Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Critic John 'Totalbiscuit' Bain Passes Away - MMORPG.com News

1235»

Comments

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,654
    Some people are like pigs; They will hop in any opportunity to drag everyone in the mud with them.

I need a bigger ignore list. Mine is capped.
    TheScavengerAeanderSedrynTyrosMisterZebubVestigeGamerGhavrigg
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,561
    That's a shame to hear. Was slightly annoying person to me who had a valid viewpoint that was different to many others. The internet won't be the same without him.
    Ghavrigg

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,955
    edited May 2018
    live by social media die by it I have never wished death on anyone in my 52 years on this planet

Its kind of interesting how some here think he should be immune to criticism because he was a popular game critic popular the keyword. Do you run obituaries for others that died in the same day? I guess I am a pig.
    TamanousGobstopper3D
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,388

redcore said:

i just laugh hard when i see "my prayers to..." stop talking crap people. you never pray for anyone. btw prayers never help - so you are not helping either

It sad such ignorance, intolerance, hatred and bigotry is so common and accepted today. It's a shame this site has allowed this ignorant, intolerant ,bigotry to stay on this site so long. I am sure I can guess what side of the aisle this intolerant prick sits on.

On topic I am not afraid of bullies like @redcore even if sites like this encourage and allow people like him to spew their hatred.  I will offer my thoughts and prayers to "totalbiscuits" family and friends.  You know what Red I am even going to throw a prayer your way. 
    He's right though. If you want to do something to help me, either say or, preferably, DO something concrete. Prayers etc won't help. I personally have no use for such empty gestures.
    Aeanderbartoni33
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,055
    Gorwe said:

redcore said:

i just laugh hard when i see "my prayers to..." stop talking crap people. you never pray for anyone. btw prayers never help - so you are not helping either

It sad such ignorance, intolerance, hatred and bigotry is so common and accepted today. It's a shame this site has allowed this ignorant, intolerant ,bigotry to stay on this site so long. I am sure I can guess what side of the aisle this intolerant prick sits on.

On topic I am not afraid of bullies like @redcore even if sites like this encourage and allow people like him to spew their hatred.  I will offer my thoughts and prayers to "totalbiscuits" family and friends.  You know what Red I am even going to throw a prayer your way. 
    He's right though. If you want to do something to help me, either say or, preferably, DO something concrete. Prayers etc won't help. I personally have no use for such empty gestures.
    You don't get it and neither does Red. How you feel, what you want, what you believe, it does not matter. This is about somebody else, you don't matter right now.

Telling others their grieving or mourning is wrong and/or ineffective is downright insulting and shows a great lack of respect, maturity and decency.

When you die prematurely due to a horrible disease and there is a thread about you, we will honor your wishes and beliefs, this however is not the place for them.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ScotGobstopper3DNycteliosVestigeGamer
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Gorwe said:

redcore said:

Sorry it was mentioned by the OP to keep your ignorant, intolerant , bigotry to yourself and to keep the conversation on the passing of the person.  I get those like you  can't hold up on an opportunity to be ignorant , intolerant and a bigot though.  
    GhavriggAeanderbartoni33
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,654
    Asheram said:
    live by social media die by it I have never wished death on anyone in my 52 years on this planet

Its kind of interesting how some here think he should be immune to criticism because he was a popular game critic popular the keyword. Do you run obituaries for others that died in the same day? I guess I am a pig.
    I won't enter in the merit of respecting the moment so how about some simple logic: 

Is this thread about that? No. So if you want to discuss it open a new thread somewhere in this forum about it instead of trying to derail some thread to push your agenda.
    cheyaneVestigeGamerScot
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Rest in peace, Totalbiscuit.  Thank you for what you've done for gamers and our hobby.  You will be missed.
    Aeander

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,112
    Gorwe said:

redcore said:

Sorry it was mentioned by the OP to keep your ignorant, intolerant , bigotry to yourself and to keep the conversation on the passing of the person.  I get those like you  can't hold up on an opportunity to be ignorant , intolerant and a bigot though.  
    The only person who has been an ignorant, intolerant bigot is yourself. 

When others said, "actually we believe something different for these reasons," you took the time to insult and talk down to us. You religious types are so offended at the idea of other belief systems even existing that you become the very thing you claim to hate - intolerant. 

This world has had so very many gods. Who is to say that the Norse were wrong? Or the Greeks? Or the Hindu? Or the Buddhists? Or the Taoists? Or the Mayans? Or the Aztecs? Or any other religion that has ever existed or will ever exist? Or maybe, just maybe, the atheists - the one group that have existed since the beginning of human history - are correct. 

Declaring yourself one thing is to inherently reject other ideas. The test of your character then becomes seeing how you treat people who made a different decision. And you, as yet another person who claims persecution while bashing someone else's skull in with a Bible, have failed that test.
    bartoni33MadFrenchieVestigeGamer
This discussion has been closed.