Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatest ownage in pvp history mmorpg wise ? SHow me what you've got.

2»

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited April 2018
    In the case of the first story we were for sure on equal footing in terms of gear grade and levels weren't really a thing in that game. There were levels but it was simply a measure of the value of all your assets totaled. No statistical advantage over the enemy if you were using the same ships and best grade guns and shields as we all were.

Their gun choices on their ship were poor but they were the same level of weapons as me. I just knew how to optimize a ship better. They had a bunch of codename weapons which were energy hogs while I was using 2 Tizona Del Cid (Shield Busters) 2 Nomad Cannons (Energy efficient hull busters) and 2 Nomad Blasters (Energy Efficient hull busters with a slightly higher refire rate but less DPS)

In the Darkfall case, all I can say is we were all newbs. I'm not sure how their stats compared to mine, but by virtue of how low mine were I shouldn't have been that hard of a target for such a huge group of players. Their player skills were very much lacking though. While my guild was constantly drilling on how to do group vs. group fights it was very apparent they had done no such training.

But that is absolutely why I'm not bragging about ArcheAge fights. I've soloed some groups in that game as well but it was the fact I was playing a mid-tier tank/healer who could just power through all the damage of the newbs attacking me.

Actually though, in terms of ArcheAge fights there was one fight where one of the top geared players on our server tried to steal my burning logs in Calmlands. I attacked him even though he had like 3k+ gearscore on me. At the time I was playing Shadowbane (Vitalism/Defense/Witchcraft AKA Heals/Tank/CC). I was actually tanking through his damage pretty well when my fiance arrived (also 3k less gearscore) and we started beating him down together. He starts popping consumables like mad to stay up and we don't have the gear to handle it. Finally I tell my fiance who is a stealth class "Grab the log and go!" She starts chopping it and I use my Jola's Shield to petrify him while she does. Then he gets out of petrify and I stick him in a bubble. Then he gets out of the bubble and I petrify him with abyssal petrification. Finally, I hop on my mount and ride away. 

He chases me to the Nui (A safe area) and starts talking mad crap while my fiance uses the log to light a brazier on our land. I'm just like "So how much gold in pots did you waste to not kill us and not get the log?" then recall out. Was highly satisfying to show up someone who thought their gear could let them get away with whatever they want.
  • RedecRedec Member UncommonPosts: 43
    In Warhammer I ran in a bomb group as a warrior priest. We had 5 bright wizards and 2 warrior priest. We wiped the zergs. That was good times. Watching them keep coming like the horde and the pile of dead at choke points was a sight to see.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited April 2018
    I was playing PvP WoW, and a level 100 ganked me when I was level 10. 
    Post edited by TheScavenger on
    Scot

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Katilla said:
    that time when the WoW guild raided the other factions funeral they were having and killed everyone.
    That video is hilarious!  I still watch it from time to time. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Katilla said:
    that time when the WoW guild raided the other factions funeral they were having and killed everyone.

Reminds me of the time this Jedi player and a dancer had this big wedding between their characters in swg. They reserved Vreni Island's outdoor stage on Corellia for the day. The CSR helped them prepare it. There were a ton of players there. I guess the Jedi had a bounty and during the middle of the wedding a bounty hunter showed up and killed him ruining the entire wedding.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    There is one saga that come to mind for me, both in Ultima Online. It's a bit of a long story... but dear to me, although I do feel bad about it given I was young and stupid and a bit mean.

I used to be a bit of loner in UO and as a result, my PvP was sneaky and often focussed on trickery and hit & run tactics.  I also enjoyed screwing with peoples heads and had a long history of infiltrating guilds by changing my name with a disguise kit.  This gave me the opportunity to kill entire guilds, loot their belongings and then parade their body parts in town.

There was a guild known as Order of the Rising Blade that used the acronym of ORB for their guild tag.  I created a guild with a similar name and used 0RB as the guild tag.  In Ultima, zero and O looked identical.

I then proceeded to recruit massive amounts of players lure them into my house that had a suspicious collection of blocking boxes leading up to the guild stone.  A friend would then lock a box down in front of the door and we'd proceed to slaughter them.

We managed to clock up nearly 200 recruitment kills before game-masters stepped in and deleted our guildstone.  

Whilst it was a horrible act, it had repercussions throughout the roleplaying community.  Many of the guilds decided to declare me and my colleague as kill-on-sight.   However, this was the new era of Trammel where you couldn't attack anyone unless they were in your guild or you were flagged as at war with them.

So I decided to infiltrate each guild that had members who declared me as KoS and created a trophy room of their body parts and loot.  I maintained this trophy room for longer than I'd care to admit.  So long did I maintain it that I still had it in the Age of Shadows era where the game became more item based and you could avoid dropping your hard earned equipment by paying insurance.

A long time passed and there was only one fellow who had managed to foil my attempts to assassinate him.  I befriended this fellow and pretended to be a complete novice at PvP.  After allow him to defeat and kill me a few times I suggested we turn off our 'item insurance' to avoid excessive costs of training/dying.   He turned off his item insurance and I killed him in seconds, looting a staff of the magi, inquisitor gloves and hat of the magi off him (these were all items he'd paid real cash off an eBay purchase through another player).

He was enraged and spent the next hour paging in-game staff to assist him.  When this didn't eventuate, I invited him to my house where I claimed I would give his items back.  Instead I took him to the dank 'Silence of the Lambs-esque' basement I had crafted as an homage to my scamming and murderous ways.  He looked around at his surroundings, noting the heads of comrades and legacy items of valorite armour and guild clothing that looked all too familiar.

I then revealed the disturbing asperger level vendetta I had against him and instead of handing him back his cherished armaments, I handed him a small book.  This book had one line of text, a URL to an eBay advert where his items were now for sale.

The messed up thing is he bid over $450 Australian for his items only to be bid snipped on two of the better items by a fellow that many knew as "Newbie" or "Avenger".  

Ahh those were the days.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited April 2018
    THe time when in your shadowbane guild somone comes from hours of farming and tell his guild  to check out if a hidden enemy  is there to store his valuables and somone log into an alt from another guild and come to the castle, kill him and take all his goodies.