Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don’t Sleep On These Marvel Strike Force Characters - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDon’t Sleep On These Marvel Strike Force Characters - MMORPG.com

Anyone who’s played Marvel Strike Force long enough is likely familiar with all of the meta characters at this point, but there are quite a few characters that can shine in specific compositions or other areas of the game that you really shouldn’t sleep on. Let’s go through a couple of ‘em today.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I feel like Bullseye is a great sleeper character for single target dps. If you can keep him alive long enough to use his 3rd power, look out. He is really deadly the more you invest into him
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Say whatever you want, but I think Marvel Heroes Omega was a planned shutdown to pave way for this game.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Say whatever you want, but I think Marvel Heroes Omega was a planned shutdown to pave way for this game.
    That was kind of the running theory. Strike force isn't in the same league though. 

But rumor also has it the The Avengers Project was the real reason, strike force was just the opportunity that hit first. 
    ScottJeslis

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Mobile game.
    Unfortunately, I found the game to be more of a "sleeper" than any of the characters. Just couldn't make myself log in every day.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]ScotMrMelGibson
    edited May 2018

Torval said:

That was kind of the running theory. Strike force isn't in the same league though. 

But rumor also has it the The Avengers Project was the real reason, strike force was just the opportunity that hit first. 

Is this a mobile game or a PC ARPG or fighting game like Infinite Marvel vs Capcom? I watched the video but couldn't tell.

Mobile, I despise mobile gaming but this one got me. I dont know if its the Marvel universe  or just the simplicity of a casual time killer but its alot of fun.

Basically you build a team from the Marvel universe and have turn based battles. Its the usual mobile lock out wait 5 hours for more energy or buy it mobile crap but i havent spent a dime yet. Its a fun little game if you like turn based and Marvel
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Samhael said:
    Mobile game.
    Unfortunately, I found the game to be more of a "sleeper" than any of the characters. Just couldn't make myself log in every day.
    I'll be honest, If this was any other IP other than Marvel im not sure id be playing. We really need more Marvel games, MMO? Yes please
    ScottJeslis
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Torval said:
    Thanks for explaining. Mobile's a deal breaker for me, but I appreciate the explanation.
    Yeah it's unfortunate.  I don't mind mobile games, but this one I just can't bring myself to get into. 

But keep an eye on The Avengers Project.  It'll be the one to watch for.  Spider Man will be a good game, but it'll be a mostly solo game. The Avengers Project is going to be a shared world 3rd person game.  
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

thunderC said:

Samhael said:

Mobile game.

I'll be honest, If this was any other IP other than Marvel im not sure id be playing. We really need more Marvel games, MMO? Yes please

MMO? Yes, please. I'm right there with you. Unfortunately, Strike Force only left me with a hankering for a real MMO. MHO was ok but I'd like to be able to create my own character so that I feel at least *some* ownership of it. Something more along the lines of CoH than DCUO.
    JeffSpicoli
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

thunderC said:

Samhael said:

Mobile game.

Keep an eye out for Avengers Project at E3. I'm hoping it shows and that it looks good.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    MikeB said:

thunderC said:

Samhael said:

Mobile game.

Keep an eye out for Avengers Project at E3. I'm hoping it shows and that it looks good.
    Word on the street is it'll be a Marvel "Destiny" game.  Looking forward to it. 
    JeffSpicoli

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    Thanks for explaining. Mobile's a deal breaker for me, but I appreciate the explanation.
    It also requires a mobile device and service.  If I bought into a cell phone, that cost cuts my entertainment budget out completely (plus some).  Also, why does anyone need to be in contact with me 24/7?  They'd never call anyway.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Torval said:
    It also requires a mobile device and service.  If I bought into a cell phone, that cost cuts my entertainment budget out completely (plus some).  Also, why does anyone need to be in contact with me 24/7?  They'd never call anyway.
    You could emulate.. but most people have smart phones now. 

• etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Wish my phone could run it lol. Likewise I hope it comes to steam doubt it though.

