Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online - All the bad stuff and none of the good stuff?

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,105
    edited May 2018
    Kyleran said:
    I have the solution,  don't play it, I'm certainly not.

Problem solved, my job is done here.

Captain Obvious has left the room.

B)
    Agreed, appears to be lacking the things I want in an MMO and has plenty of the things I dont like in my MMO's.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,705
    I thought no direct player trading was first introduced in GW2 not BDO
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Albatroes said:
    I thought no direct player trading was first introduced in GW2 not BDO
    It's been some years but i'm fairly sure GW2 had player to player trading did it not?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 495
    edited May 2018
    So Bless has no player trading eh?  Absolutely hated that about BDO.  Does Bless have a shitty set-price auction house too?  That is a completely BS lazy RMT solution that ruins a big part of why some people play, and they still had spammers. 

Playing the economy (not for RMT) is a huge part of MMO's, this just shits on it.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Wizardry said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    1 - First of all, it is a PvP focused game, but it's more like ArcheAge than BDO as far as I can tell.
    2 - The world map is akin to FFXIV without being a true "open world" map but several large maps interconnected by long narrow paths.
    3 - Fixed economy / No player trading is probably one of the worst things ever introduced to MMO's by BDO.
    4 - B2P / Convenience Subscription / Cash Shop ( Still waiting to see just exactly what is offered in cash shop but rumors are, it's not pretty )
    5 - No fishing? Granted most of BDO's tradeskill features could be done AFK, it still added flavor to the game for those who enjoyed it.

In regards to the cash shop, just be warned that even some of the Emissaries that went to the press release, played the game and asked them questions couldn't get a clear answer. From what I've seen and heard, it's as bad if not worse than BDO in that regard.
    1 pvp is just bad for any mmorpg.
    2 FFXIV like EVERY single game in existence is made up of several zones/maps but is still quite open ended and NOT  "long"paths.
    3 I agree,just a dumb idea and leads me to think they are keeping it simple to support the cash shop idea.
    4 ALL cash shop ideas are garbage,i don't need to wait to see it.
    5 You are auto bot fishing in BDO so you are enjoying NOTHING,ALL automation or offline stuff does NOT belong in a MMO.

This is a Korean developer,we have been seeing the same ideals time and time again,they will not be changing anytime soon.
    I see this game as another Wildstar,people buying into non game videos,over hyped and will NOT deliver and after only a few months ,it's true face wil be shown,a lackluster game relying on pvp and the cash shop.
    1. Is your lame preference, not a fact, and your hatred of it is likely because 90% of games just don't do it right and/or you're just bad at it.  Stick to Maplestory and My little Pony MMO's.  For many of the rest of us, PVP adds so much to a game, if it is done right.  And that's not talking about the bloodthirsty lowbie gankers.

The rest, can't argue with much.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    edited May 2018
    SBFord said:
     ...It's a whole 'nother thing when people who don't play, won't play and never will play keep coming in to make negative commentary to be contrary and demeaning to people who do like something.
    People go to the forum looking for info about the game and see commentary they disagree with such as over-hyping so they make a post.

Perhaps if Korean companies in particular did not treat the western market as a cash cow and pull a bait and switch over and over again people would be less 'negative'.

SoybeanRhoklawblueturtle13Rnjypsy
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 390
    From what I understand the game has basically 2 factions.  Can I assume that NPCs and players  of the same faction can not automatically attack you if you are the same faction?
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    edited May 2018
    Anyone that buys this POS are the ones that contribute to the endless wave of soulless MMORPG we get. I bet the buy every POS that is released.
    Siug

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Jacobin said:
    SBFord said:
     ...It's a whole 'nother thing when people who don't play, won't play and never will play keep coming in to make negative commentary to be contrary and demeaning to people who do like something.
    People go to the forum looking for info about the game and see commentary they disagree with such as over-hyping so they make a post.

Perhaps if Korean companies in particular did not treat the western market as a cash cow and pull a bait and switch over and over again people would be less 'negative'.

