Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer Announces Bless is Headed Out the Gate on May 28th! - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited May 2018

3dom said:

I hope new Bless will become a decent game so PearlAbyss will have to improve Black Desert Online - PvE and item enhancing specifically.

(character models aren't that good in Bless, in between Tera and BDO)

I doubt it. I had some expectations, but after seeing how they decided to monetize it I can see the game dying right around the WoW expansion comes out.

It's B2P which is fine and the prices would've been fine as well if there was no Premium, but there is also Premium, which if the past 3-4 years are any indicator is almost a guaranteed p2w advantage. What's more there is also a shop that would sell stuff other than "cosmetics" which is more p2w as far as what I've seen .

The only people that I see that are happy with the game having p2w, I mean Premium are those that like to have unfair advantage over people that can't afford it.

That's why WoW still continues to be my favorite game. It's sub-based which guarantees that everyone is equal. I don't know about others, but I've never liked p2w games not because I can't afford it, but because I can, but I know probably 60-70% of players or even more can't... Where's the fun in oneshotting someone or doing something that others can't do without investing 1 month of grind. I personally don't see any gratification in being unfairly stronger than others.
    how is a subscription a pay to win advantage?  You have to have a line somewhere or basically any game that has a cost at all is "pay to win".  

As long as it is a flat rate and you cannot spend more and more to gain more and more advantage, a sub is an accepted practice, how is this different than WOW's sub?  Those that play for free are lucky to play at all, and imo shouldn't be able to, because of what it leads to.  If they are selling boosts etc that have a big effect on the game then I do agree with you on that.  Premium by itself though, no, thats what we want, if straight B2P is not enough.

All the f2p bastards should get a job and stop shitting on fair payment models or the truly unfair p2w models will be all there ever is.  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm trying to figure out how selling inventory space in the cash shop is cosmetic?
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Albatroes said:
    I'm trying to figure out how selling inventory space in the cash shop is cosmetic?
    You know how bigger pockets in jeans is cosmetic...well that's basically what an inventory amounts too right?

lol i'm kidding of course. Though honestly i wouldn't really hold it against a game too much if they sold inventory slots. Unless we're talking BDO. It's nearly impossible to do anything in that game with few inventory slots. Mainly because they articifically fill it up with BS. Way too many of their events have you looting 5+ items, its ridiculous.

So long as the base game isn't designed around having a metric fuck ton of inventory slots, i don't have much of a problem with it.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Dvora said:

3dom said:

I hope new Bless will become a decent game so PearlAbyss will have to improve Black Desert Online - PvE and item enhancing specifically.

(character models aren't that good in Bless, in between Tera and BDO)

I doubt it. I had some expectations, but after seeing how they decided to monetize it I can see the game dying right around the WoW expansion comes out.

It's B2P which is fine and the prices would've been fine as well if there was no Premium, but there is also Premium, which if the past 3-4 years are any indicator is almost a guaranteed p2w advantage. What's more there is also a shop that would sell stuff other than "cosmetics" which is more p2w as far as what I've seen .

The only people that I see that are happy with the game having p2w, I mean Premium are those that like to have unfair advantage over people that can't afford it.

That's why WoW still continues to be my favorite game. It's sub-based which guarantees that everyone is equal. I don't know about others, but I've never liked p2w games not because I can't afford it, but because I can, but I know probably 60-70% of players or even more can't... Where's the fun in oneshotting someone or doing something that others can't do without investing 1 month of grind. I personally don't see any gratification in being unfairly stronger than others.
    how is a subscription a pay to win advantage?  You have to have a line somewhere or basically any game that has a cost at all is "pay to win".  

As long as it is a flat rate and you cannot spend more and more to gain more and more advantage, a sub is an accepted practice, how is this different than WOW's sub?  Those that play for free are lucky to play at all, and imo shouldn't be able to, because of what it leads to.  If they are selling boosts etc that have a big effect on the game then I do agree with you on that.  Premium by itself though, no, thats what we want, if straight B2P is not enough.

