Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Avengers

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,000
This movie is beyond good. I didn't expect that much because the trailer I watched(the first one?) looked too cheesy and like it'll be all about HUGE armies clashing and nonsense. This movie is MUCH MORE than that! I still like Ragnarok a bit better, but this is it. Goes right up there to the company of the Winter Soldier.

Also, THANOS! I'm such a HUGE ASS FAN of Thanos! They pulled him off so good...meh everyone can die, for all I care! Go Thanos!

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,738

But we know no one has really died (GotG 3 SM 2 incoming), except for maybe those that died before Thanos got all the stones, like Loki, Hiemdal, Gamora and Vision. The ones the gauntlet "killed" are inside the soul stone. And even some of those will be back probably after Dr Strange and the rest get freed from the soulstone he will use the time stone to bring Gamora back.

I dont understand why they spent so much time trying to pull the gauntlet off Thanos hand instead of just cutting his arm off when it started taking so long.

Gorwe
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,000
    Asheram said:

But we know no one has really died (GotG 3 SM 2 incoming), except for maybe those that died before Thanos got all the stones, like Loki, Hiemdal, Gamora and Vision. The ones the gauntlet "killed" are inside the soul stone. And even some of those will be back probably after Dr Strange and the rest get freed from the soulstone he will use the time stone to bring Gamora back.

I dont understand why they spent so much time trying to pull the gauntlet off Thanos hand instead of just cutting his arm off when it started taking so long.

Hm, this is a nice question. Why didn't they, indeed?

Also, that's why they evaporated(kinda, the best word I can relate it to) instead of exploded or got disintegrated. Nice catch!

I just wish they'd have the stones to do the End Times. Again, I had nothing against Warhammer End Times, but rather how they pulled it off. Imagine Infinity War where the end thing is about to happen and then some half forgotten character(Skurge? Valkyrie?) comes, makes Thanos fart and that makes either the world or Thanos explode. It's...ugh! That's exactly the situation with Manfred.

I just wish for Thanos to win. Tbh, I like him more than anyone not Thor or Loki anyhow. Cap's good, but kinda, idk, preachy? Everyone else is just cool. If Thanos won, this'd allow them to reboot the entire franchise in 5 years time or whatever. Also, he deserves to win after what he went through in his CU version.
    Asheram
    edited April 2018
    Also, what's up with that Infinity Gauntlet in Nidveilir(Brokk and Eitri's forge)? Could that be important for Inf.War 2? (if Dark Souls have taught me anything, it's that barely anything's there by coincidence)
    Gorwe said:
    Also, what's up with that Infinity Gauntlet in Nidveilir(Brokk and Eitri's forge)? Could that be important for Inf.War 2? (if Dark Souls have taught me anything, it's that barely anything's there by coincidence)

Tyrion said Thanos forced him to make the gauntlet, that one in the forge looked like a mold to me.

From the credit scene it looks like we will see Captain Marvel in the next installment, she will probably break/destroy the soulstone which in turn releases the souls trapped inside and maybe that will be what restores Gamora seeing how it was her soul that Thanos traded to acquire it.

Gorwe
    Asheram said:
    Gorwe said:

Tyrion said Thanos forced him to make the gauntlet, that one in the forge looked like a mold to me.

From the credit scene it looks like we will see Captain Marvel in the next installment, she will probably break/destroy the soulstone which in turn releases the souls trapped inside and maybe that will be what restores Gamora seeing how it was her soul that Thanos traded to acquire it.

I'd prefer if there was more permanent death, but can't have it all, can you? More gravity I believe it's called. But sadly, you are probably correct. Something tells me I'll prefer IW 1 BY FAR.

They must take all due precaution not to destroy Thanos with 2. With this, they could almost have Vader on their hands.
    Asheram
    edited April 2018
    Gorwe said:
    Asheram said:
    Gorwe said:

I'd prefer if there was more permanent death, but can't have it all, can you? More gravity I believe it's called. But sadly, you are probably correct. Something tells me I'll prefer IW 1 BY FAR.

They must take all due precaution not to destroy Thanos with 2. With this, they could almost have Vader on their hands.

I hear you but they have 3 different movies coming that require most of those that "died" in both types of deaths in this movie-Gamora being the one type who was thrown off the cliff and is supposed to be in GotG3 and the others, who were "killed" by the gauntlet- most of the GotG crew, Spiderman and Black Panther, who all have sequels coming up.

Wasn't Thanos's motive in the comics for killing everyone because he was in love with Lady Death. He was so jealous of Deadpool's relationship with her he tried to split up DP's personalities to make him less appealing to her but failed so settled with giving him eternal life so he couldn't die to be with Lady Death?

I wish Deadpool was in it to annoy Thanos.  :D
  • jamorganjamorgan Member CommonPosts: 10
    One thing is for sure the next installation will focus on Captain Marvel. I am so overwhelmed with the characters in this movie. Looking forward to seeing Deadpool and Antman next. 
    Asheram
  • dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited April 2018
    Thought you all meant this at first: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_(TV_series)]The Avengers[/url]

URL is eaten by the forums software.  Mods please fix.

Asheram
    This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.

Another gripe I have about AIW is

it was established in Thor Raganrok that Thor didn't need a weapon to be powerful 

Bit in AIW he once again needs a weapon to be powerful.

dougha1 said:
    Thought you all meant this at first: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_(TV_series)]The Avengers[/url]

URL is eaten by the forums software.  Mods please fix.

So you didnt think it was this?

edited May 2018
    Asheram said:

Another gripe I have about AIW is

it was established in Thor Raganrok that Thor didn't need a weapon to be powerful 

Bit in AIW he once again needs a weapon to be powerful.

Honestly? The best part of AIW is Thanos. If Thanos wasn't as good as he was, it'd be yet another almost schizo movie like Civil War. Russo brothers don't handle multiple parallel storylines with grace. They're best when they can zero in on a thing like in the Winter Soldier(or like with Thanos here). In a way, Ragnarok is better than AIW. I like it better, but then again...Thanos and Thor arc in AIW...hm.
    Also, does anyone know where is Thanos sitting(?) at the very end of the movie? That bluish, kinda Japanese / Asian place. Is it the Soulstone? Alternate dimension? Titan recreated / saved?

/shrug
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Gorwe said:
    This movie is beyond good. I didn't expect that much because the trailer I watched(the first one?) looked too cheesy and like it'll be all about HUGE armies clashing and nonsense. This movie is MUCH MORE than that! I still like Ragnarok a bit better, but this is it. Goes right up there to the company of the Winter Soldier.

Also, THANOS! I'm such a HUGE ASS FAN of Thanos! They pulled him off so good...meh everyone can die, for all I care! Go Thanos!

I was surprised how much I loved this movie. I also noticed that the audience was so quiet and absorbed in watching it.  Virtually nobody talking the whole time.
    Gorwe
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Honestly it wouldn't be as good if Thanos wasn't as godly pulled off as he was(this only proves how important the quality of antagonist is). Still, I recommend everyone to watch this.
    edited May 2018
     Movie Thanos' whole motivation was exactly the same as Samuel Jackson's character in the Kingsman movie. The only difference was he wasn't discriminating between the rich and the poor, that and he wasn't goofy like SJ"s character..

I am really looking forward to Deadpool 2 and

• Hikikomorigamer2007Hikikomorigamer2007 Member CommonPosts: 8
    I  watched it recently i didn't think it was that good to be honest and i hate movies that end on cliffhangers. I also am not a huge fan of the new Spiderman he is kind of a crybaby.