Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I right to avoid Star Citizen?

1235»

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The last thing you want to do is take advice from the people posting about SC on this site, including me.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    goboygo said:
    The last thing you want to do is take advice from the people posting about SC on this site, including me.
    Cmon now,  while there are certainly fans here, they regular provide updates and info which I always appreciate.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:

OP has used this type of trolling before, he creates a question thread, waits for the post that he wants, decides not to try a game and then lets the posters carry on in a flame and troll wars. ignore this dude, he is toxic.

I am looking for opinions on this game, both good and bad.  I know you've got a mad-on over my posts about SotA, but I'll not allow you to slander me.  Reported.
    Cmon dude, now the innocent act? You do regularly create threads with "baiting" questions which if you had read any of the threads on SC or most any other game they've already been long beaten to death.

You are reading the other threads right?

IDK, maybe I do.  But that's never my intent when I start the thread.  I ask a lot of questions to gather opinions and info before I get into something, always have.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited April 2018
    Eldurian said:
    sgel said:

I don't agree with you labeling everyone who disagrees with you on SC, toxic and scum.

That's great because I don't. I'll use SOTA as an example again. I don't find their questing system terribly innovative or compelling despite the fact it's supposed to be a primary feature of the game. When asked for my honest opinion on SOTA I never leave out the downsides. Furthermore I feel qualified to give my opinion because I've invested at least 20 hours into the game so while I'm not going to comment on the endgame I'm perfectly qualified to comment on the new-player-experience. 

If someone has a similar stance on SC that they just don't find the content compelling, that they are unsure the game will succeed etc. fine. They have their opinion and they are free to express it. Nothing wrong with that.

If went over to the SOTA section, the SOTA reddit, the SOTA forums etc. and attacked everyone who enjoys SOTA over and over and over and over and over for month on end like blorpykins and Aron_Swordmaster I would be a toxic asshole / scum.

And doing the same thing to SC makes you at toxic asshole and scum.

See it's not your opinion. It's your tiresome unwanted opinion repeated 50,000 times in a place nobody wants to friggin hear it.
    Yet here you are, posting again and again how people who stick to their opinion are scum and assholes.

Yet somehow that's better than people who still have a negative opinion of a game they purchased after years of sluggish development and don't come out and call people scum and assholes.

..Cake..

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Eldurian said:
    sgel said:

I don't agree with you labeling everyone who disagrees with you on SC, toxic and scum.

That's great because I don't. I'll use SOTA as an example again. I don't find their questing system terribly innovative or compelling despite the fact it's supposed to be a primary feature of the game. When asked for my honest opinion on SOTA I never leave out the downsides. Furthermore I feel qualified to give my opinion because I've invested at least 20 hours into the game so while I'm not going to comment on the endgame I'm perfectly qualified to comment on the new-player-experience. 

If someone has a similar stance on SC that they just don't find the content compelling, that they are unsure the game will succeed etc. fine. They have their opinion and they are free to express it. Nothing wrong with that.

If went over to the SOTA section, the SOTA reddit, the SOTA forums etc. and attacked everyone who enjoys SOTA over and over and over and over and over for month on end like blorpykins and Aron_Swordmaster I would be a toxic asshole / scum.

And doing the same thing to SC makes you at toxic asshole and scum.

See it's not your opinion. It's your tiresome unwanted opinion repeated 50,000 times in a place nobody wants to friggin hear it.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you had the magical power to not read those posts that you don't want to hear?
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Maybe you don't want to see it but it's pretty obvious that many of the fanbase exhibit a cult-like behaviour. 
    Nah, only what hateful people desperate to find things to lay against SC use, picking examples to label the generality of a much large community with extra hyperbole.

I guess as the "SC is a scam and will never release!!" has grown so tired, the community is one easy target as a way to continue the mudslinging.
    I never said SC is a scam or that it will never release.

It's ok if you don't believe that many SC fans act in a cult-like behaviour.
    It's also ok if you think "haters" need to make up a reason like this to talk negatively about the game... as if the game and devs do not give enough excuses :)

..Cake..

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited April 2018
    @Sgel - Calling someone an asshole or scum is only a problem if it isn't true. And I am 100% certain I'm not wrong. I'm sure you're convinced you aren't but you've proven to me otherwise beyond any possible shadow of a doubt. Just because you and the other trolls here can't see what you are doing wrong doesn't mean it isn't blaringly obvious. *shrug*
    Well you can call me anything you want.. that doesn't make it true.
    I'm sure you're also 100% certain that my opinion of you is wrong.

We can't all defeat everyone 1v5 but at least we get to voice our opinions.

You should try and be more mature and ignore me instead of calling me scum, an arsehole and a troll.

..Cake..

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    sgel said:
    Well you can call me anything you want.. that doesn't make it true.
    I'm sure you're also 100% certain that my opinion of you is wrong.

We can't all defeat everyone 1v5 but at least we get to voice our opinions.

