Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Word or Phrase Do You Think People Should Start Using?

EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
Ok so here are the rules. You're creating a word or short phrase to simply capture an idea for which no simple word or phrase currently exists. This can be a word you came up with yourself or something you've heard people say that isn't commonly used yet.

These can or can't be gaming related.

So here is one I came up with.

"Anti-Fanboy/Fangirl" - An individual who is as committed to hating something as a fanboy is to loving it. Essentially the equal but opposite of a fanboy.

Examples:
"Man I don't like Justin Bieber's music but you hate that kid so much you come off as an anti-fanboy of his."
"You post as much on the Star Citizen section as much as the actual fans of the game do yet you hate it. Get a life and stop being such an anti-fanboy."

An here is an idea that I think needs one.

If you are married your spouse's family become your "in-laws." "Brother-in-law", "sister-in-law", "mother-in-law", "father-in-law" etc. But if you are simply in a relationship with someone, particularly a long term relationship there is no word to describe their family other than "My girlfriend's brother" etc.

It would be cool to see an "in-law" type phrase arise that describes the family of a significant other you are not yet married to.

Asheram

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,587
    I want to say "Holy fuck knuckles" but Rosspool already created it.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,543
    I kind of miss the phrase, "Thank You." It'd be cool if it came back into style :)
    dougha1Gorwe

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited April 2018
    People need to go back to saying "problem."  Until recently, when someone had a problem, they said "problem."  Now they say "issue" when they mean problem.

Remember, kids: only the publisher or collector of periodicals has issues. ;)

This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.