Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soulmaster and Hawkey gameplay for upcoming CB3 testing.

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Soulmaster looks awesome. 
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    I don't know. Looks like fun to me
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
    All I've seen from Project TL is pre-cooked combat videos. Lost Ark for as stagnated that process has been has all types of features from crafting, gathering, etc. 

What changed? I want to see. I need some MMORPG hype.

*EDIT*
    https://youtu.be/c2wiZO80Myo?t=42s

If I would have done all that and missed. I would have been BIG MAD!  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Hmm the whole mechanic of stunning mobs and just moving/bunching them together like stiff 2D board cutouts just looks bad to me.

Its also super cheezy.

i do agree and take your points  but i do think these type of games can be fun but maybe for a short time,ark does look a step up from diablo and other similar games.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    DMKano said:
    Hmm the whole mechanic of stunning mobs and just moving/bunching them together like stiff 2D board cutouts just looks bad to me.

Its also super cheezy.

I think Lost Ark is losing its edge to NCSoft project TL big time, Lost Ark has been so delayed for so long its starting to look dated already in comparison to TL

Do you have some additional information regarding TL?  As far was I was told, it's just a salvage job from Lineage Eternal -- Which has been around for roughly the same time as Lost Ark when it comes to information.  Given that we've only been shown a few in-game cinematics and a few gameplay scenes (both of which were tailor made by marketing), I'd say this a pretty bold statement.

Logically speaking, a game that has been in development without the need to change so drastically due to an overwhelmingly more popular game -- and has been implementing changes after several closed beta tests based on feedback -- is miles ahead of anything we can only make guesses on.

It just seems a pretty bold statement to make even if one supplies "I think" along with adding a fairly carefully worded "edge".  For all we know TL could just be 95% Lineage with some marketing thrown in, along with a new team just building on it.  It makes me recall you giving some pretty harsh criticism for Lost Ark right around the release of the first testing era, as well as stating your support for Devalian.  Speaking a love (like?) for Devalian's combat systems and saying Lost Ark's combos and abilities are lacking.  Though the two posts might've been exclusive of each other.  Just remember wondering if you had a stake in Devalian, as I gave a personal statement regarding it and how it will likely shut down by the beginning of 2018.

That said, I'll likely play both as more games equals more fun.  Especially if they have differing payment models.  The marketing TL provided was right up my fantasy nerd alley.  But it just seems like a bold opinion when we know the massive amount of content Lost Ark has -- to the point that, yeah, it has massive feature creep and probably too much to it.  Which could turn off quite a bit of people.  No doubt it has been in development for a long time and people lose interest over time -- but if marketed right, that interest quickly returns.  We can see this with TL in itself... even if that required a rebranding and an announcement that a new team took over it.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.