This is so very true! I was looking forward to this game and then I saw the prices for the founders pack.

https://blessonline.net/news_read/73

Two hundred dollars for a couple of junk items and a few days head start. Good God they must be smoking crack! Then I noticed other things like the convenience items, Premium customer service, Premium subscription. If this is supposed to be a buy to play game they sure are trying to sell a lot of services.  They sure are tight lipped about what those services contain. So tight lipped, you cannot make an informed decision about why you would want/need those services.

This game is already starting to stink of bait and switch.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If anybody wants some straight up information I'd suggest looking at what @jahlon posts. These other forum members are either people who inherently hate PVP or asian games, the creepy weeaboo anime types, or obnoxious emissary program shills.

Also I forget which forum member posted this (I will credit you when I back and look). Its a collection of Bless info thus far:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aAt4NKN3auuZ5BkStwC7sNPzXd3-JOyyiH7bBkaoeUw/preview

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,606
    edited May 2018
    Okay, the experts have stated there is ZERO P2W aspects in Bless Online. So there you have it folks. I still think the no player trading / controlled economy is a complete disaster because BDO has it and it's a complete disaster. As much as I hate gold spammers, this is truly one of the worst ANTI-GUILD mechanics to ever be designed. You may as well play a single player game.

Thanks to DMKano, I now understand how the "world" works, although open world it may be, is basically just large open wastelands. As of right now, several towns and villages are void of life.

I don't mind the PvP in this game, if it is in fact more like ArcheAge and less like Black Desert Online. Most PvP doesn't bother me. Open World PvP in online video games is about as pointless as anti cheat software in FPS games. It has a purpose, but has never done what it was intended to do.

I also want to point out that no, I don't ever take what a company says to heart. I also don't trust gaming sites to be completely honest either. I'm not saying this site goes out of their way to lie to us, I just think, like most gaming sites, you ALWAYS try to paint a pretty picture instead of just being real. The concept of Angry Joe reviews is what I considered honest gaming reviews. I don't know if he still does it that way, but yes, I believe he was looking out for gamers.

So, when you decide to put forth gaming information / reviews like a court testimony. You know, the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth, then you'll probably see less threads that contradict your favorite games.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Rhoklaw said:

I also want to point out that no, I don't ever take what a company says to heart. I also don't trust gaming sites to be completely honest either. I'm not saying this site goes out of their way to lie to us, I just think, like most gaming sites, you ALWAYS try to paint a pretty picture instead of just being real.
    But you trust DMKano? Nice.
    Filbur said:
    Rhoklaw said:

I also want to point out that no, I don't ever take what a company says to heart. I also don't trust gaming sites to be completely honest either. I'm not saying this site goes out of their way to lie to us, I just think, like most gaming sites, you ALWAYS try to paint a pretty picture instead of just being real.
    But you trust DMKano? Nice.
    If you look at my history with DMKano, we usually disagree with each other. So to say I put 100% trust in everything he says, no. Though he does seem to be one of the most informative members on this site, it doesn't mean he always 100% accurate. No one is 100% accurate, probably because of my point about gaming sites and the developers themselves constantly resorting to cryptic developer diaries or speculative information. Maybe when developers start being completely honest, sure, we can all get back to having positive and constructive discussions. Until then, some of us have to resort to being the "evil" person, like Slapshot has been with Chronicles of Elyria. If being honest is being evil. However, rather than derail this into yet another political breakdown of whats wrong in the world, let's just say threads like these will never cease to exist because I really don't see game developers or gaming sites being completely 100% honest and accurate.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,773
    I am not going to play this game. But I am interested to see what the forums will show come June 1 to June 7. Should be pretty spectacular with the haters vs the fan bois. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Rhoklaw said:

Thanks to DMKano, I now understand how the "world" works, although open world it may be, is basically just large open wastelands. As of right now, several towns and villages are void of life.

You trust Kano? LOL.

The world IS Open World, not "world". Stop acting like is not. It is pretty much very Open World. 

Now, that there are wastelands out there, that's a very different story. In KR for exemple, if I recall right , there are towns , villages, areas which are NOT empty whereas in JP are. So my guess is that they need to .. balance stuff and/or are not very satisfied with how those areas works in KR, and now they want to re-done them.

