Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Executive Producer Addresses Class Balance, PvP, Progression & the Vision of Change

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 27,985

imageExecutive Producer Addresses Class Balance, PvP, Progression & the Vision of Change - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - The latest Black Desert Online community producer's letter has been published that contains a wide variety of information about recent missteps by the development team with regard to communication with the player base, as well as information about how development will be moving forward. Several key issues of concern from the community are addressed including PvP, progression, class balance and upcoming changes to the Node/Conquest system.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 24,500
    um good? Make it so.

• ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 4,701
    hmm .. how about making PVE have even the tiniest inkling of challenge to it .. Not the current easy-mode faceroll system we have now that even Hellen Keller could navigate with a brail keyboard .. Just put her in a spot and repeat this sequence till your fingers bleed ..
    ElethonEclypseLife2v
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 18,184
    edited April 21
    Lol - this is comedy gold

"Renown Score was a change to take part in this. We wanted to compensate the adventurers who had overcome the risk of Enhancement and spent millions of Silvers while growing their characters. We also wanted to reduce the instances where adventurers would get killed instantly no matter how good their equipment was due to a slight mistake in PvP. "

Well you failed because renown score only widened the gap from top tier players - making top geared players untouchable - literally at least before you could do SOME damage to them, now due to DR boost you can hit them for 10min and they will maybe take 10% damage.

Lower geared players still die on 2 hits.

It is just emberassingly shocking how out of touch they are with their own game mechanics

Renown made things worse not better - the in-game result is the exact opposite from what they say above.

And this is aside from a total clusterfudge permanent CC that they added to game last patch - which is just inexcusable. Even 1 minute of testing would have uncovered such a glaring bug.

Finally Renown score has 100% killed gear diversity - the only viable thing to go for now is AP - because the more AP you have the higher renown and higher DR you get, again making every player an AP build.

How did they think this was a good idea again?

It's as if a competitor cast a spell on the dev team and is just laughing as they are running their own game into the ground ... hard.
    Post edited by DMKano on
    chojin2kLife2vAsch126UNH0LYEV1L
  • Rudedawg007Rudedawg007 Member CommonPosts: 4
    I stopped playing this game last year when I hit level 56 on 4 different characters.

For me after level 56 any fun in the game became like a second job.

Brutal.
    RadooAlomarEclypsechojin2kdarkopexOzmodan

I stopped playing this game last year when I hit level 56 on 4 different characters.

Brutal.

The soft cap has been raised to 60. Leveling from 56-60 is a lot easier now.
    PhrymarganculosLife2vdarkopex
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 6,799
    This game has two combat modes, powerful or weak. Nothing in between.

You either facemelt everything you touch or you get facemelted.
    You either kill everything in one hit, or you wack at it like you are beating something with a water noodle.

• PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 9,408
    DMKano said:

Brutal.

The soft cap has been raised to 60. Leveling from 56-60 is a lot easier now.
    To be fair, getting to 58 was actually fairly easy particularly with the new crystals, the amount of xp you get from grinding at Bashims was fairly respectable. :)
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 693
    I still enjoy the game once in a whlie but the feeling of some achievement is long gone. I just do my daily grinding and afk fish. Theres just really nothing to look forward to for me. Not to mention its hard to play with the constant 1/2 to 1 second frame rate drops. Hell ill have drops sometime where the sound even cuts. Fighting, fishing at the trader makes no difference.
    Alomarchojin2k

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member UncommonPosts: 607
    How about lowering your damn cash shop prices a bit. 30 bucks for an outfit is a bit rediculouse
    setsua28chojin2kmarganculosLife2vUNH0LYEV1L

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• ananitananit Member UncommonPosts: 173
    these devs are so completely out of touch and incompetent to the point of becoming comical.
    "we widened the gear gap between players to reduce the gear gap between players" is how you would translate the renown system. this is just ludicrous and mindblowing.
    and all of these gear disparity issues have been added while the balance between classes is still in shambles since awakening was implemented years ago.
    truly (and sadly) hopeless.
    chojin2k
  • WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 14,142
    pvp in a rpg ...lol
    Balanced ...lol

Who are they trying to fool?
    When i saw that one hole left open to incorporate rmt ,i knew right away not to trust this developer or at least some of it's employees.
    "fingers bleed" no thanks,that combat system is the dumbest one i have ever seen,i have never looked back and only wish i had never bought the game knowing that KR game design has always been bad and until i see changes or a sing of,they will continue to be bad.
    IDK how it all started,maybe they got the idea of spammy ARPG type gaming from Blizzard,maybe from the early Diablo days,idk where or why but it is really bad game designs.
    chojin2kLife2v

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,538
    After tears of waiting on fix this fucking game is finally uninstalled.
    chojin2k
    Real Fans of Chess don't get bored!
    Real Fans of Soccer don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of Baseball don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of MMORPGs don’t get bored!
    What's your excuse?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 5,916
    What makes this game so popular? Boredom?
    chojin2kLife2v

Great graphics animations and action combat

Also its very solo friendly

Life2vSovrath
  • ananitananit Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited April 22

it is the best 'what if' mmorpg ever.
    what if the devs weren't completely dumb ?
    what if classes were balanced ?
    what if the cash shop wasn't so horribly pay to win and expensive ?
    what if all these layers of stupid RNG progression weren't there ?

you'd have an amazing game if all of these things were fixed.

at the end of the day, it is a decent game in a sea of terrible to average games but it's got some pretty damn glaring issues. if you've never played it though, grab it for 5 bucks on steam and give it a month. it is worth experiencing despite all the issues.
    Post edited by ananit on
    Life2vdarkopex
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,079
    I just want my Xbox One X version to play honestly

No signature, I don't have a pen

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,273
    I just want Airships and from what I understand they are already being added to the game.

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 5,499
    I'd rather play ArcheAge and that shit isn't happening either, lol.

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 6,799
    Mikeha said:
    I just want Airships and from what I understand they are already being added to the game.
    Yeah it's called A:IR
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,273
    Tiller said:
    Mikeha said:
    Yeah it's called A:IR

Yeah its in my SIG. ;)

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,322
    Is it still open pvp late game?

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I'm just tired of the enhancement system. I uninstalled after getting to the end game and being expected to spend hours grinding, only to have it all become irrelevant because RNG was feeling sassy that day.

If that ever changes, I'll give it another go.
    Linif said:
    I'm just tired of the enhancement system. I uninstalled after getting to the end game and being expected to spend hours grinding, only to have it all become irrelevant because RNG was feeling sassy that day.

For this to change they will need to figure out another way of making money.

Because artisian memories is the real cash cow of BDO and it goes hand in hand with horrible RNG and losing enhancment on gear.

The entire system is designed to beat a player up until they give into the cash shop

Ozmodan
    SlyLoK said:
    Is it still open pvp late game?
    Not even late game - you cant hit level 50 without completing a quest that enables your character for PvP.

1-50 can be done in a few hours.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 61
    DMKano said:
    Linif said:

For this to change they will need to figure out another way of making money.

Because artisian memories is the real cash cow of BDO and it goes hand in hand with horrible RNG and losing enhancment on gear.

The entire system is designed to beat a player up until they give into the cash shop

Then it looks like it shant ever see the light of day through my computer.

It's the kind of RNG system that makes Lootboxes seem more appealing... and even then BDO has those too! 
    Ozmodan