Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Exploring Monetization with Neowiz - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBless - Exploring Monetization with Neowiz - MMORPG.com

We recently learned a lot more about Bless Online after a press event. However, the game's monetization emerged as one of the most controversial aspects stemming from the event. We had the opportunity to chat with Neowiz about the concerns of the community and to submit questions for clarification on the issue. Read on!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Cool Beans
    jimmywolfnigelcann
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Looks good so far and yay no loot boxes, that makes me happy. I'm not seeing any P2W here, and the activity point to lumena transfer is a great idea. At least I hope it is, all depends on how you earn activity points I guess.
    Tom272MrMelGibsonManWithNoTanchojin2k
  • OmegaXtcOmegaXtc Member UncommonPosts: 36
    "no P2W elements except buffs that make you progress and win faster... woops!"
    XingbairongSignexBrunlinTom272TraciatimSamhaelxmentychojin2kCryolitycalsighlenceand 1 other.
  • arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    this whiny community will find someting to call p2w anyway
    SBFordMikehaSignexShaihubyitchmonTom272GrunimStoneRoseswingoodMrMelGibsonand 6 others.
  • MrdGamezMrdGamez Member UncommonPosts: 58
    MMORPG: With the Buy to Play model there will be a currency conversion, is there a set conversion rate between in game currency and Lumena?

NEOWIZ: The conversion rate is already fixed. Through the “Activity Point - Lumena” exchange system, users can obtain 50 Lumena, which is the maximum number of Lumena that can be obtained in one day. Lumena cannot be exchanged into Activity Points.

Non-paying users can also obtain Activity Points by playing the in-game contents, accumulate them and use the “Activity Point - Lumena” exchange system to purchase items at the Lumena store.

So this means that non Premium players will have the option to exchange Activity Point to Lumena. Now the big question is "what is the exchange rate on that exactly?", and "How much Activity Points can you earn each day?" this they did not tell us ofc.... Anyone that has an idea?
  • casshernsincasshernsin Member UncommonPosts: 5

OmegaXtc said:

I would of thought the same if not for the fact I have played JP, levelling up isn't hard and progressing is quite easy, as a matter of fact I feel that the monthly subscription is quite lacking
    BrunlinCelciusF2Plague
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

OmegaXtc said:

I would of thought the same if not for the fact I have played JP, levelling up isn't hard and progressing is quite easy, as a matter of fact I feel that the monthly subscription is quite lacking

That's why I never understood the point of leveling boosts. In most modern MMORPG's you run into extremely quick progression so the leveling boosts are either pointless or just a way to hit cap a tiny bit faster. The only games I've ever played where it actually matters were L2 and BDO, and only because those games you have to grind for hours and hours. I'm not 100% sure on how leveling in Bless works but I'm assuming theres a cap? If you played the JP version, maybe the NA version will be different I just can't imagine it will be too different.
    ManWithNoTan
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Sounds reasonable as most cash shops do for the first 30-90 days, and then all hell starts breaking loose...(see RIFT, AA, BnS, BDO, etc...) I want to know how much the peace pledges and skill tree resets cost.
    Hariken
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Zamuro said:
    2 things i hate:
    1. a chance to successfully craft/enchant an item. FUCKING ASIAN GAMES... "please buy our ench stones so the chance is higher and u dont lose all ur enchants or break the whole item..." soooooooo so so fucking dumb system.
    2. the fucking subscription
    3. theres a third possible thing but not know for sure right now - the stuff in the cash shop will probably cost a lot of lumena and u wont be able to buy much with 10$. maybe a single not so good costume/skin and for the nice ones u will have to pay 20$ which is absolutely dumb since the game costs 30$. and as someone said above me how bad the 50 lumena max per day actually is. 24 days of lumena farm=10$
    The subscription isn't necessary, and doesn't really benefit you as much as most games (people were saying in another thread that the pickaxes are extremely cheap with in game money). The temporary buffs don't effect stats, so we can assume they will be EXP related or something like that. 

Enchanting systems like that are popular in this type of game because RNG keeps people playing. I can say most games that have this type of enchant system do not have items in the cash shop to help enchant. 

It sounds to me more like you have a bone to pick with "asian games" as you put it, so maybe Bless just isn't for you?
    MYTHGuy
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Lot of P2W right there from the get-go.
    BrunlinMrMelGibsonRhygarth
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I still don't understand how progressing faster though the content compared to other players isn't a p2w feature in everyone's eyes, but I guess those that don't see it as such are the ones that like having advantanges.

Also as was mentioned we haven't seen any prices yet, but I'll make a bet that the 50 lumera you can earn daily will be pointless. It will take probably at least 3-4 hours of doing stuff that often times you might not want to even do, so paying will be the easier way to go.

Lastly skill reset is only with lumera... you gotta be kidding me.

Literally the more I learn about the game the less expectations I'm starting to have. It seems like I'll be playing PoE's new league instead of this the way things are going which is sad because I was waiting for this game for a good year and a half maybe 2 years.
    BruceYee
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

OmegaXtc said:

Leveling up in our version will be harder then the JP version. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that they made the mobs harder.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Oh look at that, the subscription is $14.99. Interesting. Let me keep an eye on this thread participants now.