They have at least 6 months to do this + other updates, which .. I guess they can deliver. They said in an interview that we should expect monthly updates, which is very nice. 

People needs to realize , that those are the direct dev's and as such, is much, much easier to fix/add stuff when they say they will and also to collect direct feedback from the community.

Yes Kano, this is not Trion, making a statement to the community , that they want, but then can't add X/Y stuff into ArcheAge because ...they are some poor Publishers.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,742
    edited May 2018
    Nice to see Kano found a new game to bash every opportunity he gets xD

inb4 "It's not a new game, blah blah blah"
    StoneRosesIceAge

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Rhoklaw said:
    1 - First of all, it is a PvP focused game, but it's more like ArcheAge than BDO as far as I can tell.
    2 - The world map is akin to FFXIV without being a true "open world" map but several large maps interconnected by long narrow paths.
    3 - Fixed economy / No player trading is probably one of the worst things ever introduced to MMO's by BDO.
    4 - B2P / Convenience Subscription / Cash Shop ( Still waiting to see just exactly what is offered in cash shop but rumors are, it's not pretty )
    5 - No fishing? Granted most of BDO's tradeskill features could be done AFK, it still added flavor to the game for those who enjoyed it.

In regards to the cash shop, just be warned that even some of the Emissaries that went to the press release, played the game and asked them questions couldn't get a clear answer. From what I've seen and heard, it's as bad if not worse than BDO in that regard.
    You had me at PvP focused game.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 369
    SBFord said:
    I think it weird how some people who are opposed to this game continue to harp on it. If it is not for you fine state your piece and move on. Why continue with the beating down of a game you have no intention of playing? Seems petty and a bit personal. *Shrug*
    Different strokes and all that. 
    I always wonder the same. If I don't like a game, I don't make a habit of hanging out in forum threads about it and leave the discussion to people who do. It's a weird phenomenon, but sadly not unique to just gaming. :confused:
    Actually there is nothing weird about it at all. Game bashing is a sport unto itself, frankly some of the regulars in MMORPG are Pro level players.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,674
    edited May 2018
    IceAge said:
    Rhoklaw said:

You trust Kano? LOL.

The world IS Open World, not "world". Stop acting like is not. It is pretty much very Open World. 

Now, that there are wastelands out there, that's a very different story. In KR for exemple, if I recall right , there are towns , villages, areas which are NOT empty whereas in JP are. So my guess is that they need to .. balance stuff and/or are not very satisfied with how those areas works in KR, and now they want to re-done them.

They have at least 6 months to do this + other updates, which .. I guess they can deliver. They said in an interview that we should expect monthly updates, which is very nice. 

People needs to realize , that those are the direct dev's and as such, is much, much easier to fix/add stuff when they say they will and also to collect direct feedback from the community.

Yes Kano, this is not Trion, making a statement to the community , that they want, but then can't add X/Y stuff into ArcheAge because ...they are some poor Publishers.

Neowiz can do whatever they want - its their game.

I always laugh when people say trust game companies - lol dont trust any of them to have your interest.

As their primary interest is separating your money from your wallet. All game companies are like this - Neowiz is no different.

After 20 years of MMOs people still havent learned this lesson?

Consider this

Bless is B2P, has a sub, has a cash ahop, has excusive sub only cash shop items...

What do you think Neowiz primary interest is here? Fairness to players? lol

Why just not have a B2P game then? Or P2P game without a cash shop?

a $200 package with Premium Support? why not include premium support for all subs - but yeah trust Neowiz - they have players interest before anything else?

I think just like other game companies - their interest is $$$. 

Isnt this self evident by their monetization model?

How long before Neowiz starts adding increasingly more aggressive cash shop items into the game once sales start to taper off? 

because it doesnt take a prophet to tell you - its gonna happen, only a matter of time

cheyaneRhoklawJacobin
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    Rhoklaw said:

You trust Kano? LOL.

I always laugh when people say trust game companies - lol dont trust any of them to have your interest.

As their primary interest is separating your money from your wallet. All game companies are like this - Neowiz is no different.

