Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nearly 50,000 Concurrent Players Tried to Survive Over the Weekend - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Torval said:
    I have been playing the hell out of this, I bought it last week.

The official servers are garbage, and the hosting company they chose is awful, I was trying to play with a friend across the US so we chose one with 90 ping between us both, and upon joining and doing a command to check ping, we both had up to 140 - 160 ping at a time, with a lot of rubber banding and lag related issues.

So we went and bought a server through a different hosting company (hosthavoc, same company I used to rent ARK servers through), and holy cow is it fun when you don't have any of those issues.

This game is what I wanted ARK to be. Sure it still has quite a few bugs, and the washed out look in the desert area can really wear your eyes, but it's just fun to play. The combat is actually fun, unlike most survival games. I can see why it blew up, it's a survival game done correctly.
    The actual game play feels so good. It's smooth and feels tuned rather well. The combat is satisfying and it's not hard to miss if you don't take care. None of this sloppy diesel rig sized hitboxes you get in MMOs. You need to be on it and up in it.

I'm playing on a private server a friend in the OTG was kind enough to hook me up with. They're a nice group and based on impressions from global chat people are having fun. I also have a single player game save and it's fun in that mode as well. 

The purge is a good idea to keep structure litter to a minimum over time.
    I agree, the only issue is I can't figure out how to configure it so that you can't hit clan members with damage. I have PvP enabled on my server but any time we are trying to hunt monsters a couple of the members end up hitting each-other a bunch. 

I didn't even know there was a purge, how frequently does it happen? That was a huge annoyance in ARK with clans who would quit and leave huge bases. 
    That's by design and I like it :) we did some tests and it seems friendly damage is reduced, very basic tests so could be wrong . . .
    Use Pikes when ganging up on monsters, strong attack up to the 3rd combo are all stab attacks. Works great.

What is annoying though, and most of my clan mates didn't know about this feature at all, is you can lock on targets, but it prefers players by a long run! I can have a hyena in the middle of my screen, and an ally to my left but just on screen, I hit target lock and it moves to my ally . . .
    Torval
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 659
    TBH i wonder......
    1 Million Copies sold and "just" 50K Players Online? Uhm....

I know, i know, sold Copies are not even to Players simultaneously Online, we all know that, but the Number is a bit on the very low end or what you think? And ofc there are all the private Servers which are not counted for this Number, but can the Gap be so big? I dunno..... 
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Ilaya said:
    TBH i wonder......

I know, i know, sold Copies are not even to Players simultaneously Online, we all know that, but the Number is a bit on the very low end or what you think? And ofc there are all the private Servers which are not counted for this Number, but can the Gap be so big? I dunno..... 
    It's 50k people playing the game at once, not total. So at one point there were 50k people all playing this game at the same time. Another good metric to use along with this is total people hours played per day. That lets you know not only were bunch online at once, but how long they stayed logged in.
    rojoArcueid
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,354

Torval said:

Ilaya said:

TBH i wonder......

It's 50k people playing the game at once, not total. So at one point there were 50k people all playing this game at the same time. Another good metric to use along with this is total people hours played per day. That lets you know not only were bunch online at once, but how long they stayed logged in.

Also the game released on PC, PS4, and XBO so the 1 million sold is across all platforms, and the 50k players at once is Steam only.
    TorvalThupliKyleran

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,091
    argh. . thought about it during the last sale.  Might jump in.  Seems like something fun to do on an evening of indecision. . where I post on forums instead.
    Torval

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!