Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Acres??

teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347

Ok this is a stretch but I have to ask about this. I played UO for a year or two back in 1998 and 1999, and a friend of mine had a rune that was marked in an area that he was told named "Green Acres". HE soon found that it seemed to take him to an area that was just grasslands for miles. No Trees, Buildings and what seemed to be no way out. Anyone know of this or had any experience with this. I watched him go there and it was pretty crazy. The two funniest things were when he found out he could smuggle ostards to the regular world through this, and the best thing that he did that still has me laughin was when some fool kept buggin him to take him somewhere he opened a gate to Green Acres and straight PKed his ass, with nowhere to run. LOL it was funny as hell.

Let me know if any of you has heard of this. Thanks.

Shots out!

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

Comments

• TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218

Me and my rl buddy used to have a rune we had marked "home"  on it, but in fact it was green acres.   We used to gate people there all the time and pk them but one day a gm popped out of the blue and we told him we found the rune. {i dont even  remember how we got it} Months later I was in Serps Hold and a fisherman pulled me to the side and asked me if i wanted to buy a rune to green acres. He asked me if i was familiar with it and i replied yes i was. He wanted to sell it to me for 200k. The obvious problem with a rune is that  they can be picked up quickly if u decide not to gate off it to see where it actually goes. So i just got my buddy to come there and stealth up to him and i was gonna gate from a fair distance......the fisherman drops the rune and bam my buddy nabs it up and we laugh like hell and gate outta there. So we get back to the guild house and sure enuff it was green acres off the gate. We tried to place a house there but couldnt do it for some reason, it seemed that you would be able to and i heard of others doing so.....Its been almost a year since i quit UO and to be honest i wasnt there the last entire year of my playing so i couldnt tell you if it still exists or what...sure do miss them UO days though.

THE DONS REPRESENT!!

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

i went to GA back in 99 with one of my friends on pacific, its a pretty poitless place.. but if your caught there you can get banned, if your lucky the same will happen to you that happend to me and my friend we were messin around seein who was the fastests when a gm showed up and didnt say anything but before we knew it he transfered up into the black area of the world map where you cant move.. we were there fot about 20mins then xferd to brit, and we both got a msg that if we were found back there again our accounts would be perma banned, then the rune was gone from his bag

and yes green acres is still there

DiGiTyDarKMaN Lettin All The Sexy Ladies Know -

image T-I-Double-Ga-Errr Babyimage

• Nazgul11Nazgul11 Member Posts: 56

Hi,

What shard is this green place?? I want to see this and I'm on Atlantic. Do you have any runes there on Atlantic?? What Facit?? Thanks,

Nazgul

naz, green acres is on every shard, its just a portion of the map, where its all green and nothing else, no trees no nothing all blank green land used by the gms for evil experiments or something, theres a few portions of the map setup like this

good luck getting in, i went there quite some time ago, the gms have worked hard on getting rid of all the runes

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• Nazgul11Nazgul11 Member Posts: 56

Thanks, but how does one get into the place with out a rune?? I see that it is on the side of Yew, but I dont think i can drive my boat into it I'm guessing ^^. Is the land flat or hilly cuz im thinking of a really really big money maker to sell runes if u can place houses ^^. All about the gold baby^^.But ya, can i only get in by the runes? or does anyone know how they generated??

Thnkas tons tho,

Nazgul

i know of no way to get into there without a rune

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO