Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

May Update Provides Insight into Developers' Progress - Ship of Heroes News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMay Update Provides Insight into Developers' Progress - Ship of Heroes News

The Ship of Heroes forum has a new post from Casey McGeever to provide the community with some insights into where the developers have been spending their time for the past several weeks. McGeever calls it a

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I hope one of the Cob successors is great, I miss City of Heroes so much
    DavodtheTuttGladDog

Mystery Bounty

• blumsblums Member UncommonPosts: 11
    this game will be dead on arrival. the name alone is a disaster.
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54

blums said:

It won't. It's as close to a true clone of City of Heroes as can be and there's a small but really dedicated fanbase that has been waiting for a reboot of City of Heroes or at least someone to take up its mantle. It may not end up being huge, but it will have a dedicated following.
    GreatnessGladDog
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited May 2018

I agree, it is a dead game walking. Something that would work beautifully for these low tier studios may be a 2D retro superhero mmo. Something along the lines of Marvel vs Street Fighter in terms of visuals. 2D mmo or general gaming have picked up steam. Maple Story is extremely popular. There is still a lot you can do with 2D models in terms of creating a character. Sure it wont be flashy like Black Desert Online, but there can still be a lot of options to choose from.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I dunno, I've had the opportunity to play the game in an alpha test, and it seems far from dead to me.
    DabOnThemAxeMasterBlaze_Rocker

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DabOnThem said:

I agree, it is a dead game walking. Something that would work beautifully for these low tier studios may be a 2D retro superhero mmo. Something along the lines of Marvel vs Street Fighter in terms of visuals. 2D mmo or general gaming have picked up steam. Maple Story is extremely popular. There is still a lot you can do with 2D models in terms of creating a character. Sure it wont be flashy like Black Desert Online, but there can still be a lot of options to choose from.
    Anyone with the name "DabOnThem" is automatically discredited.
    GladDog
  • Golden-AceGolden-Ace Member UncommonPosts: 12

blums said:

While you may not like the name "Ship of Heroes" it is far from dead on arrival. They are building a wonderful game if you would care to watch any of the videos released you can see they are keeping their prospective player base well informed on the status of the game and they have really come quite far considering they are the newest of the CoH successor's.
    GladDogBlaze_Rocker
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited May 2018

DabOnThem said:

I agree, it is a dead game walking. Something that would work beautifully for these low tier studios may be a 2D retro superhero mmo. Something along the lines of Marvel vs Street Fighter in terms of visuals.

2D mmo or general gaming have picked up steam. Maple Story is extremely popular. There is still a lot you can do with 2D models in terms of creating a character. Sure it wont be flashy like Black Desert Online, but there can still be a lot of options to choose from.

Anyone with the name "DabOnThem" is automatically discredited.

Sorry I hurt your feelings