Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Level of Interest in Chronicles of Elyria

13»

Comments

  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 4,245
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:
    I would vote but my option isn't there...

    Interested in this game but don't believe it will come out as advertised if it comes out at all.
    Actually, it is there "Is a game I need to learn more about before making a decision" fits perfectly but for some reason, you had to get on the don't believe boat. 

    This Poll isn't about whether or not the game will come out, I am not sure what is so hard to understand about that. 
    No. I have learned enough about the game, it not a lack of information on my part but a lack of trust and belief in it.

    This is the main issue with your poll, you're trying to skew things to fit in a way you like or like others have said in a positive manner that makes CoE look better so to speak.

    The way your poll is set up is if some of us are skeptical or have a lack of faith for w/e reason you want to lump us all in to one of two option:

    uninformed

    or plain

    uninterested in the game and thus trolls simply out to bash it


    When plainly that is not the case for many....
    I am not trying to skew anything. I created the poll for myself because I was curious as to what the result would be. I didn't create it to pump CoE up or put it Down. It is you bunch who has turned it into something it never was meant to be. 

    So interpret it however you want, I got the answer I was looking for.  I am done defending it. 
    It was skewed, maybe not intentionally, but the bias was there.  (2 options for 'interested', 1 for 'neutral' and 1 for 'not interested' -- that's definitely a bias.)  The wording of the individual points gave me the impression that there was some kind of prestige associated with financially backing this project.  It's bad enough that the game wants to segregate their customers, but it may actually be worst when the potential players want to lord this status over others.

    I did vote.  I was the 11th vote, and I voted 'Need more info'.  At the time I voted, the tally was 2, 2, 2, 5, with 5 (49%) being 'No interest'.  This game, both the developers and supporters, have put out enough information to scare away any potential interest from this site.  I'm sorry you can't seem to accept that.

    I'd suggest that the CoE faithful go underground until there is actually something a lot more tangible to discuss.  Let the negative vibes blow over and start the positive spin when people can actually see and try the game for themselves, not be told "the devs said something great today, but I can't tell you because NDA".  That will turn away the curious quickly, and has.




    Slapshot1188DakeruJamesGoblincraftseekerAsm0deus

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 4,245
    CoE's ideas don't exist in a vacuum. Nobody can discuss specific aspects of the game design without their overall opinion regarding the project's likely success "bleeding through".

    So expect "the same criticisms" to surface in every discussion regarding CoE. It happens with every game, CoE will be no different.
    If someone is tired of hearing me ask 'where are these million people that the developer is counting on', maybe try supplying some answer to where these players will come from.  Or at least show that the developer has some idea about what their future customers are doing, a marketing plan to attract these people, or even points about why this game will appeal to a certain type of player.  Giving some clear factual indication that the project will actually be finished in our lifetimes would derail some of the hardest criticisms.





    JamesGoblin

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 543
    AnOldFart said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Well this thread was quickly hijacked and twisted from it's original purpose. Pretty much like every topic that comes about this game, problem is it's usually the same suspects commenting how the topic is pointless because the game will fail then the "white knights" as people have been calling them coming in to correct mistakes or to put across a justifiable reply to then get trolled down.
    By justifible reply I am meaning giving a reaponse that might be a counter to the negative comment that in their eyes justifibly counters said negative response.

    The intention of the poll was quite obvious and yet people twisted to their own ends. At least I have learnt one main point in this thread, when asking a question via a poll with two answers:
    yes and no
    That’s certainly one perspective.  

    I think its far from the truth of what happened but you are entitled to your own thoughts.
    Your right it is my perspective and you may think it's far from the truth but people juat have to look at all the threads and how some people constantly derail them with the same negative points.
    I think I have seen 2 threads disrailed and 1 with multiple attempts to disrail it and that' in my month of being on these forums. 

    But that only seems to happen with regularity and always by the same people.

    Now don't get me wrong I think @Slapshot1188 and @Kyleran make some good points and some of those reasons are why I haven't preordered the game. It's just a shame some of the others aren't as constructive but seem to just jump on the bandwagon. 

    btw I @ you because I didn't want others to think i was talking about them.

    ***edit***
    I said you make some good points but the points don't need making in all the threads.
    Ok.. go back in this thread.  You will find that neither @kyleran or I “derailed the thread”.  The only comment by either until mystic deleted it was when I self edited my post to say Nevermind right after I posted it. I didn’t even vote because it was a farce.

    The real fallacy being propagated is that there are just one or two people who push their anti-COE agenda on everyone.  Unlike Caspien, there is nobody saying we should go Share The Gospel.  

    The more times threads like this are made, and then pulled down because people call bullshit on it.. the better as far as I am concerned.
    I think you need to reread my comment, I said you and kyleran make some good points on occasion.