All the f2p bastards should get a job and stop shitting on fair payment models or the truly unfair p2w models will be all there ever is.  
    Well you don't really buy into that BS that Premium will only give you cosmetics, character slots and bag slots right? If it gives you even just 10% more rep it's already tilting the game in your advantage and I'm 100% sure that there will be more to it than this because otherwise I don't see people buying the Premium sub if it doesn't bring anything worthwhile. 

Also don't assume that people who can't afford to pay for sub are jobless. Different countries, different standards of life. 

I personally don't see how a game that have "optional" Premium is fair. 
    In WoW everyone is paying for a sub, so everyone is equal, while here some will pay while others won't. It really comes down to what the Premium will offer, but be honest and tell me if you can think of a single game that has "Premium" that doesn't give advantage... I personally can't think of any. I mean that's the point of "Premium". To give you extra stuff that aren't just fluff. 

Either way I guess it's pointless really to discuss this topic any longer. In tops 2 weeks we will have our answers. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and that there is no p2w in the game. I honestly was quite excited for the game up until yesterday and I'd be quite happy if it's a good game that lasts for years to come and not just 2 months. I love WoW, but I do want an extra MMORPG I can switch between when WoW is going through it's dry period, like right now for example ;)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Albatroes said:
    And shouldn't that come with the sub? They are triple dipping. The whole point of B2P + sub is to avoid cash shop unless it's something you want, not need. Once you put an item in the cash shop it has to be up-sold. There's fiduciary responsibility to do this. Meaning inventory space will be purposely made an inconvenience so you're inclined to do so or suffer.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Albatroes said:
    And shouldn't that come with the sub? They are triple dipping. The whole point of B2P + sub is to avoid cash shop unless it's something you want, not need. Once you put an item in the cash shop it has to be up-sold. There's fiduciary responsibility to do this. Meaning inventory space will be purposely made an inconvenience so you're inclined to do so or suffer.
    The whole point of B2P + sub is to make money. The whole point of cash shop is to make money. I think i'm seeing a common thread here. Not saying i agree with it, not even really saying i disagree with it. WoW is b2p with a sub(mandatory at that, unlike bless) and you can even say it has a cash shop(i wouldn't but some do) but i have no problem with how theirs is setup.

So it entirely depends how Bless's cash shop turns out before i can really pass judgement off on it. Granted, the combat itself already means i'll be giving Bless a pass as it is entirely uninspired and doesn't even do the good ole traditional tab target well at all either.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    You know how bigger pockets in jeans is cosmetic...well that's basically what an inventory amounts too right?

lol i'm kidding of course. Though honestly i wouldn't really hold it against a game too much if they sold inventory slots. Unless we're talking BDO. It's nearly impossible to do anything in that game with few inventory slots. Mainly because they articifically fill it up with BS. Way too many of their events have you looting 5+ items, its ridiculous.

So long as the base game isn't designed around having a metric fuck ton of inventory slots, i don't have much of a problem with it.
    If the japanese client is anything to go by in terms of gearing, dungeons only have a small chance to drop weapons and drop crafting materials to make armor, not actually direct armor drops. Then you have their enchanting system ontop of that. So its already sounding like a lot of space.

Something I dont see a lot of people bringing up is that the finer details aren't going to be made public until the day of EA (unless they change their mind that is). Its already bad enough that these guys didn't verify who all their emissaries were going to be but also lack of communication. They could easily clear all the miscommunication and speculation is about in regards to the premium service and cash shop, like if it will be representative of the JP client (which would throw up some flags if it does). I mean, we can't even get a solid viewing of how the optimization has came along, since its already lackluster to begin with on the JP client in regards to large scale pvp (with the class trailers having fps drops as well).
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Albatroes said:
     As if they are the only ones providing this type of service.
    Last I checked they are in fact a for profit company.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited May 2018

Will there be an open beta?