You should try and be more mature and ignore me instead of calling me scum, an arsehole and a troll.

The old "Let's start fights. Oh, you react negatively to the fight I started! You must not be mature."

Mature people don't sit there and attack the same video game they don't play for 4 years. Assholes do though.
    Babuinixrpmcmurphy
  • RouzukiRouzuki Member UncommonPosts: 66
    To OP: Keep doing your own thing and then just play SC when it releases. If you do that, you win no matter what happens.
    I'm still invested in SC and I keep track of it's development from various sources (including this site)... so I feel I can talk about it.

I haven't got a refund yet but I'll probably wait it out and see if I can 1v5 people in my aurora.

Thanks for calling me an arsehole for the nth time.

..Cake..

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    sgel said:
    see if I can 1v5 people in my aurora.

I think the red baron use to do that before CIG employed him.
    Kyleran
  • RoReaverRoReaver Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited April 2018
    sgel said:

sgel said:

I wanna gonna reply to the sheer cognitive dissonance required to insult a entire group of people and then claim any right to feel insulted at being called a arsehole (or variation of such) but then I realized the old adage:

Btw just as a aside: Mustang Omega owner here so I have even less of a stake in things than you do and even I went from pessimistic, around the time of the Escapist articles, to somewhat hopeful of CIG actually living up to their promises.
    Eldurian
    RoReaver said:
    sgel said:

sgel said:

I wanna gonna reply to the sheer cognitive dissonance required to insult a entire group of people and then claim any right to feel insulted at being called a arsehole (or variation of such) but then I realized the old adage:
    I wasn't insulted.
    I also didn't say that all SC fans act cult-like... just many of them.

..Cake..

sgel said:

I wasn't insulted.

Then why remark upon a objective assessment of your character as displayed so far?

And I didn't say you said all SC fans acted like that, I said you called a entire group (lets call em active dedicated SC fans) cult-like and then remarked upon being called a bellend for it.
    RoReaver said:
    sgel said:

I wasn't insulted.

Then why remark upon a objective assessment of your character as displayed so far?

And I didn't say you said all SC fans acted like that, I said you called a entire group (lets call em active dedicated SC fans) cult-like and then remarked upon being called a bellend for it.
    Why wouldn't I respond to someone calling me scum, an arsehole, a troll (which you did as well :[)?
    Just because I mention it or respond to it, doesn't mean I got offended by someone calling me names on the internet.

Well I only assumed you thought I called the entire SC community cult-like.. which I didn't.
    Sure if you want to get technical.. I did call the group of people who act in a cult-like behaviour, cult-like... sure.

He also didn't call me a bellend, he called me an arsehole, which you obviously knew.
    So guess I'll thank you for yet another derogatory characteristic. 

..Cake..

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Eldurian said:
    @Sgel - Calling someone an asshole or scum is only a problem if it isn't true. And I am 100% certain I'm not wrong. I'm sure you're convinced you aren't but you've proven to me otherwise beyond any possible shadow of a doubt. Just because you and the other trolls here can't see what you are doing wrong doesn't mean it isn't blaringly obvious. *shrug*
    Oh man if only you could look in a mirror once in a while maybe you’d keep the insults to yourself a little better
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited April 2018
    Looks to me like you guys are getting trolled/baited so you respond in a manner that results in bans or the thread being locked.
    sgel said:

Why wouldn't I respond to someone calling me scum, an arsehole, a troll (which you did as well :[)?
    Just because I mention it or respond to it, doesn't mean I got offended by someone calling me names on the internet.

Well I only assumed you thought I called the entire SC community cult-like.. which I didn't.
    Sure if you want to get technical.. I did call the group of people who act in a cult-like behaviour, cult-like... sure.

He also didn't call me a bellend, he called me an arsehole, which you obviously knew.
    Why would you unless you felt it hit a little too close to home?

"These people who shit on my arguments with facts are cultists I tell you" - Sgel, 25th of April, 2018.

Bellend is just the more british equivalent of arsehole. Let me know when you stop playing the victim :3.
    Eldurian
    RoReaver said:
    sgel said:

Why would you unless you felt it hit a little too close to home?

"These people who shit on my arguments with facts are cultists I tell you" - Sgel, 25th of April, 2018.

Bellend is just the more british equivalent of arsehole. Let me know when you stop playing the victim :3.
    Huh? Is that the only explanation you can come up with for someone to respond to a derogatory comment? Maybe widen your thinking a bit.

I've been saying there are SC fans who act as cultists for years and years... I didn't say it for the first time now. I considered myself part of that community once.. I saw how some of them acted then and I still see it today.

I'm perfectly aware what a bellend is and it's not just another way of saying arsehole.
    It's yet another swear word used by a non toxic member :)

Oh and I've never considered myself as the victim in any SC conversation.

..Cake..

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I don't trust anything to do with this game and regret backing it. I would wait until release....maybe around 2032.
    BabuinixKyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!