DMKano said:

MrdGamez said:

MMORPG: With the Buy to Play model there will be a currency conversion, is there a set conversion rate between in game currency and Lumena?

NEOWIZ: The conversion rate is already fixed. Through the “Activity Point - Lumena” exchange system, users can obtain 50 Lumena, which is the maximum number of Lumena that can be obtained in one day. Lumena cannot be exchanged into Activity Points.

Non-paying users can also obtain Activity Points by playing the in-game contents, accumulate them and use the “Activity Point - Lumena” exchange system to purchase items at the Lumena store.

So this means that non Premium players will have the option to exchange Activity Point to Lumena. Now the big question is "what is the exchange rate on that exactly?", and "How much Activity Points can you earn each day?" this they did not tell us ofc.... Anyone that has an idea?

They are not disclosing fully because they don't want players to know yet.

We know that max lumena per day for exchange points = 50.

We don't know how much grind/dungeons/crafting that will require.

We also don't know the actual lumena pricing in the cash shop - a full list with all the prices would be nice.

We have to wait til release so that we can calculate:

Effort per day needed to get 50 lumena

How much lumena per each cash shop item

Then we can calculate = how much effort is needed to obtain each item
    vs.
    Straight up buying lumena packs

BrunlinMrMelGibsonJamesGoblinMoonffangd_20
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited May 2018

I still don't understand how progressing faster though the content compared to other players isn't a p2w feature in everyone's eyes, but I guess those that don't see it as such are the ones that like having advantanges.

Also as was mentioned we haven't seen any prices yet, but I'll make a bet that the 50 lumera you can earn daily will be pointless. It will take probably at least 3-4 hours of doing stuff that often times you might not want to even do, so paying will be the easier way to go.

Lastly skill reset is only with lumera... you gotta be kidding me.

Literally the more I learn about the game the less expectations I'm starting to have. It seems like I'll be playing PoE's new league instead of this the way things are going which is sad because I was waiting for this game for a good year and a half maybe 2 years.

The more information we get adds up and those that can read between the lines understand this might be all along a planned "Trojan Horse" by Neowiz. But we don't know yet till release so we gotta wait and see.
    Xingbairong
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47

OmegaXtc said:

read all they write again & tell me where they say WIN faster .. exp faster have NEVER make people best player in any game you can be at max lvl you will not be the only one & in any case if you are the first max lvl you wont be the best player of the univers able to one hit everyone like its the case in others games ... so no its not in any case a pay to win .. you dont win anything to level faster exept the fact that faster you lvl faster you get bored to play end game content repetidly ...
    BrunlinMrMelGibsonultimateduck
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
    It's going to be hilarious to see when those carebeer pots start getting used strategically by guilds. I don't think they really thought that through. They sure as hell didn't have a pros/cons discussion before they slapped it up on their little SCRUM board.

Groups won't just be interacting with each other in formal RVR. There's going to be many informal dust ups especially at end game.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    DMKano said:
    Zamuro said:
    2 things i hate:
    1. a chance to successfully craft/enchant an item. FUCKING ASIAN GAMES... "please buy our ench stones so the chance is higher and u dont lose all ur enchants or break the whole item..." soooooooo so so fucking dumb system.

I can agree with point #1 

The whole RNG upgrade system where item has a miniscule RNG% to succeed upgrade and a huge RNG% to fail upgrade (causing delevling or worse destroying items like BDO and AA used to have before they removed the item destruction) - worst system ever.

Instead of crap RNG upgrade - just make components take a lot more effort.

Just 100% dislike RNG equipment upgrade systems with delevels and item loss - /worst_idea_ever
    for all the things wrong with tera, the item progression and item upgrading system as it is right now is great. when you fail, your next attempt has a higher chance of succeeding but it isn't capped (like in BDO). you will eventually reach 100% chance to enchant if you are unlucky enough. it costs a lot of money to upgrade but it gives you incentive to play the game more.
    MrMelGibsonultimateduck
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    That's a good deal of information. Much to think about.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

DMKano said:

MrdGamez said:

They are not disclosing fully because they don't want players to know yet.

We know that max lumena per day for exchange points = 50.

We don't know how much grind/dungeons/crafting that will require.

We also don't know the actual lumena pricing in the cash shop - a full list with all the prices would be nice.

We have to wait til release so that we can calculate:

Effort per day needed to get 50 lumena

How much lumena per each cash shop item

Then we can calculate = how much effort is needed to obtain each item
    vs.
    Straight up buying lumena packs

You lost all credibility on the last tinfoil hat scenario. You were literally wrong in every way possible with the subscription bonuses. Won't stop you though, I'm sure.
    StoneRoses
    When you reach max lvl 45, your XP bar will keep filling up with all activities you do Quest/killing mobs and so on everything that yields experience from kills will give you XP. Once that XP bar is maxed out you will get GEM stones to improve your class abilities (something like in BDO only BDO goes by levels).