Yes it's $39.99 :-)
    Mikeha[Deleted User]
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Albatroes said:
    No s#!% sherlock. Being for profit isn't a parallel to janky business practice. They have box price, and optional subscription. Trying to further fleece your already "premium" service customers is terrible business unless they're obtuse marks who thinks spending poorly makes them socially elite.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    edited May 2018
    There other Videos are much better than the one they choose to use for this, smh. I like the PTP model for this game but I'm curious to what you really get with this "Premium Membership" . I do find it odd that they are not going to tell you what it is until May 28. For real, what are they trying to hide. Pricing seems fair for basic entry of $30, no complaints there.
    Doctorhoo said:
    I like the PTP model for this game but I'm curious to what you really get with this "Premium Membership" . I do find it odd that they are not going to tell you what it is until May 28. For real, what are they trying to hide. Pricing seems fair for basic entry of $30, no complaints there.
    Hmm, i wouldn't call it pay to play. That implies you have to pay monthly to continue playing, which is why the term buy to play was made for mmo's like this.

Regardless, it is strange that they're being so tight lipped about basic stuff like what will be included in their premium membership when its less than 3 weeks away.

• Aegrin56Aegrin56 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    marsxwar said:

DMKano said:

Filbur said:

BruceYee said:

... for a twice failed game that's just mediocre.

I know that everyone is using that argument, but I think it's totally stupid. Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 also failed in every region it launched in, yet it is a pretty big hit now. The same goes for the PC launch of ESO and its later B2P restart.

People keep brining FFXIV which was redone from scratch.

Bless was redone maybe 20% and that's pushing it, they are still using Unreal 3 engine from 2009, DX9 and a 32bit client.

ESO never failed, not sure why even bring that up.

ESO absolutely did fail, do some research. Why do you think it has a subtitle "tamriel unlimited"?
    It wasn't until that point that the game had a resurgence.

the resurgance was due to console launch on PS4 and XBone, thats the real reason as they expanded the potential customer base in a huge way.

If they stuck to PC only - there would be no resurgance - do better research next time.
    You say do better research despite the fact that you initially said the game hadnt failed it was a massive failure. I lauched ESO day one EA with Imperial Edition and compared to now its Night and Day, the content was almost nowhere to be found and it was pretty boring. Cyrodill was an almost unplayable mess and the combat was much worse than it is now. It fell flat on its face and then revamped itself well to become one of the most successful mmos out there similar to FFXIV. Where is your research or are the thousands of posts you have just you talking out your ass man?
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121

Albatroes said:

Someone explain to me why all asian companies seem to think that a "hype" trailer should involve mostly cinematics?

I think its the publisher who order such crap trailer, companies in the state here think they should do at least that much to show the Dev that they are working hard for their part. Which to me that show the useless ppl at top don't know jack about games other than "Charging gamer' more money than what its worth." Then again what it really worth is subjective, clearly the values it isn't the same if youre the consumer vs the cheesy few at the top of a company.

If a trailer was design by a real gamer then we would not have the need to poop all over this lame ass trailer if you could call it that. IMO a video about the classes/game features is far more useful to gamers than this thing, only doing this sort of cheap trick to hype up the game is done to death when any given game is so close to launch time.

~ Be good to others and others will do you better, surely this apply to business practice too ~
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Albatroes said:
    No s#!% sherlock. Being for profit isn't a parallel to janky business practice. They have box price, and optional subscription. Trying to further fleece your already "premium" service customers is terrible business unless they're obtuse marks who thinks spending poorly makes them socially elite.
    Again, same services being provided by other games.
    This is not new, nor is it a shock.
    We obviously won't be seeing you in game and I'm pretty sure everyone is ok with that, regardless of what pack they choose.
    However, you can continue scratching at the back door.
    Many of us who know how to make an informed decision will move on choosing to enjoy this game or another.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited May 2018
    IceAge said:
    Riannes said:
    i was going to play it on release as a filler as i have none other mmo rught now. this trailer changed my mind. im going to wait and see feedbacks first.
    A true gamer, looks and judge a game by game play videos mostly, streams, etc. and not some .. CGI video made by a company who mostly create games, and not "shinny cgi videos" for you to like.

Sorry you are not one of us. One day maybe .. 

EDIT: Maybe you will like this one :  Is pretty decent.
    To avoid giving you a LOL, I'm just gonna say it............ LOL
    StoneRoses
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• HellsprodigyHellsprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 27

Surely this is a fanmade trailer and not something made by an actual developing company for their game right? Seriously... it's bad!

