Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14 - Still need to repeat content?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
I loved most of FF14 when I played it, but what really got to me was the need to repeat the same dungeons and encounters over and over on different difficulties.  Have they done away with that at all?

Thanks!

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Same ol deal.

Although I have to say the only things that are EXACTLY the same but with difficulty ramped up are primals and raids.  The hard dungeons are totally different dungeons for all intents and purposes.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Different encounters and stuff?  If I remember correctly, I had a checklist of the same basic content I had to do on a daily basis.  I may be fuzzy on that.
    Different encounters and stuff?  If I remember correctly, I had a checklist of the same basic content I had to do on a daily basis.  I may be fuzzy on that.
    Ah, you're talking about dailies.  Yeah, it's still WoW.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Not confined to FF14 or indeed MMOs, but dailies make me start to feel my game is a job.
    edited April 2018
    Scot said:

Not confined to FF14 or indeed MMOs, but dailies make me start to feel my game is a job.
    Ehhhh, they can be less intrusive if they really wanted to.  I like the way that Albion did this actually, where you get some xp, some money, and a little something something but it wasn't the main way you earned gear.  To me that's what dailies should be, an optional thing that gives you some rewards other than gear.

The whole WoW-ification of the genre has made most games feel like a chore.  Everyone expects to be able to farm tokens from daily dungeons to buy gear with, so devs are generally scared of doing anything different.

Problem is this leads to boring, repetitive grind and a need to churn out new dungeons at breakneck pace to keep players happy.  Then you end up with massive power creep, useless content, etc etc.