Consider this

Bless is B2P, has a sub, has a cash ahop, has excusive sub only cash shop items...

a $200 package with Premium Support? why not include premium support for all subs - but yeah trust Neowiz - they have players interest before anything else?

How long before Neowiz starts adding increasingly more aggressive cash shop items into the game once sales start to taper off? 

because it doesnt take a prophet to tell you - its gonna happen, only a matter of time

Information like this ruins their immersion of a game worth playing. I don't know what it is, but people have a real issue dealing with reality. Most of what's been discussed isn't that Bless is a completely horrible game. Hell, I even think Star Citizen COULD be a great game, but the point is, CR and CIG as well as 95% of Korean developers do NOT care about gamer interests. The only thing on their mind is $$$.

ArcheAge, Black Desert Online, Revelation Online and now this game all have glaring similarities and no, none of them are good. The games are good and I even consider ArcheAge a masterpiece, but to hell with cash shops, P2W, convenience or otherwise.

If they enjoy crap like that, then regardless of anything we say, they should enjoy it and support it. I sure as hell won't.

I still can't get past the no player trading / controlled market crap either, I mean WTF.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    Rhoklaw said:

You trust Kano? LOL.

Consider this

I am not going into a more debate with you about Bless because I realize this is pure personal hate you have here. 

I will say this however ( as I did before ) : The first time they will add P2W items in the cash shop, will be my last day in Bless. I will never support a game with P2W elements, no matter how good is it.

If Bless can keep my interest for some months, then that will be awesome. Until then Kano, I will support Bless .  Bless will have the same combat system/cash shop as JP version. Your words since few months ago. You were wrong about the combat system, and 99% you will be wrong about the cash shop too.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    Rhoklaw said:

You trust Kano? LOL.

Consider this

I am not going into a more debate with you about Bless because I realize this is pure personal hate you have here. 

I will say this however ( as I did before ) : The first time they will add P2W items in the cash shop, will be my last day in Bless. I will never support a game with P2W elements, no matter how good is it.

If Bless can keep my interest for some months, then that will be awesome. Until then Kano, I will support Bless .  Bless will have the same combat system/cash shop as JP version. Your words since few months ago. You were wrong about the combat system, and 99% you will be wrong about the cash shop too.

pure hate?

lol

DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    Rhoklaw said:

You trust Kano? LOL.

Consider this

pure hate?

lol

Funny, since I'm the one who started this thread and I think I've commented on Bless like 4 times total. If you said I had pure hate towards Chris Roberts / CIG or Electronic Arts, you'd probably be right. My view of Bless Online isn't even close to hatred. I just think it's hilarious how almost every Korean game is exactly the same.
    Siug

edited May 2018
    wrong post
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    DMKano said:

Your point #2 is wrong.

The world of Bless is 100% open world - but the only things that are FINISHED are the narrow path and quest areas and cities/towns. (there are some towns and villages that are in game but have no NPCs at all - just empty ghost towns)

90%+ of the world is just blank, empty terrain.

It is the weirdest shit you've seen - they probably would have been better off just putting in invisible walls - as you can step outside the quest areas and wonder aimlessly for hours without seeing a single thing in majority of the world - as it's literally there to just waste your time - there is no content to be found outside of quest areas at all. Like not even grass, nothing.

The rivers/oceans - (there's a huge ocean area on the east side of the map) - completely empty - not a single blade of sea-grass, not a single fish, not a single coral - nothing just empty terrain.

It's just bizarre how after 10 years of development, and 2 relaunches they did nothing to fill in the map. Now granted - redoing combat is a much higher priority, I'll give them that, but damn - the world of Bless really needs life, it feels so dead compared to BDO and other current games.

As far as the cash shop - they said that the Premium Membership grants you access to Premium Cash shop items - but they are refusing to disclose what the premium cash shop items are. A list would be really nice - but so far they are keeping that info away from everyone. 

Why are they refusing to give this info when the gam is 15 days away from Early access launch?
    They took a page from Star Citizen. The game isn't finished but the cash shop is fully fleshed and waiting to take your money.
    Rhoklaw