By the way is there any info on what the cash shop will be like. What does the premium provide? I heard some people saying that there is an item that give actual attack power(or whatever power) which is essentially a p2w item in my opinion if it makes your character stronger.

They have no information on the cash shop because it was not shown at the conference so I don't know where someone would even get that. They mentioned premium would have extra character slots exp boosts quality of life but no p2w.
  • HellsprodigyHellsprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 27

Tech this is beta its a 6 month early access then it will fully release. I don't think people understand that this isn't going to be a fully finished game for quite awhile they are expecting tons of stuff.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Riannes said:
    i was going to play it on release as a filler as i have none other mmo rught now. this trailer changed my mind. im going to wait and see feedbacks first.
    A true gamer, looks and judge a game by game play videos mostly, streams, etc. and not some .. CGI video made by a company who mostly create games, and not "shinny cgi videos" for you to like.

LOL like "Nice" or LOL like "wtf is with that video?" :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Riannes said:

lol, no your definition of a "True Gamer". Look, we all like different things, we all spend our money in different ways, no reason to get defensive because there are some folks in the "wait and see camp". If you want to buy the $200 version of the game, cool go for it.

I'm gonna wait and see if this game holds up before I put any money down, and even then for me it looks like something I might pick up on a winter sale for 75% off along with 20 other games for the same $200 you spent on one game, and I will play them all, which is what gamers do.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Riannes said:

lol, no your definition of a "True Gamer". Look, we all like different things, we all spend our money in different ways, no reason to get defensive because there are some folks in the "wait and see camp". If you want to buy the $200 version of the game, cool go for it.

I'm gonna wait and see if this game holds up before I put any money down, and even then for me it looks like something I might pick up on a winter sale for 75% off along with 20 other games for the same $200 you spent on one game, and I will play them all, which is what gamers do.
    My definition of a true gamer stands, since that guy was saying that he will not buy the game because he didn't liked the CGI trailer. "i was going to play it on release as a filler as i have none other mmo rught now. this trailer changed my mind. im going to wait and see feedbacks first."

Anyway , I said it in other thread. I never said I will buy the 200$ pack, nor I tell people to buy it. In fact, I did said that people should NOT buy Bless anytime soon, since this is an Early Access release , and unless you closely followed up Bless and are all aware of the pluses and minuses, you should stay away from it, until it officially launches in about 6 months.

PS: And no one should spend 200$ on a game. That's way to expensive and is only for the ..."i have money so 200$ is nothing" , "Big Fans" , "Collectors" - Hence, the 200$ pack is a Collector Edition.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Riannes said:

My definition of a true gamer stands, since that guy was saying that he will not buy the game because he didn't liked the CGI trailer. "i was going to play it on release as a filler as i have none other mmo rught now. this trailer changed my mind. im going to wait and see feedbacks first."

Anyway , I said it in other thread. I never said I will buy the 200$ pack, nor I tell people to buy it. In fact, I did said that people should NOT buy Bless anytime soon, since this is an Early Access release , and unless you closely followed up Bless and are all aware of the pluses and minuses, you should stay away from it, until it officially launches in about 6 months.

PS: And no one should spend 200$ on a game. That's way to expensive and is only for the ..."i have money so 200$ is nothing" , "Big Fans" , "Collectors" - Hence, the 200$ pack is a Collector Edition.
    Basing the game strictly on CGI is a stretch i get it, but your definition is still shaky and won't hold up to many folks who consider themselves avid gamers. I'm sure it goes beyond the low budget video for the person you quoted, maybe it was the tipping point for him, I don't know lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    B2P with cash shop and a sub option? Is that correct? If that's true no thanks.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130

Early Access is essentially Open beta, it's just because it's on Steam it follows very different rules and guidelines.

If you're wondering if there was a phase in which the game would be Free to test, then no, Early Access games on steam generally have a price tag for entry, aside from the few exceptions- like 'Dungeons & Dragons Idle Champions' or 'Paladins Online'- those were F2P Early Access titles with free entry.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'll just have to wait on reviews and decide then.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey