Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Eve game play fun....

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
Today watching the game streams the top streamers was getting 170ish viewers. This is typical unless its Zarvox or BjornB. THey usually pull hundreds.

Today an Eve employee streamed them texturing. Shot up to just under 1000 viewers.

Who would have thought watching someone texture in game assets would be more fun to watch then someone playing the game.

Comments

• thunderCthunderC Member RarePosts: 1,335
    Eve is a amazing game with a huge learning curve, I notice when you are real new people are quick to help and generally wont give you much of a hard time. But the second you show up in any kind of ship beyond the starter ships or show any sort of knowledge of the game  ie you are in a worm hole its game on . Get good or prepare to die. This game is not for the faint of heart. Unless you are unemployed or don't mind getting punched in the balls daily i wouldn't recommend playing this. I often think about going back but im too much of a baby to deal with losing a big haul to some ganker after 4 hours of grinding.
  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 2,902
    edited May 2
    thunderC said:
    Eve is a amazing game with a huge learning curve, I notice when you are real new people are quick to help and generally wont give you much of a hard time. But the second you show up in any kind of ship beyond the starter ships or show any sort of knowledge of the game  ie you are in a worm hole its game on . Get good or prepare to die. This game is not for the faint of heart. Unless you are unemployed or don't mind getting punched in the balls daily i wouldn't recommend playing this. I often think about going back but im too much of a baby to deal with losing a big haul to some ganker after 4 hours of grinding.
    now that sounded... quite salty. =)

there is a saying in eve online: don't fly it, if you can't afford to lose it.

and that's basically everything you need to know about the game, hehe.
    it's gaming and controles are no dog fight, more an active simulation, but if you are into it (and if you do not know, trying out is free), it's a pretty good game, but as said before:

you need balls, or friends, lots of friends....
    (and yes, eve has "pve" too, you can actually play that game pretty "save")
    Post edited by Thane on
    KyleranPhry

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 312
    if you like to pvp in excel, its a great game.
    FrodoFragins
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 18,576
    Hefaistos said:

also if you like spreadsheets, great game

;)
    dragonlee66Thane
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 2,581
    Some people like me  loved to stare at rocks all day long, linning up to base to fast jumps in case of ganking and watching channels and "eve-who" sites to see who is coming and going and try to guess why.

The chances are, if you are asking if it's fun, you won't find it fun. Watch some gameplay, if you get bored by watching you'll probably get bored by playing.
    thunderC

"Let go of your memories and be reborn."
    Argent Etchings, plate 106, passage 27

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • thunderCthunderC Member RarePosts: 1,335
    Thane said:
    thunderC said:
    now that sounded... quite salty. =)

there is a saying in eve online: don't fly it, if you can't afford to lose it.

and that's basically everything you need to know about the game, hehe.
    it's gaming and controles are no dog fight, more an active simulation, but if you are into it (and if you do not know, trying out is free), it's a pretty good game, but as said before:

you need balls, or friends, lots of friends....
    (and yes, eve has "pve" too, you can actually play that game pretty "save")
    No im not salty , I think Eve is a amazing game. Its not the ship its losing cargo with massive amounts of value/isk that hurts. Like i said im too much of a baby to deal with the swings, But i guess thats what makes the exploration and hacking so rewarding. I'll probably go back at some point and yes you are right, you need friends. I like playing solo which isnt really what eve is about.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 600
    thunderC said:
    ...But i guess thats what makes the exploration and hacking so rewarding.
    THIS

I'm an explorer. I make all my isk running data and relic sites and selling the loot. It may not be the most eficient way to make money, but I sure have fun getting my ass to deep null, avoiding camps, keeping my eye on d-scan and avoiding people that come to actively hunt me. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I win. But those wins? Oh man, they are so satisfying and something you don't get in any other game that I know :)
    Kyleran

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 9,525
    DMKano said:
    Hefaistos said:

;)
    Using that logic, is Archeage a great game if you enjoy Candy Crush?  :p
    Krematory
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 29,302
    Phry said:
    DMKano said:
    Hefaistos said:

;)
    Using that logic, is Archeage a great game if you enjoy Candy Crush?  :p
    Or wearing cat ears and bunny tails?

Ten types of internet trolls - Which one are you?

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member RarePosts: 1,059
    Today watching the game streams the top streamers was getting 170ish viewers. This is typical unless its Zarvox or BjornB. THey usually pull hundreds.

Today an Eve employee streamed them texturing. Shot up to just under 1000 viewers.

Who would have thought watching someone texture in game assets would be more fun to watch then someone playing the game.
    Why would I need to watch someone play the game when i can play it myself? Outside of looking for particular boss strategies in a game or some other once-in-a-while need, I have  no use for "Let's play" videos.

However, getting to watch how something in the game is made is interesting and educational.
  • PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 9,525
    OG_Zorvan said:

Why would I need to watch someone play the game when i can play it myself? Outside of looking for particular boss strategies in a game or some other once-in-a-while need, I have  no use for "Let's play" videos.

However, getting to watch how something in the game is made is interesting and educational.
    An amazing number of people also watch artists drawing cartoons, its just one of those things  :)
    OG_Zorvan