Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iv never played Blade and Soul or Warframe, Thoughts

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
Kinda bored of current MMO's and i realize these are probably the only 2 i haven't played. Any thoughts on either? 
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Warframe is less of an MMORPG and more of an instance based loot grinder kind of like Diablo or an ARPG, with action combat. It's extremely fun if you are into that type of thing, and you can play the entire game for free (although if you want more frame slots and any platinum items you do have to trade for plat). 

Blade and Soul is quite fun but I haven't played it recently enough to give an accurate representation of how it is currently. I've heard it went a little pay to win, but it still has a decently sized community. When I did play, it was the closest I've ever seen an action game come to a fighting game while in an MMO setting. 
    JeffSpicoli
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Warframe has a useless tutorial and all the commands are bound to counter-intuitive keys. If you have the patience to sort through that, it might be a fun game. 
    JeffSpicoli

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I could never get used to Warframe's control scheme. B&S is ok for what it is. Nothing to write home about on either.
    JeffSpicoli

Joined - July 2004

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Warframe is best f2p western game. But you have to be into the action games. And it is massive despite instances, the economy is booming which allows anyone to really remain f2p and earn everything else through (heavy) grind.
    JeffSpicoli

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    One thing to be aware of in Blade and Soul is that the game is highly sensitive to ping rate when it comes to character performance whether in PvE or PvP. If high personal performance is important to you, you will need either a very low ping or to do some research as to optimal class choice. If your ping is quite high (500ish) it may not be the best game for you.

If you do have a good ping, and enjoy PvP, Blade and Soul may have particular appeal as the combat system is rather deep, to the point where it approaches an arcade fighting game. There is even an element of esports to it, if that should appeal.

As a casual player, I have no problem with a f2p account. I expect serious play would benefit from a subscription, as is generally the case in my experience.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    The OP is the same guy now thinking of going back to Archage. Maybe a break from MMOs is in order? Recharge your batteries, have a think about what MMOs you like best and why.

I have done this on what four(ish) occasions and I started my next MMO fresh, keen and rearing to go.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I really enjoyed B&S until my next weapon upgrade suddenly cost 10x what I had saved up to that point(I had spent very little).  That was the moment I realized they were just getting people invested before revealing their true nature.

...still thinking about giving it another go :*
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited April 2018
    Blade and Soul has the best combat of any game I've played.  There is a massive gap between a good player and a bad one in terms of performance. 

That said, the netcode is shit so half the classes are unplayable.  I was a KFM for as long as I could stand my rotation getting fucked up by ping.  Doesn't help it's the hardest class to play by a county mile and highly ping-dependent either though. 
    Edit:

They've done some relocation with servers so I may just try it again one day though. Time is in very short supply for me though :/
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Warframe was the only one of those I played...The problem with it was so many players were so overpowered that it made it not much fun......So many could kill everything in sight in one second that you basically dont have to do a single thing to win most of the missions....I reached a point where I jsut felt whats the point and just started looting each time and the missions were usually over in less than 5 minutes.....To me games where the players are so OP just arent fun.