Glad to hear it.  This was the first class I planned to roll anyways.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Logsdonb said:
    Complete disaster. Lockup’s, freezes, full servers, terrible lag the 5 minutes I was actually able to play. I have already. Requested a refund. Stay away.
    You must be new to mmo launches lol.  I've been playing long enough to know that's exactly what to expect in the head start in any mmo launch.  
    Seamless launches are for soloplayer games, not massive multiplayer. Regardless of how it turns out now it is still in early access, so I wouldn't make a final judgement on whether or not to play until it actually launches anyway.
    MrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    One common thing that's been happening over the past few years for most mmorpgs as of late is DDoS attacks on launch days, so that might be something to keep in mind as well.
    MrMelGibson
  • KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101
    I enjoyed my time on the Russian version but I stayed away. Red flags, and with AIR coming they've lost the steam punk appeal
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Checked some stream and It will not live long this game, I'll stick with BDO.
    MrMelGibson
  • MeowLove11MeowLove11 Member CommonPosts: 1
    For those who want an actual honest review from a person that isn't a salty idiot, I Been playing for a few hours now with my crew. Honest opinion... the game isn't bad.

It's not fucking gold or anything but it's a solid MMO. I'm impressed that it's not shit.

There was a few burps and queues connecting, and some server maintence here and there, but once I got in, I didn't really lag at all. I expected it with the volume of people trying to play at once. It was reasonable to assume there'd be some connection problems, but honestly stormblood and archeage releases were wayyyyyyy worse.

The optimization was drastically improved from the RU version. I am getting mostly 60 fps. Some places it's a little choppy but nothing major.

Quests are voiced over and the voices are actually nice and the acting is decent.

The combat is nothing special but nothing bad. It's also different and takes time to get used to.

There's no P2W bullshit in the shop. There's cosmetics, a pvp safe thingie, some pets and mounts, and a few EXP boosts, which some people may consider P2W but I consider it pay to go faster, which is fine with me. As long as nothing give stats I'm cool. Besides partying up gives exp boosts so no big deal.

This reaction is accurate>

Over all I give it a solid C+
    Give it a go.

OrinoriKyleranMrMelGibson
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    The worst thing I see about the game so far are the comments about the game.