Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - New $27,000 Pack

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
IselinViper482Octagon7711NildenScotJamesGoblinMadFrenchieAsheramSeelinnikoiEponyxDamorand 1 other.

Comments

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    WOW...Its hard to believe people actually buy this stuff at this cost....They put 27,000 buck towards somthing that might fail....
    [Deleted User]bartoni33Scot
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Incoming CIG Protection Paladin Erillion in 3...2...1...
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]bartoni33MaurgrimIceDarkAsheramEponyxDamorgoobsnewsNephethNebilim

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I just payed $53,000 to start a business on franchise fees alone. I don't know why I'm saying it, but i guess for half what I put down, I could get everything in a game that has a very high likelihood of failure. Just like a small business. 

Cryomatrix
    TsiyaLackingMMOOdeezee
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    WOW...Its hard to believe people actually buy this stuff at this cost....They put 27,000 buck towards somthing that might fail....
    Even if it doesn't fail, I don't think I'd want to play a game and get to know other players who would pay this for pixels in a game.
    NildencheyaneScotchUp
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Iselin said:
    Even if it doesn't fail, I don't think I'd want to play a game and get to know other players who would pay this for pixels in a game.
    I  would, I need some rich friends I can sponge from.

:)
    IselinOctagon7711[Deleted User]Nilden[Deleted User]synnScotcheyaneAlbatroesMadFrenchieand 1 other.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    What a joke of a game.
    MaurgrimNebilim
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited May 2018
    I just payed $53,000 to start a business on franchise fees alone. I don't know why I'm saying it, but i guess for half what I put down, I could get everything in a game that has a very high likelihood of failure. Just like a small business. 

Cryomatrix
    Except, your taking a risk to make a profit. Anyone investing that kind of money in a game is doing it for the pixels.

BTW, I wish you well with your business. 
    Cryomatrixbartoni33IceDark

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Viper482 said:
    What a joke of a game.
    Except when it comes to monetization, then they are not joking at all.
    Scot

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I cannot even remotely believe that they're still begging for money, or that anyone out there is dense enough to be forking it over.

When they started making this game, I didn't have any teenage kids.  Now all three of them are teenagers.

The game was supposed to be released in 2014.  It's halfway through 2018 and they don't even have a working beta yet.  Where's Squadron 42?  Last I heard it had a 2016 release date.  How many of the hundreds of ships they've sold to players have fully rendered, working models?

Most AAA MMO Titles built from scratch take 3-5 years until they're fully released.  They've blown far past that and are still dropping alpha releases.

I really don't want something like this to fail, but my God, the whole endeavor just looks fishier and fishier with each passing year.
    bartoni33Nebilim
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited May 2018
    Hey guys I'm selling a hand drawn piece of artwork I drew in MSPaint in about 3 minutes for $500,000. This artwork is in alpha though. You need to pay $500,000 per pixel until the picture is fully revealed.

Hmu, 50% off.
    ScotScotchUpNebilim
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Image result for star citizen memes
    AsheramOdeezee

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I don't get it, is this game only for the wealthy in real life?  I mean hey if that's what their going for that's fine do your thing, but I haven't seen nearly enough to want to give them 60 for the game.  I think i'm missing something.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2018
    The pledges on SC past the price of the game package itself were always pricey so when one puts its 117 ships and +160 other things in a bundle, it goes to places haha

Tho this is not even available to buy publicly for everyone, you'd have to contact them directly if you ever want to pledge that much, if anyone even would considering the higher level backers would only get the same things they had repeated lol
    aliven
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    No bunny post? Huh, maybe even they collapsed from shock.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    I don't get it, is this game only for the wealthy in real life?  I mean hey if that's what their going for that's fine do your thing, but I haven't seen nearly enough to want to give them 60 for the game.  I think i'm missing something.
    You only need the starter package, which is around 50 bucks (depending on where you live). At some point it was as low as 20. Everything else you can get in game after the game has launched, for in game money only.  No need for extra real life cash.

So ... no, its not only for the wealthy.

You can support the crowdfunding project with as much money as you like. With any package you like. Keep in mind, however, that you can only fly one ship at a time. And some ships are designated multi-player ships (with option for NPC crew) - they will not operate at peak efficiency when flown solo.

Have fun
    DiscipledOnerawfoxOdeezee
    SalmonMan said:
    No bunny post? Huh, maybe even they collapsed from shock.
    At some point you may understand the concept of time zones and sleep.

Not today, obviously.

Have fun
    Odeezee
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2018
    Kyleran said:

True.

I had a friend that just sees a videogame and SPENDS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLY can, he got the max package for SC then, the 15k, he spent even more on World of Tanks, he is just unstoppable with money spending on games.

The moment he buys a 1.5k bundle on an online game time ago and he got bored after playing a few days I just poker'face. 

I even tried to talk him out of why even spending 15k out of sudden he got offended (consider he had not even played before he bought that lol) , there are quite a few people out there like that, they have the money and they don't really think twice.

Hence why the offer exists.

AND I don't complain because when my PC broke down he gave me 700$ to buy a new one :D
    Kyleranbartoni33
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    OhhPaigey said:
    Hey guys I'm selling a hand drawn piece of artwork I drew in MSPaint in about 3 minutes for $500,000. This artwork is in alpha though. You need to pay $500,000 per pixel until the picture is fully revealed.

Hmu, 50% off.
    You could go professional and be a monetization designer.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Image result for star citizen memes
    That is something that i expect more and more in the future.

When Generation Gamer starts to hit retirement homes, they will have something to spend their sleepless nights with ... computer games. Think about it .... they need only 3-4 hours of sleep anyway, cannot move around easily, need little food and drink, are used to repetitive grind (after a lifetime of work) etc.   Their reflexes may not be the best anymore, but old and wicked beats young and naive more often than not.  Sounds like a perfect EVE Online squad commander ;-)

Have fun

BabuinixSpottyGekkotawess
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Funny quote from the comments on Massively:

Bryan Correll

the pack is visible only to people who have already paid $1000

Wait….is this a game or is it a branch of Scientology?

Kyleranbartoni33ScotET3DMadFrenchieFrodoFraginsOdeezeealivenNephethNebilim
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:

True.

I had a friend that just sees a videogame and SPENDS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLY can, he got the max package for SC then, the 15k, he spent even more on World of Tanks, he is just unstoppable with money spending on games.

The moment he buys a 1.5k bundle on an online game time ago and he got bored after playing a few days I just poker'face. 

I even tried to talk him out of why even spending 15k out of sudden he got offended (consider he had not even played before he bought that lol) , there are quite a few people out there like that, they have the money and they don't really think twice.

Hence why the offer exists.

AND I don't complain because when my PC broke down he gave me 700$ to buy a new one :D
    Does he need any new friends?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    L M A O
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    This just goes to prove what we have noticed in gaming since cash shops first opened their doors, there is no limit. No limit to the amounts, the ways you pre-pay, pay and gamble.

You put up 1k and only then find other players are putting up 27k, it is an obvious "keeping up with the Jones's" tactic. At this rate I see a 50k pack announced just before they soft launch.
    Kyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    They have definitely tapped into something here.
    Chamber of Chains