Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Squadron 42: Around the Verse - Bringing Gameplay to Life - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 5,023
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageSquadron 42: Around the Verse - Bringing Gameplay to Life - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

In this week's Star Citizen: Around the Verse developer update, Sandi Gardiner and Sean Tracy take a look at the most recent developments for Squadron 42 and learn more about how the "story animation" team breathes life into "the game's world, where storytelling and interaction collide".

Read the full story here


Comments

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,304
    What this video got me thinking about is how people who have no intention of entering a career where they have a public persona, end up having one. They have to do these sort of videos when they thought it was going to be all about say coding or game design.

    Sandi for example always comes across well, but then she is an actress, she expected to do this sort of thing. But all the others who sit with her look like they would pay to be somewhere else. :)

    Graphics looking very good, but then I don't think that's going to come as a surprise to anyone.
    SBFordOctagon7711TamorandHerase

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I hope I'm still alive when this game releases in 2042.
    KyleranScotTamorandAsheram
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 466

    nameuser said:

    I hope I'm still alive when this game releases in 2042.



    According to a handfull of trolls, the project was collapsing 3 years ago then every quarter since then... :)

    Indeed it keep growing in terms of funds anf new Backers but more important: assets.

    Quaterly patch delivered and Beta at the corner by Mid-2019 (in 12 months) as almost all jobs will have been added (transportation, salvaging, mining, exploration, bounty hunter...) and new locations (the size of a real moon/planet!!!) added with one planet covered with cities as seen in 2017 CitizenCon.

    At least Backers are able to build with CIG the game they are looking for. If you can't stand Alpha game development, just check ATV's relesed weekly that will give all insight about progress and gameplay.
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,422
    edited April 2018
    JoeBlober said:

    nameuser said:

    I hope I'm still alive when this game releases in 2042.



    According to a handfull of trolls, the project was collapsing 3 years ago then every quarter since then... :)

    Indeed it keep growing in terms of funds anf new Backers but more important: assets.

    Quaterly patch delivered and Beta at the corner by Mid-2019 (in 12 months) as almost all jobs will have been added (transportation, salvaging, mining, exploration, bounty hunter...) and new locations (the size of a real moon/planet!!!) added with one planet covered with cities as seen in 2017 CitizenCon.
    According to a handful of fans, the game's been less than two years from beta since 2012.
    Arglebargle
     
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Scot said:
    What this video got me thinking about is how people who have no intention of entering a career where they have a public persona, end up having one. They have to do these sort of videos when they thought it was going to be all about say coding or game design.

    Sandi for example always comes across well, but then she is an actress, she expected to do this sort of thing. But all the others who sit with her look like they would pay to be somewhere else. :)

    Graphics looking very good, but then I don't think that's going to come as a surprise to anyone.
    Agree lol, I hate when i'm asked to talk about music a write i'm like, "God why have you forsaken me" , in the end I know it's for the best, but that stil won't stop me crying in my pillow about it.

    Think it's that thing, some people are great at explaining what they do while others haven't got a clue lol.
    Scot
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 466



    According to a handful of fans, the game's been less than two years from beta since 2012.


    ... except it is totally false as you avoid to precise on purposes, that scope of project was changed with backers approval to 2 Triple-A games (Solo + MMO). It was Mid-2014 and since then, CIG received +140M+ of NEW pledges. Now explain to all why first Backers and new Backers kept throwing more pledges since 3 years and half while being in full disagreement with project scope... :) Good luck.

    By the way, most fans as you like to name them are not expecting Beta before Mid-2019. Quality means time and 6 years by end of Nov 2018 is nothing knowing from where CIG started end of 2012. Keep funding at your leisure EA and Ubisoft with their next reskined Triple-A.
    ScotchUpErillion
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,839
    Getting 'Backers approval' is like asking dogs if they want fresh meat.   

    And don't expect anything on schedule or 'soon'.  Check your history for Roberts' productions.   

    In the early days of SC, I predicted a 2020 release.  It now seems I was overly optimistic.


    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,967
    Release date?

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • EvokerzEvokerz Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Release date?
    2042
  • feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Why does everyone shit on this? From all accounts they're trying something grand and different than any other mmo out there. For everyone tired of the holy trinity and insert orcs here, add armor and a sword, que up some generic spell animations and presto! New MMO!!! ... you should be giddy in your computer chair. Internet gamers will complain about fucking anything lol
    Erillion
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,325
    feztonio said:
    Why does everyone shit on this? From all accounts they're trying something grand and different than any other mmo out there. For everyone tired of the holy trinity and insert orcs here, add armor and a sword, que up some generic spell animations and presto! New MMO!!! ... you should be giddy in your computer chair. Internet gamers will complain about fucking anything lol

    It's the internet. Troll country. ;)

    I backed the game all the way back in the beginning on kickstarter for $45 and never regretted it.

    Plenty of other games to play in the meantime and I just jump in now and then to check on progress.
    Erillion
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Well they are the largest crowdfunded game ever... 180+ million dollars with no strings attached... they have no release date and every freedom a game dev could ever wish for.

    They've also made every claim under the sun from saving PC gaming to making the most immersive living digital world ever.

    Of course they'll be people criticizing it.

    What they've delivered after 6-7 years of development is fancy graphics and buggy, shallow, generic gameplay. That could change once they keep adding features.. but that's going very slowly.

    Then again there's others who literally think it's the second coming of Tetris.

    Play one of the free fly weekends and make up your own mind.
    Arglebargle

    ..Cake..

  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,422
    edited April 2018
    feztonio said:
    Why does everyone shit on this? From all accounts they're trying something grand and different than any other mmo out there. For everyone tired of the holy trinity and insert orcs here, add armor and a sword, que up some generic spell animations and presto! New MMO!!! ... you should be giddy in your computer chair. Internet gamers will complain about fucking anything lol
    Haters aren't the only ones spreading shit, often the fans are even more guilty.

    Someone makes a remark about their release date issues, and immediately fans argue that the project is not collapsing. From there it proceeds to fans generally blaming haters who are just lousy people.

    An argument requires two sides.
     
Sign In or Register to comment.