Knowing the above do you still think the 20% XP boost (from sub) + the 20% XP boots that you can buy from cash shop with real money (Plus the potential XP boost from pets if that happens), won't give you any advantage powering up your character V.S some one that has no premium sub and is not spending real money for boost in the Cash Shop?

I know you guys will say but but you poor gamers cannot afford a sub and cash shop bohoo you.. Right? Well maybe it is just the fact that it is in the game that angers a lot of MMORPG players and not the fact who can and who cannot buy these boosts. Ofc you will have no lifers never less what system or boost you sell but with this what they have atm, it will wider the gap even more between the players that will have a drastic effect for the Longevity of the game.
    Xingbairong
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 682
    edited May 2018

Some players, like myself, couldn't give a rats behind if someone gets to max level before us in a long term MMO type game. I play games for the journey, not for the point where I feel like there's nothing left to do. In my mind there IS no winning in an MMO type game, even with considering PvP.

In any game I've played it doesn't matter what level I am. I can still kill monsters, and I can still play PvP with other similarly leveled people. Level 1 rat killing and PvP is very similar to level ??? ??? killing and PvP. Just different looking equipment, and different looking skills. It's all just visuals and numbers in the end.
    StoneRoseswingoodDaRedHawk

MrdGamez said:

When you reach max lvl 45, your XP bar will keep filling up with all activities you do Quest/killing mobs and so on everything that yields experience from kills will give you XP. Once that XP bar is maxed out you will get GEM stones to improve your class abilities (something like in BDO only BDO goes by levels).

Knowing the above do you still think the 20% XP boost (from sub) + the 20% XP boots that you can buy from cash shop with real money (Plus the potential XP boost from pets if that happens), won't give you any advantage powering up your character V.S some one that has no premium sub and is not spending real money for boost in the Cash Shop?

I know you guys will say but but you poor gamers cannot afford a sub and cash shop bohoo you.. Right? Well maybe it is just the fact that it is in the game that angers a lot of MMORPG players and not the fact who can and who cannot buy these boosts. Ofc you will have no lifers never less what system or boost you sell but with this what they have atm, it will wider the gap even more between the players that will have a drastic effect for the Longevity of the game.

Doubt that people who don't realize that having XP buffs offered as a bonus to the premium and having it as an option in the store shows enough that earning fast XP matters will understand that that's a p2w mechanic even if you explain it to them.

Either way 6 days left. We will have our answer in 6 days. Well maybe this particular question will take few days till enough players hit max level and show us whether that matters or not, however I have the feeling that the XP advantage will be the least of our worries.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Worst info isn't about the box cost, the sub cost, the cash shop, its the atrocious RNG enhancement systems that korean games love to have in their game.
    BrunlinWarlyxStoneRosesMauerickManWithNoTan[Deleted User]
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.

sschrupp said:

Some players, like myself, couldn't give a rats behind if someone gets to max level before us in a long term MMO type game. I play games for the journey, not for the point where I feel like there's nothing left to do. In my mind there IS no winning in an MMO type game, even with considering PvP.

In any game I've played it doesn't matter what level I am. I can still kill monsters, and I can still play PvP with other similarly leveled people. Level 1 rat killing and PvP is very similar to level ??? ??? killing and PvP. Just different looking equipment, and different looking skills. It's all just visuals and numbers in the end.

There is no winning in MMO-type games, but there is losing and by losing I mean the game dying out because there aren't as many people like you who don't care about equality.

XP bonuses it seems will matter after max level, so you will always be behind if you don't have them.
    People will gear up faster, will destroy others in PVP and those that get destroyed will get discouraged and will give up on the game. The population of the game will dwindle and not long after even dedicated players will start playing less and less because there aren't enough people to play with/against.
    What's more is there a game out there that has 1 p2w aspect and doesn't have more. The mere fact that this is in the game already shows that the devs don't realize what equality is and there will be more stuff.
    Also skill resets must be bought with real money. This one doesn't even deserve being commented.

That's why I say that p2w aspects matter. Because they usually spell doom for the game.

The most sure-way to see whether the game is a cash grab will be the Lumera conversion. If it takes you 50 hours of playing to get $10 worth of Lumera, then it's obviously a mechanic in the game they putted in just, so that they can say "we've given you the option, don't complain it doesn't exist."

Honestly the more they show the more the game feels like a quick cash grab.

BruceYee
  • DisantiaDisantia Member UncommonPosts: 50
    edited May 2018
    If this game has the typical koren enhancement system for gear, then there's bound to be items in the cash shop that "help" with that. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was a normal mmo at lvl cap. But it's going to be open pvp most of the time. Hardest part about upgrading gear is the RNG, getting the mats/etc is fairly easy the majority of the time. Depending on how the gear upgrade works and what they put in the cash shop to "help" it will make a pretty big impact.

Also, going by the prices like $10 for 1200 lumena, stuff is going to be pretty high. $10 rarely ever gets you much in any cash shop much less a korean grinder. I'd say a skill reset is probably 1k lumena and the pvp pots 500 or so. Skins/outfits are more than likely going to be at the $20 range.
    Warlyx