    You seem to have taken my original post to mean you specifically. It wasn't, I know you didn't try to derail this thread but someone else did.


    You (as well as others) have though in the past brought the same topics up numerous times in previous threads, and whilst I agree with some points you make I don't need to see them countless times in different threads sometimes which have no relevence.

    The most constrctive person on these forums though is @Kyleran because he puts forward points for and against this game and I have seen some of his non-CoE posts and all his posts seem to be relevant and to the point.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,026
    edited April 2018
    AnOldFart said:
    AnOldFart said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Well this thread was quickly hijacked and twisted from it's original purpose. Pretty much like every topic that comes about this game, problem is it's usually the same suspects commenting how the topic is pointless because the game will fail then the "white knights" as people have been calling them coming in to correct mistakes or to put across a justifiable reply to then get trolled down.
    By justifible reply I am meaning giving a reaponse that might be a counter to the negative comment that in their eyes justifibly counters said negative response.

    The intention of the poll was quite obvious and yet people twisted to their own ends. At least I have learnt one main point in this thread, when asking a question via a poll with two answers:
    yes and no
    That’s certainly one perspective.  

    I think its far from the truth of what happened but you are entitled to your own thoughts.
    Your right it is my perspective and you may think it's far from the truth but people juat have to look at all the threads and how some people constantly derail them with the same negative points.
    I think I have seen 2 threads disrailed and 1 with multiple attempts to disrail it and that' in my month of being on these forums. 

    But that only seems to happen with regularity and always by the same people.

    Now don't get me wrong I think @Slapshot1188 and @Kyleran make some good points and some of those reasons are why I haven't preordered the game. It's just a shame some of the others aren't as constructive but seem to just jump on the bandwagon. 

    btw I @ you because I didn't want others to think i was talking about them.

    ***edit***
    I said you make some good points but the points don't need making in all the threads.
    Ok.. go back in this thread.  You will find that neither @kyleran or I “derailed the thread”.  The only comment by either until mystic deleted it was when I self edited my post to say Nevermind right after I posted it. I didn’t even vote because it was a farce.

    The real fallacy being propagated is that there are just one or two people who push their anti-COE agenda on everyone.  Unlike Caspien, there is nobody saying we should go Share The Gospel.  

    The more times threads like this are made, and then pulled down because people call bullshit on it.. the better as far as I am concerned.
    I think you need to reread my comment, I said you and kyleran make some good points on occasion.

    You seem to have taken my original post to mean you specifically. It wasn't, I know you didn't try to derail this thread but someone else did.


    You (as well as others) have though in the past brought the same topics up numerous times in previous threads, and whilst I agree with some points you make I don't need to see them countless times in different threads sometimes which have no relevence.

    The most constrctive person on these forums though is @Kyleran because he puts forward points for and against this game and I have seen some of his non-CoE posts and all his posts seem to be relevant and to the point.
    Thank you for clarifying. 

    You may note outside of casting a vote I made no comments until after the OP stated yesterday she had the info she was looking for.

    Then it is true, I did go a bit off topic by first making a humorous response to anothers comment, (something I'm known to do) and a response to Wizardry which just can't but be off topic of course. 

    I did challenge the OPs response regarding crystal balls, I despise arguments that success or failure is beyond reasonable prediction, but of course can't be absolute in most cases, nor totally accurate.

    Of course taking the poll down prompted a snarky response, probably should have dialed that back a bit as OP is free to do as she wishes with her poll.


    Asm0deus

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,343
    edited April 2018
    Looking at the thread to day it kind of looks like I am the reason the poll was killed?

    I find that kind of sad really as my post was not trolly or bashing at all. 

    I have a keen interest in the game, hell I even have an account so I can post in the main forum over there though I hardly go there anymore.  Point is I am interested in this game but I don't feel that I am an uninformed jackalope  and I can't say I am uninterested and felt the poll was not made in a way that was "neutral" or allowed me to show my interest without painting myself as something I am not.

    Allow me to show you where I pretty much say the same thing about the game just worded differently and take a special note how the OP thought it was awesome because it was divergent to what some others here were saying yet now suddenly in this thread OP feel offended.

    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7312189#Comment_7312189


    Now if simply criticism like this will be considered drama then I frankly do not know why you guys even bother to post here especially considering you seem to have wanted and expected the thread to go this way.

    Hell if you guy go and read the thread the only one I am seeing get all drama like is the OP herself. 

    My advice to all you poor "victims" is to maybe acquire some tougher skin and you will see all us "haters" are not really haters but rather just very opinionated and you might even see that while it appears we are always in tune we often have highly divergent opinions from one another and are not afraid to call each other out when we feel we are saying something ludicrous.

    Thing is we rarely start hating each other about this and realize it helps us become better posters and have perhaps formed a grudging respect to each other which is what I think you guys might be confusing as some kind of "concerted attack".

    Post edited by Asm0deus on
    Slapshot1188EponyxDamorKyleranJamesGoblin

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 9,029
    edited April 2018
    THE POLL HAS BEEN DELETED. Thanks to those who took the time to vote but I am done with the drama that came with it. 
    That didn't take long. Most of the people were just having an honest discussion here, and why they think this game will not do so well. It should give you a good idea what things about it people dislike. Not a good sign to be honest. They are building this game for a very small minority of MMO gamers, while trying to market it to the majority, what do you expect?

    Would I like to look forward to this game? sure, but some of what they are attempting to inject into it I feel is a huge mistake, mainly the way they monetize the game.  Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
    Slapshot1188Asm0deuscraftseeker
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Sedryn Tyros:

    Trying to gauge the level of interest from people who may be looking for a game like Chronicles of Elyria means trying to filter out all the other extraneous noise of those folks relentlessly hammering a game that even isn't even out yet.  Not an easy task.


    Oddly that is the exact reason I created this poll. I get the impression that many that are interested in CoE don't bother to post in any of the other threads because they have been witness to what goes on there. And I wanted to know if there were others out there that -are- interested in the game, and to what degree. 

    I do find it amusing though how it is all the Naysayers whining about how the poll is not fair.
    The poll wasn’t fair. It’s a common mistake to use language that taints the selections. You asked a question that only needed a simple set of answers, but your options were front-loaded with language assuming WHY someone might choose each answer. Try redoing the poll with the following options:

    Are you interested in CoE?

    -yes
    -no
    -undecided

    Let people explain why in posts if they feel the need. 
    EponyxDamorAsm0deusMendelJamesGoblin
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,257
    Asm0deus said:
    Looking at the thread to day it kind of looks like I am the reason the poll was killed?

    I find that kind of sad really as my post was not trolly or bashing at all. 

    I have a keen interest in the game, hell I even have an account so I can post in the mqin forum over there though I hardly go there anymore.  Point is I am interested in this game but I dont feel that I am an uninformed jackalope  and I can't say I am uninterested and felt the poll was not made in a way that was "neutral" or allowed me to show my interest without painting myself as something I am not.

    Allow me to show you where I pretty much say the same thing about the game just worded differently and take a special note how the OP thought it was awesome because it was divergent to what some others here were saying yet now suddenly in this thread OP feel offended.

    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7312189#Comment_7312189


    Now if simply criticism like this will be considered drama then I frankly do not know why you guys even bother to post here especially considering you seem to have wanted and expected the thread to go this way.

    Hell if you guy go and read the thread the only one I am seeing get all drama like is the OP herself. 

    My advice to all you poor "victims" is to maybe acquire some tougher skin and you will see all us "haters" are not really haters but rather just very opinionated and you might even see that while it appears we are always in tune we often have highly divergent opinions from one another and are not afraid to call each other out when we feel we are saying something ludicrous.

    Thing is we rarely start hating each other about this and realize it helps us become better posters and have perhaps formed a grudging respect to each other which is what I think you guys might be confusing as some kind of "concerted attack".

    I thought the poll covered what it needed to. It may be that I interpreted the option - "I need more information before making a decision" differently. I didn't see it as claiming that I wasn't knowledgeable about the game. I viewed it as requiring information that doesn't currently exist, to see what tomorrow brings before either writing it off completely - "Not interested", or being compelled to give it a try - "Will try it at release".

    I'm not completely up to snuff with this CoE feud happening on the forums, so forgive my lack of perspective, but I believe the OP was treated a little unfairly.
    Dleatherus
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Xodic said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Looking at the thread to day it kind of looks like I am the reason the poll was killed?

    I find that kind of sad really as my post was not trolly or bashing at all. 

    I have a keen interest in the game, hell I even have an account so I can post in the mqin forum over there though I hardly go there anymore.  Point is I am interested in this game but I dont feel that I am an uninformed jackalope  and I can't say I am uninterested and felt the poll was not made in a way that was "neutral" or allowed me to show my interest without painting myself as something I am not.

    Allow me to show you where I pretty much say the same thing about the game just worded differently and take a special note how the OP thought it was awesome because it was divergent to what some others here were saying yet now suddenly in this thread OP feel offended.

    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7312189#Comment_7312189


    Now if simply criticism like this will be considered drama then I frankly do not know why you guys even bother to post here especially considering you seem to have wanted and expected the thread to go this way.

    Hell if you guy go and read the thread the only one I am seeing get all drama like is the OP herself. 

    My advice to all you poor "victims" is to maybe acquire some tougher skin and you will see all us "haters" are not really haters but rather just very opinionated and you might even see that while it appears we are always in tune we often have highly divergent opinions from one another and are not afraid to call each other out when we feel we are saying something ludicrous.

    Thing is we rarely start hating each other about this and realize it helps us become better posters and have perhaps formed a grudging respect to each other which is what I think you guys might be confusing as some kind of "concerted attack".

    I thought the poll covered what it needed to. It may be that I interpreted the option - "I need more information before making a decision" differently. I didn't see it as claiming that I wasn't knowledgeable about the game. I viewed it as requiring information that doesn't currently exist, to see what tomorrow brings before either writing it off completely - "Not interested", or being compelled to give it a try - "Will try it at release".

    I'm not completely up to snuff with this CoE feud happening on the forums, so forgive my lack of perspective, but I believe the OP was treated a little unfairly.

    In the context of this one thread, maybe.  In the context of the overall threads and arguments and discussion put forth so far by the poster.....I really wouldn't like to comment on the poster themselves, but the threads thus far have had patterns that have incited lively debate from all sides, and thus the debate was justified as it is part of a whole that the poster is presenting.

    No one was treated unfairly, as everyone offered up opinions, no personnel affronts, just topic based debate, (to varying degrees but mostly)

     
    Asm0deusSlapshot1188XodicJamesGoblin

  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,560

    Sedryn Tyros:

    Trying to gauge the level of interest from people who may be looking for a game like Chronicles of Elyria means trying to filter out all the other extraneous noise of those folks relentlessly hammering a game that even isn't even out yet.  Not an easy task.


    Oddly that is the exact reason I created this poll. I get the impression that many that are interested in CoE don't bother to post in any of the other threads because they have been witness to what goes on there. And I wanted to know if there were others out there that -are- interested in the game, and to what degree. 

    I do find it amusing though how it is all the Naysayers whining about how the poll is not fair.
    The poll wasn’t fair. It’s a common mistake to use language that taints the selections. You asked a question that only needed a simple set of answers, but your options were front-loaded with language assuming WHY someone might choose each answer. Try redoing the poll with the following options:

    Are you interested in CoE?

    -yes
    -no
    -undecided

    Let people explain why in posts if they feel the need. 
    The other problem, as I posted earlier... is that in order to vote, you have to give a shit.  If a similar poll was made on the XYZ game forum here you would get a few staunch defenders, a few objectors... and the other 95% of the site would ignore it.

    Having a NO or Undecided is really pointless because most of those folks will never see the poll.  MMORPG.COM is so much more than the CoE forum :)
    Then again, a poll with one option isn't much of a poll either.

    But at least it spurred discussion and brought some views to the site.  That's always a good thing! 
     ;) 
    MendelJamesGoblin

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,287
    Topic seems to have gained both in interest and flavour after the poll was deleted.

  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 4,245
    I find it quite funny that neither @Slapshot1188, @Kyleran nor I posted in this thread prior to the poll being taken down.  We each have our issues with CoE and have been vocal about them in other threads.

    I'm still looking for the drama this achieved.  People disagreeing with you and voicing a contrary opinion is an opportunity, not drama.  Attempt to convince them their arguments are wrong.  That's a key principle in formal debate.  Point.  Counter-point.

    If someone was harassing you via PMs, @Mystichaze, that's a job for the moderators.




    KyleranTillerJamesGoblinEponyxDamorAsm0deus

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Poll was deleted?

    What a strange turn of events
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,589
    OrangeBoy said:
    Poll was deleted?

    What a strange turn of events
    Well , someone go tell to OP : Welcome to the forums, where opinions differ and drama happens every time .

    Actually .. "Welcome to the internet" is better ! 

    Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,560
    Don't worry.  Once I get inspired I will make a new thread which is the equivalent of casting a Summoning spell :)

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,880
    If the game launches, I'll be glad to give it a go.

    Maybe learn some trade skill, or maybe take a few scalps of the people that said it would fail.. but came to play it anyway. I'm kinda open in my plans like that.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Ungood said:
    If the game launches, I'll be glad to give it a go.

    I'm kinda open in my plans like that.
    I feel the same, hence why I voted for the second option of trying the game on the poll. I think if/when the game releases, it'll be worth at least glimpsing over.

    I find it funny how OP's conclusion of the poll was to delete it, lol.
    JamesGoblinKyleranMendelAsm0deus
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,848
    Only 1/4 negative option, as expected.

    PS The option "CoE is NOT a game and it'll never become one - rendering the whole poll pointless" should be added, in my humble opinion =)
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with this poster. I very much doubt COE will ever release.

    But, let's just say that SBS actually releases a title called COE. What exactly will that be?  Will it even resemble the game as promised with all the features and functions along with the intended player experience? 

    If and when SBS has something to show.....anything to show.....Then, I'll take a look at that and see if it's something I want to play.

Sign In or Register to comment.