Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am Purple Now

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Vrika said:
    DMKano said:
    Never used ignore in any forum.

Just my 2c - if I don't want to read something - I just skip over it.

I believe that everyone has something good to say at times, even if 99% of the time I roll my eyes a their posts - there is that 1% where they post something really good.

If I were to ignore the poster - I'd be robbing myself of learning what they have to say.
    Or you could put the idiots on ignore, and spent that time reading post from more worthwhile posters, and learn more.

Just my 2c.

Ignoring bad posts is easy by not reading them.

Shutting people out completely just because they say things I disagree with - not how I do it.

Everyone is worthy of redemption.

How would you know its bad , unless you read some or all of it ?

You have to read some of it - but repeated posts in the same thread from the same poster who is on a tirade about something - those are easy to skip and not read.

But again this is very much a judgement call for each person.
      So , you really arent ignoring , more so , skimming over and filtering out the noise , same others do by knowing who they choose to ignore ... Just a way of filtering , unwanted noise ..
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited April 2018
    @DMKano is a Trino shill but I like him, and I would never block him.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Wait i was told he was the pony tail guy who use to work for sony?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Grats! :)
    Lol, congrats dude

It's weird but it does become something to aim for. I know when I was starting to approach the 1500 points needed for purple I started posting more often but as soon as I passed it I just went back to normal. 

Is it 3000 needed for gold?

In a really sad way, I'm kinda proud that I have more points than posts! :tongue:

5000 for Legendary.
    Just wait until the expansion forum comes out and we have to grind to RED...
    I've considered looking into adding Artifact (light gold or red) in the past. Maybe something to revisit. Some of you guys have tons of points past Legendary.
    [Deleted User]
    MikeB said:
    I've considered looking into adding Artifact (light gold or red) in the past. Maybe something to revisit. Some of you guys have tons of points past Legendary.
      Im ahead of the curve .. already have the red ..

MikeB[Deleted User][Deleted User]Kyleran
    Scorchien said:
    MikeB said:

Yeah, that's the Severely Epic hidden tier. Congrats!
    Scorchien[Deleted User][Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    MikeB said:
    Can you just let us buy it in the cash shop instead of grinding the points?  Some people have more money than time... so just having advancement based on participation and response level seems unfair!

Scorchien[Deleted User][Deleted User]KyleranConstantineMerusAlBQuirkyScotSteelhelm

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Rynet said:
    I'm a noob :(

Even sadder thing is my join date. lol

I'm proud of my uncommon status, it means I've managed to keep my mouth shut more often than not.
    SovrathKyleranConstantineMerusAlBQuirkyScotLuxumaru
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Anyone posting meaningless shit to get post counts up I immediately block.   o:)
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    thunderC said:
    I don't really see that as true.

I'd be surprised if he was David Georgeson.
    JeffSpicoli
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    thunderC said:
    I don't really see that as true.

I'd be surprised if he was David Georgeson.
    lol..no hes not
    JeffSpicoli
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Anybody know any good bot software or how to multi-box so I can fast track to legendary?

I'm tired of getting ganked by gold griefers while I'm harvesting Lols. The gear gap is insane!

Send PM.
    KumaponMikeB[Deleted User]AlBQuirkyLuxumaru
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Yeah, 

I was happy to get to blue. Now that we're talking about points . . . I've been saving this for some time.

If you click on a person and make a makeshift ratio of "Agrees-to-WTF" you get an imo "meaningful" ratio. 

Now look at some posters' ratios and it is quite funny, if you think of someone who is nonsensical frequently and click on them. You'll notice a low ratio of agrees-to-wtf. The lower, the poorer, whereas the higher the better. I think i'm only a 5:1 whereas someone like @Sovrath is much higher. 

Just try it. 

Me: 114 agrees over 21 WTF                       = ~5:1
    @Sovrath: 2.1k agrees over 50 WTF             = ~40+
    @Not going to mention 20 agrees over 39 WTF           = ~0.5 ;(

P.S. I am not including LOL/insightful because it takes more time. It's supposed to be quick and dirty. 
    P.S.S One of the funniest things I've seen on the forums is one guy blasting another poster for winning the award for most "WTF"s in one post. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Anybody know any good bot software or how to multi-box so I can fast track to legendary?

I'm tired of getting ganked by gold griefers while I'm harvesting Lols. The gear gap is insane!

Send PM.
    Post 2 Crush
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Scorchien said:
    MikeB said:

lol, that never goes away either.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Tiller said:
    Scorchien said:
    MikeB said:

Sure it does...

.WarnLevel {
    display: none;
    visibility: hidden;
    }

Put it in your browser's custom CSS file.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I think previous Spotlight Posters should have their own color.  Mustard Yellow!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Did you this server? I started playing last month. Best Lineage server ever.. http://lnk.do/XDbb7

spam bot no one cares
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Tiller said:
    Scorchien said:
    MikeB said:

If you behave yourself and ask the editors nicely, they will downgrade or turn it off for you, it worked for me.
    VengeSunsoar
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Now that you are purple @Scot , what are you going to do next ?

[Deleted User]
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    kitarad said:
    OP you earned your points with good posts and I enjoy reading them I do however find the change to allowing WTFs to earn points a bit of a loss of value to the point system. Some posters do not deserve their points since they post nonsensical things that earn them a record number of WTFs.

LOLs can sometimes be attributed (with the exception of @Gdemami ; awarding them) to genuine laughters but WTFs should not contribute to the points at all. That's my opinion of course but people read posts and then decide in what way they react and WTFs is not a good litmus to the content. I suppose I will now earn a whole bunch of WTFs for this post.
    Pretty much why I never give "WTF" and I only give "LOL" when I was genuinely amused.

"Oh yeah, you just posted shit, I'm going to reward you with a WTF which gives you a +1" doesn't sound right to me.
    I didn't even know this, so I may make purple by @Gdemami wtf's alone :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    DMKano said:
    Some people do learn from their mistakes.
    The only poster I have blocked has yet to learn, change, or even desire a discussion. As long as someone wants to "discuss" (this is a forum), I'm all for reading what they have to say, whether I agree or not.

I admire your desire to see the best in people and give millions of chances, though. I just don't want to deal with some folks anymore :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR