Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elgato Green Screen Review - MMORPG.com

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageElgato Green Screen Review - MMORPG.com

As you know, we do a good amount of streaming and video work here at MMORPG.com, so when Elgato said they’d send us one of their pop-up Elgato Green Screens for review, we jumped at the chance. Simply put, there’s no better option for a portable and easily collapsible green screen to use for streaming and video work.

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    LOL. Fail. They send you a product to check out hoping to get this, a nice glowing review, and don't have any available for sale. Opportunity squandered.
    BillMurphy

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    $150? Can't a cheap green blanket do the same?
    Xingbairong
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

nameuser said:

Not as easily as you'd think. As someone who used to use a cheap green blanket. :D
    KilraneTiller[Deleted User]GazimoffSamhael

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

nameuser said:

Well if you can get a nice cheap blanket that has the right material and no shifts in the dye... Sure. I also sure that you can find cheaper green screens out there.

In fact a quick google search showed several alternatives that are proper greenscreens for half the cost or twice the size. But some of them seems to be a bit thin and the rigg they sat on looked either very difficult to put up and down or very flimsy it self. You do not want motion in the cloth.

[Deleted User]

This have been a good conversation

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

nameuser said:

Not as easily as you'd think. As someone who used to use a cheap green blanket. :D

Well true it won't be as easy, but it's like $145 cheaper :P

Seriously this seems really overpriced... It's really nice how you can fold it, but anyone who doesn't have two left hands and feel like it can make a simple matrix to hold the cheap green blanket and it will cost total at most $15 and a bit of work and if you have extra cash to throw you can just go to some local handy guy(blacksmith or something alike) and have it build you the same thing for $40-50.

Of course if you are already a successful streamer I suppose you wouldn't care as much for such a price.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

nameuser said:

Well true it won't be as easy, but it's like $145 cheaper :P

Seriously this seems really overpriced... It's really nice how you can fold it, but anyone who doesn't have two left hands and feel like it can make a simple matrix to hold the cheap green blanket and it will cost total at most $15 and a bit of work and if you have extra cash to throw you can just go to some local handy guy(blacksmith or something alike) and have it build you the same thing for $40-50.

Of course if you are already a successful streamer I suppose you wouldn't care as much for such a price.

150 bucks is nothing. Have you seen the prices of projecter screens?

It looks to be a very solid construction of good quality. You get what you pay for!
    [Deleted User]
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Go buy some green construction paper and a rolling clothes closet thing. I just saved you more than 100 bucks. You are welcome.
    BillMurphy
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    ^^^^ that was surprisingly educational.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

DMKano said:

nameuser said:

Nope - because it won't be true green on video (bottom left corner calibration is true green) - here watch this video that will explain more than you can imagine about why we switched from blue to green screens and how to properly light your green screen to be "true green"

Look past the silly face paint and focus on the message

All of his videos are really informative and fun to watch. I know the face paint is his thing, but people tend to see it and instantly turn away which sucks.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    DMKano said:

nameuser said:

Nope - because it won't be true green on video (bottom left corner calibration is true green) - here watch this video that will explain more than you can imagine about why we switched from blue to green screens and how to properly light your green screen to be "true green"

Look past the silly face paint and focus on the message

Extremely interesting and informative but so difficult to watch. I could only get half way.
    Samhael
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo