Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Last Epoch (ARPG) with free playable DEMO on KS

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch?ref=section_games_popular

https://discordapp.com/channels/368953963267096586/414295382625878037

this game is really awesome so far, devs are super cool, they are at 27% right now, goal is 210k

Rykker on The Last Epoch



Cosmetic only shop (POE style)
«1

Comments

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,225
    Looks interesting, but I'm done with cosmetic cash shops. I have enough of those games and I'm not adding any more right now.
    silent protagonist, dirty mmo gamer, filthy casual
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,447
    The whole game looks very much "POE style"  :)
    Torval
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,487
    The whole game looks very much "POE style"  :)
    Sold.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 

  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member RarePosts: 2,132
    The whole game looks very much "POE style"  :)

    But with animations that are worth a damn.  Might give it a go.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 481
    I hope they add WSAD movement as well
    SirAgravaineStoneRoses
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,023
    hmm I'm interested.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    try it out, the demo is free on KS pretty cool way to promote
    3 classes to try, Beastmaster, Sorcerer, Void Knight of the 10 they will have at launch
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited April 25
    Hell I would have no problems with POE if the camera was this far out......


    Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho
    Post edited by cmacq on
    Torval
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,023
    I played the demo, I like the foundation they've got going. I like the class building so far. Obviously it being an prealpha demo it is really rough but I still found myself playing it for 5 hours or so.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    cmacq said:
    Hell I would have no problems with POE if the camera was this far out......


    Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho

    they have said in the discord that they are looking at backpack space options
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    bump it up
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 10,400
    Played the demo. Fun little game. You can tell it is a passion project. I like when a developer releases a demo with their crowdfunding. Will be interesting to see how far the game progresses and evolves. I threw them some support. Why not. 
    TorvalStoneRoses

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 4,820
    edited April 29
    Torval said:
    Looks interesting, but I'm done with cosmetic cash shops. I have enough of those games and I'm not adding any more right now.
    Honestly, unless you're done with gaming in general, almost every game has a cash shop of sorts, even single player games for the past few years. I mean its like developers/publishers think we should be praising them if they dont have loot boxes and be thankful they only have a cash shop....Or that they allow us the privilege to buy into their alpha/beta testing when around a decade ago they constantly had applications to recruit alpha/beta testers. Feels like the world is becoming more and more upside down due to greed and the general populaces' impatience.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
  • WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 14,362
    Umm no,it still looks like a super cheap game.
    Also the narrator of the video sounds like he is sponsored to hype this game up.He makes a claim that ALL classes have a unique identity,seeing how it is a new game,he is making that statement up aka sponsored.
    He also makes too much reference to Diablo games of which i think are total crap,well to be fair AL arpg's are crap until i see ONE developer put some effort into them.

    I have made the statement before,i can't stand trees or point systems.

    MyrdynnSirAgravaine

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,225
    Albatroes said:
    Torval said:
    Looks interesting, but I'm done with cosmetic cash shops. I have enough of those games and I'm not adding any more right now.
    Honestly, unless you're done with gaming in general, almost every game has a cash shop of sorts, even single player games for the past few years. I mean its like developers/publishers think we should be praising them if they dont have loot boxes and be thankful they only have a cash shop....Or that they allow us the privilege to buy into their alpha/beta testing when around a decade ago they constantly had applications to recruit alpha/beta testers. Feels like the world is becoming more and more upside down due to greed and the general populaces' impatience.
    I get that the whale / optional cosmetic cash shop model works for lots of people, but it's not for me anymore. I feel like there are still a lot of options where I can be an explorer, collector, achiever, adventuring in worlds, without having to keep paying and paying.
    StoneRoses
    silent protagonist, dirty mmo gamer, filthy casual
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,487
    Played the demo a fair bit, threw them some money, the project is well underway and fun, why not?

    Immediately backed Black Geyser too, looks impressive.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Torval
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 

  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Myrdynn said:
    cmacq said:
    Hell I would have no problems with POE if the camera was this far out......


    Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho

    they have said in the discord that they are looking at backpack space options
    Really hope they do. 
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Took two characters to 50, feels C-list. Not really sure what paladin is going to bring the table when Void-Knight is basically purple paladin. Worried about dots being too strong once again.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 11,263
    I'm rather fond of these "B" list ARPGs and this one looks like they're putting a lot of thought into the active/passive skills and character development which for me is where the fun is.

    Will definitely keep my eye on this one.
    TorvalStoneRoses
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    edited May 9
    1 week left they need about 90k to fund, this game is fun and is polished in the demo already.  Get in now at 40$ and be able to demo the Necro next month
    Post edited by Myrdynn on
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    alright guys they currently sit at 171k/210k.  They have done 6 downloads since I started this thread.  Game is constantly being updated, and it has a free demo with 3 and almost 4 of the classes ready to go

    They have 4 days to raise 39k, help em out and head over to discord
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,278
    This game looks good I hope they make it.

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    3 days 29k
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    edited May 13
    one of the build guides with gameplay, really cool.  Especially if you like totems in POE


    Post edited by Myrdynn on
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,109
    made it!
Sign In or Register to comment.