Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Concerns Pt. 2 "Gear Scaling"

IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
This is the 2nd part to my Bless Concerns video: 

Summary: Gear scaling becomes an issue after a couple months of progression, and then TTK gets absurdly low transforming into a 1 shot fest. Problem is we haven't gotten a clear answer on if this will be changed or not for NA/EU. 

Cause: 

There was a transformation from Original Bless KR to Bless Rebuild in JP and KR. 
  • In old Bless there were hard limitations on Runes: I.E. you can only slot certain Runes on certain armor types. 
  • This made stat customization through gear kind of stale, but it kept power growth in check.
  • In Bless JP the hard limits were removed. Now as long as you get a Rune that matches the Rune Slot on your Item you can slot anything you want on every armor piece. This means eventually through grind you can get all gear with the exact rune slots you want. 
  • Also in Original Bless you could only get your gear to +10, and the stats gained through upgrading were modest. 
  • On JP you can now upgrade to +15, and at 15 you get an extra Rune Slot on your gear "Awakening". 
So not only did they remove hard limits, but they also introduced an extra slot to each piece of gear through +15 or Awakening. This means with even more grind and even more RNG madness, you can start with a piece of gear with desired Rune Slot. Then as you upgrade and RNJesus blesses you, when you Awaken your item you can get another Power based Rune slot. 

In the new system: 
  • No more hard limits, already more access to Power based Runes. 
  • Now extra Rune Slots, so even more access to Power based Runes. 
  • BIG ISSUE: It seems that they never adjusted the Scaling Ratios on Abilities. So scaling is same as in old system when power was significantly more scarce. 
  • Also, stats like Crit, Haste, and Defensive stats give such little return that they cannot keep pace. "Classes like Ranger have access to crit from their own crit., but crit. through gear is abysmal. 
Consequence:

Pure Attack Power and Ability Power blow everything else out the water. Damage Numbers are through the roof, healing is high too. However, it doesn't matter since HP is rather low, and defensive stats are weak as well. 

At Fresh 45, and even when you have the best in slot gear TTK is rather healthy. Once people get optimal runes it starts to decline. Once people Awaken their items it becomes absurd and devolves into 1 shot fest. 

Perspective: 
  • Fresh 45 might have 450-700 ATP/AP 
  • Semi-Geared 900-1200
  • Optimized Rune Slots 1600+ 
  • Awakened 2-3k
  • Awakened plus RNJesus Procs 3k+ "Rumored upward of 4k." 

Possible Solutions

• Adjust scaling ratios across the board. 
  • Shave power off of every Rune. 
  • Make it so that your 2nd Rune in gear only gives secondary stat. 
  • Increase/Incentivize secondary stats. 
  • Raise defensive stats.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]MrMelGibson

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I mean.....it's good that you're aware of this....but if they plan to launch with the newer system I highly doubt a forum post on mmorpg.com is going to make them suddenly scramble last minute to change that. 

Better saved for when the game actually launches and we know what the systems in place are plus being able to provide feedback to the devs.
  • IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Informing people on the way things operate, and certain issues at hand isn't really a bad thing either. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]chojin2k
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Izkimar said:
    Informing people on the way things operate, and certain issues at hand isn't really a bad thing either. 
    While informed, it may not be accurate for the westernized version, so it may not even be relevant. That should be noted.
    MrMelGibson

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:
    Izkimar said:
    While informed, it may not be accurate for the westernized version, so it may not even be relevant. That should be noted.

It may be - but the more we look at the job Neowiz did to Steam version - the more its apparent that we should question their competence to put together an improved cohesive combat system.

So its more likely that OP is on the right track, than the wrong one.

All will be known in less than 2 weeks - hopefully Neowiz will freely divulge all the information before the EA launch to prove their confidence in the new systems.

The dodgy stuff during media day (like cash shop being turned off and not answering clear questions) - hopefully they learned from that as it only creates distrust.
    I don't disagree with that. In terms of combat, that's always going to be somewhat subjective.  

I can't say that I have faith in Neowiz, but I won't discredit them either.  I'm not a guilty until proven innocent person.  

What I honestly think will happen is we'll see a cash shop devoid of pay 2 win items, with some items like pvp unflagging potions probably  being the most "controversial" thing in them.

I think combat will work better for some classes and worse for others.  

I don't think this game is going to be the big unplayable mess many are *hoping* it will be.  How much content and the longevity of its end game probably won't be anywhere near what fans interested in the game hope it will be.  

My hope for the game is that it evolves into something a western audience enjoys playing.  BDO didn't hit those marks for me, maybe Bless will. If not, well, I can only hope Pantheon will be somewhat playable by next year.
    MrMelGibson

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Very informative vid.

The game will be dead if its a 1 shot fest which seems extremely likely. This will be even worse in laggy conditions: enter combat->lag hitch -> instant dead before even pushing a single button.

The 40% power buff to 5 mage groups is probably the dumbest, most broken thing ever implemented into a pvp game.

What will be the over/under on a cash shop item with a RNG rune slot re-roll chance being added. 1 month? 2?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
    I'd rather Neowiz prove my skepticism wrong than then me be a mark and in a position of dismay and anger after the fact.

If this was some solid developer who has a clean history and there weren't already red flags they could get the benefit of the doubt. Right now, after 3 attempts being rejected by a publisher, the suspicious last minute secrecy and that god awful press conference... NO. Pre-crime unit has already been dispatched. Guilty until proven innocent.

Not trying any defense or support classes/builds either.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    @Jacobin "Very informative vid. The 40% power buff to 5 mage groups is probably the dumbest, most broken thing ever implemented into a pvp game."

Thank you! Yeah that 40% buff is insane, and it really lacks contextual understanding of the issues that were already at play in their game. 

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    was looking forward to this game but the more i watch/read the less so,i thought it would differ from bdo and aa but looks like heading the same way,i will try it for sure though.
    natpick said:
    was looking forward to this game but the more i watch/read the less so,i thought it would differ from bdo and aa but looks like heading the same way,i will try it for sure though.
    Same. At it's core it's a pretty solid MMO, but there is just a lot of mess that might end up holding it back from being a good game. I am definitely going to give it a chance, and I plan to try to get at least 2-3 months out of it.