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It's a pretty fun phone game, but got a little tiring after a bit. Gave me something to do while bored. 
  • feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited May 2018
    How does one level up the various characters you unlock as the game goes on? I'm lvl 51 and just got Jessica Jones for example but after training and equipping my core five team I've got less than few resources left over to gear and level and train up her skills too. At least without spending real world cash
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited May 2018
    I've been playing since launch, and run a successful Alliance . First off, Jessica Jones is horrible. This was terrible advice. No one listen to it unless you want to invest in a shit character. Other than Nebula and maybe Hawkeye the rest are meh.

Best Protectors(tanks) in game: Captain America, Drax, Thanos, Kingpin and Crossbones for arena. Hulk sucks, way too slow.

Best brawlers: Gamora, Nebula, Wolverine, Daredevil, Black Panther, Deadpool

Best Contollers: Vision, Quake, Black widow, Hawkeye, Nobu, Ronan. Jessica Jones is bottom on that class.

Best Support: Night Nurse, Doctor Strange, Yondu, Nick Fury, Hand Sorceress if you have a Hand team.

Best Blasters: Before I start I want to mention that Blasters for the most part are shit right now. I don't run a single Blaster in my A or B team. They are squishy as hell and have very low health so always an easy target. But a few are ok.

Bullseye, Korath the Punished, Winter Soldier, Cable, Iron man, Rocket Raccoon. Punisher is mediocre at best. And sadly Thor is as much of a shit character as Hulk. Same thing, way too slow.

Ideal setup for arena is at least 2 Protectors(tanks), and the rest brawler and support/controllers.

My current A team setup is: Drax, Crossbones, Nebula, Yondu, Wolverine. But will be replacing Wolverine with Captain America soon.  Last time i checked I'm currently ranked in Arena 212.

If anyone has any questions I'll happily answer them if I have the answer.
    Post edited by MrMelGibson on

feztonio said:

How does one level up the various characters you unlock as the game goes on? I'm lvl 51 and just got Jessica Jones for example but after training and equipping my core five team I've got less than few resources left over to gear and level and train up her skills too. At least without spending real world cash

You don't have to spend anything. Just have to be patient and work on your characters a little bit everyday. My Drax is level 60 tier 10 gear. The other 4 are level 60 and tier 9. I've spent a total of $1.99 since starting.

Also, do yourself a favor and don't invest anymore into JJ. She sucks really bad.

thunderC said:

I feel like Bullseye is a great sleeper character for single target dps. If you can keep him alive long enough to use his 3rd power, look out. He is really deadly the more you invest into him

I wouldnt invest in him, but go nuts. At top tier I don't think I've seen one arena team with him. But I did gear and level him some for the Blaster challenge. He just dies way too fast.

thunderC said:

Torval said:

Is this a mobile game or a PC ARPG or fighting game like Infinite Marvel vs Capcom? I watched the video but couldn't tell.

Mobile, I despise mobile gaming but this one got me. I dont know if its the Marvel universe  or just the simplicity of a casual time killer but its alot of fun.

Basically you build a team from the Marvel universe and have turn based battles. Its the usual mobile lock out wait 5 hours for more energy or buy it mobile crap but i havent spent a dime yet. Its a fun little game if you like turn based and Marvel

This is literally just a clone of Star Wars: Galaxy of heroes. If you like that IP, check that one out as well.
    [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018

Torval said:

@Torval The crazy thing for me. This game, Star wars:GoH and couple other mobile games have been more social and more forced group content than any mmo I've played in years. In this game you have your solo side. But for the best rewards (especially for upgrading characters) you have to be in a guild and participate in guild events and raids. I'm always in contact with my guild mates with the LINE app. Easier to coordinate with the officers for raids and events. Anything worth getting requires group participation.

At times it reminds me of those good old days back in WoW BC when I was running a hardcore raiding guild.
    [Deleted User]

Torval said:

@Torval The crazy thing for me. This game, Star wars:GoH and couple other mobile games have been more social and more forced group content than any mmo I've played in years. In this game you have your solo side. But for the best rewards (especially for upgrading characters) you have to be in a guild and participate in guild events and raids. I'm always in contact with my guild mates with the LINE app. Easier to coordinate with the officers for raids and events. Anything worth getting requires group participation.

At times it reminds me of those good old days back in WoW BC when I was running a hardcore raiding guild.
    I wrote something about marvel puzzle quest a long while back saying the same thing.  Right now our guild is running the galactus event, it's fairly social in those instances. 
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson