Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5k for Ashes and 1k for Pantheon , yet ..

24

Comments

  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,955
    edited March 2018
    You did not fall for that surely? People write stuff like that because they want people to talk about it. Probably untrue. Some people even come on steam forums lying about their wages and I caught one guy since  he claimed to come from the same country I did and I knew he was lying about how much he was being paid. After some further back and fro he even lied about coming from that country.

    People do crazy things for attention and you can generally tell it is a lie when he seems to have no problem about paying $150.  Don't believe everything that you read and rant about it.


    Post edited by kitarad on
    KyleranTorvalYashaXPhryMrMelGibson

  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,515
    edited March 2018
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    How can you legitimately say they're fail projects when they haven't even released yet?  Jumping to the conclusion are we?   Sounds more like you hate these titles so much you're posting this rant just to showcase it. Who the hell knows WHY you hate them so much(At least it sounds like you do from your rants) but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  
    Hey hey, wait a minute. 

    First, yes! They are all fail projects , as we speak. Care to provide with facts? No ? Ok , so fail it is.

    Secondly, I do not hate on this specific titles. I hate on (almost - i guess?) all MMO KS Projects because all they do is take the money and delivers shitty experience. Let's say X has just found about MMOs. First game? The "Lord British awesome MMO". He is excited , he downloads it , he create his very first character and .. and .. "You have been disconnected from the servers - They are to shitty - This game is to shitty" . He then goes /sad face and never looks back ( on MMOs ) .

    So yeah! We even have Legend(ary) KS Project MMO , in the name of Star Citizen. That game will be a myth soon. Some will say "I've been playing it" , some will go "Heard stories that it will be released soon - The one making this statement is from .. 2050 or something" , and so on. And all this , thanks to KS projects who have ruined this genre. 

    PS: but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  - I just gave one exemple of a fully shitty released MMO from KS . Something with Avatar. No , it is not related to the Avatar movie. Ashes and Pantheon will follow the same path.

    kitarad said:
    You did not fall for that surely? People write stuff like that because they want people to talk about it. Probably untrue. Some people even come on steam forums lying about their wages and I caught one guy since  he claimed to come from the same country I did and I knew he was lying about how much he was being paid. After some further back and fro he even lied about coming from that country.

    People do crazy things for attention and you can generally tell it is a lie when he seems to have no problem about paying $150.  Don't believe everything that you read and rant about it.



    Is not about believing this specific story , is about the reality which this story shows. 

    Maybe this one is not true , but I am very sure that this exact story applies to many who actually did this. That is the point of this thread.

    Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 655
    IceAge said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    How can you legitimately say they're fail projects when they haven't even released yet?  Jumping to the conclusion are we?   Sounds more like you hate these titles so much you're posting this rant just to showcase it. Who the hell knows WHY you hate them so much(At least it sounds like you do from your rants) but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  
    Hey hey, wait a minute. 

    First, yes! They are all fail projects , as we speak. Care to provide with facts? No ? Ok , so fail it is.

    Secondly, I do not hate on this specific titles. I hate on (almost - i guess?) all MMO KS Projects because all they do is take the money and delivers shitty experience. Let's say X has just found about MMOs. First game? The "Lord British awesome MMO". He is excited , he downloads it , he create his very first character and .. and .. "You have been disconnected from the servers - They are to shitty - This game is to shitty" . He then goes /sad face and never looks back ( on MMOs ) .

    So yeah! We even have Legend(ary) KS Project MMO , in the name of Star Citizen. That game will be a myth soon. Some will say "I've been playing it" , some will go "Heard stories that it will be released soon - The one making this statement is from .. 2050 or something" , and so on. And all this , thanks to KS projects who have ruined this genre. 

    PS: but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  - I just gave one exemple of a fully shitty released MMO from KS . Something with Avatar. No , it is not related to the Avatar movie. Ashes and Pantheon will follow the same path.

    kitarad said:
    You did not fall for that surely? People write stuff like that because they want people to talk about it. Probably untrue. Some people even come on steam forums lying about their wages and I caught one guy since  he claimed to come from the same country I did and I knew he was lying about how much he was being paid. After some further back and fro he even lied about coming from that country.

    People do crazy things for attention and you can generally tell it is a lie when he seems to have no problem about paying $150.  Don't believe everything that you read and rant about it.



    Is not about believing this specific story , is about the reality which this story shows. 

    Maybe this one is not true , but I am very sure that this exact story applies to many who actually did this. That is the point of this thread.
    As I said before, you can't call them failures yet.  Because you had a bad experience with Shroud, that makes these other titles failures?  Personally, Shroud looked like dog shit from start of development to official release.  I wouldn't call it a failure though, just not my cup of tea. And, its still too early to call it a failure.  Just because YOU think its a failure doesn't mean they are failures.  It's a subjective topic.  
    YashaX
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,858
    it is not just about lame devs taking money from dumb or naive people,it is happening everywhere,look at how much money twitch makes and for what?Millions of people handing over free money in twitch it is pathetic to watch.

    it is why Amazon bought Twitch ,they saw how much easy money people throw around carelessly.

    I remember people spending over a thousand a month in Runes of magic ,this epidemic is everywhere.
    BruceYee

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    IceAge said:
    Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    This isn't entirely true.  Kickstarters are for niche products.  Products that aren't main stream.  Products that aren't about maximizing profit.  Unfortunately large games are hard to make without the pressure from above to keep things in order.  They don't always get finished.  If you don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a game in hopes of your dream being finished you shouldn't do so.  It is just entertainment after all.
    That's a very cheap excuse. Very cheap. And since when KS projects are niche products? That is another cheap excuse to support this kind of projects.

    Large games are hard to make? But small are not ? LOL . Name me one "small niche mmo" which was released. And no , don't throw me alpha mmo's with the "release status" which are full of bugs and such. If they are small , then they at least be able to release a stable version of the game.

    Anyway , you are delusional for thinking this. Even a small and niche product, can be done right and also, they can find companies who can fund. All it takes is a demo and a solid plan. Trust me,  none of this the so called MMO's had any. I don't really remember, but is Ashes of Creation that game where the owner was so mad because he found no company to fund his project? 
    Eh wasnt that Chronicles of Elyria?  I don't remember hearing anything about Ashes having funding issues, and they seem to have gotten further faster than most any of the other in development games lately.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,956
    Maybe people should worry more about how they spend their own money instead of how others spend theirs. I suspect a lot of people would be better off financially if they did. 

    AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

    We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

    #IStandWithVic

  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    both games will fail.
    IceAgeLinif
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,644
    Siphaed said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    So the next time you need a car/house loan, think about what you just said and do it on your own.  No loans, no bank backing you with it's $$.   Because what is a bank but a collection of money held by other individuals that will use said held money for investing in interest-based loans.   You're essentially saying that's bad.


    You have this back to front. When we get a loan for a house we have to prove that we have the means to pay back the loan with interest and the house itself is held as collateral. The underlying principle is somewhat similar to the process a company would have to go through to get a loan from the bank to make a game.  That is, neither the prospective home owner or game dev will get a dime from banks unless they can prove that doing so will be profitable for the bank.

    Crowdfunding is a way to step around this process, and seems to have mainly devolved into a way to milk money from sheep and fund bad business ideas.
    IceAgeMrMelGibson
    ....
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,515
    IceAge said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    How can you legitimately say they're fail projects when they haven't even released yet?  Jumping to the conclusion are we?   Sounds more like you hate these titles so much you're posting this rant just to showcase it. Who the hell knows WHY you hate them so much(At least it sounds like you do from your rants) but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  
    Hey hey, wait a minute. 

    First, yes! They are all fail projects , as we speak. Care to provide with facts? No ? Ok , so fail it is.

    Secondly, I do not hate on this specific titles. I hate on (almost - i guess?) all MMO KS Projects because all they do is take the money and delivers shitty experience. Let's say X has just found about MMOs. First game? The "Lord British awesome MMO". He is excited , he downloads it , he create his very first character and .. and .. "You have been disconnected from the servers - They are to shitty - This game is to shitty" . He then goes /sad face and never looks back ( on MMOs ) .

    So yeah! We even have Legend(ary) KS Project MMO , in the name of Star Citizen. That game will be a myth soon. Some will say "I've been playing it" , some will go "Heard stories that it will be released soon - The one making this statement is from .. 2050 or something" , and so on. And all this , thanks to KS projects who have ruined this genre. 

    PS: but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  - I just gave one exemple of a fully shitty released MMO from KS . Something with Avatar. No , it is not related to the Avatar movie. Ashes and Pantheon will follow the same path.

    kitarad said:
    You did not fall for that surely? People write stuff like that because they want people to talk about it. Probably untrue. Some people even come on steam forums lying about their wages and I caught one guy since  he claimed to come from the same country I did and I knew he was lying about how much he was being paid. After some further back and fro he even lied about coming from that country.

    People do crazy things for attention and you can generally tell it is a lie when he seems to have no problem about paying $150.  Don't believe everything that you read and rant about it.



    Is not about believing this specific story , is about the reality which this story shows. 

    Maybe this one is not true , but I am very sure that this exact story applies to many who actually did this. That is the point of this thread.
    As I said before, you can't call them failures yet.  Because you had a bad experience with Shroud, that makes these other titles failures?  Personally, Shroud looked like dog shit from start of development to official release.  I wouldn't call it a failure though, just not my cup of tea. And, its still too early to call it a failure.  Just because YOU think its a failure doesn't mean they are failures.  It's a subjective topic.  
    How in the world you came to the conclusion that I had a bad experience with Shroud?! Never played it, NEVER will , and I will never play ( and pay to ) any KS MMo's. Not to whats now on the "market".

    Maybe, just MAYBE , someday , sometime , someone will actually do something good with a KS project and delivers a stable, good and a quality MMO, but until then, I will shit on them as much as I want. 

    YashaX said:

    Crowdfunding is a way to step around this process, and seems to have mainly devolved into a way to milk money from sheep and fund bad business ideas.
    Exactly !!

    Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,329
    This is a lesson to anyone thinking of putting serious money into a pet crowd funded project. Think again.
    IceAgeKyleranLinif

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,894
    IceAge said:9
    Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    This isn't entirely true.  Kickstarters are for niche products.  Products that aren't main stream.  Products that aren't about maximizing profit.  Unfortunately large games are hard to make without the pressure from above to keep things in order.  They don't always get finished.  If you don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a game in hopes of your dream being finished you shouldn't do so.  It is just entertainment after all.
    That's a very cheap excuse. Very cheap. And since when KS projects are niche products? That is another cheap excuse to support this kind of projects.

    Large games are hard to make? But small are not ? LOL . Name me one "small niche mmo" which was released. And no , don't throw me alpha mmo's with the "release status" which are full of bugs and such. If they are small , then they at least be able to release a stable version of the game.

    Anyway , you are delusional for thinking this. Even a small and niche product, can be done right and also, they can find companies who can fund. All it takes is a demo and a solid plan. Trust me,  none of this the so called MMO's had any. I don't really remember, but is Ashes of Creation that game where the owner was so mad because he found no company to fund his project? 
    Screeps:  AI Programming RTS at MMO scale, with RPG mechanics to prevent infinite growth, currently running 3 servers with over a hundred thousand unique units on each, with ways to travel between them, and originally made by 1 person that has grown their team to something that hovers around 10 now.

    Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

    "At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,667
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranAllerleirauhMrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...



    'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

    It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

    It is just huge resource waste....'

    Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    IceAge said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

    Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

    People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

    How can you legitimately say they're fail projects when they haven't even released yet?  Jumping to the conclusion are we?   Sounds more like you hate these titles so much you're posting this rant just to showcase it. Who the hell knows WHY you hate them so much(At least it sounds like you do from your rants) but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  
    Hey hey, wait a minute. 

    First, yes! They are all fail projects , as we speak. Care to provide with facts? No ? Ok , so fail it is.

    Secondly, I do not hate on this specific titles. I hate on (almost - i guess?) all MMO KS Projects because all they do is take the money and delivers shitty experience. Let's say X has just found about MMOs. First game? The "Lord British awesome MMO". He is excited , he downloads it , he create his very first character and .. and .. "You have been disconnected from the servers - They are to shitty - This game is to shitty" . He then goes /sad face and never looks back ( on MMOs ) .

    So yeah! We even have Legend(ary) KS Project MMO , in the name of Star Citizen. That game will be a myth soon. Some will say "I've been playing it" , some will go "Heard stories that it will be released soon - The one making this statement is from .. 2050 or something" , and so on. And all this , thanks to KS projects who have ruined this genre. 

    PS: but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  - I just gave one exemple of a fully shitty released MMO from KS . Something with Avatar. No , it is not related to the Avatar movie. Ashes and Pantheon will follow the same path.

    kitarad said:
    You did not fall for that surely? People write stuff like that because they want people to talk about it. Probably untrue. Some people even come on steam forums lying about their wages and I caught one guy since  he claimed to come from the same country I did and I knew he was lying about how much he was being paid. After some further back and fro he even lied about coming from that country.

    People do crazy things for attention and you can generally tell it is a lie when he seems to have no problem about paying $150.  Don't believe everything that you read and rant about it.



    Is not about believing this specific story , is about the reality which this story shows. 

    Maybe this one is not true , but I am very sure that this exact story applies to many who actually did this. That is the point of this thread.
    As I said before, you can't call them failures yet.  Because you had a bad experience with Shroud, that makes these other titles failures?  Personally, Shroud looked like dog shit from start of development to official release.  I wouldn't call it a failure though, just not my cup of tea. And, its still too early to call it a failure.  Just because YOU think its a failure doesn't mean they are failures.  It's a subjective topic.  
    The kickstarter MMO craze started about 6 years ago in 2012. Most kickstarter projects were funded around or shortly after that time. If those were professional MMOs that secured their full multi-million dollar budget back then most of them would be releasing next year, give or take a year or two.

    Games that have come out well before now such as Shroud of the Avatar and Pathfinder Online are games that got pulled out of the MMO oven a few years early. Those games were destined to fail.

    The most recent game to get pulled out of the MMO oven and go into open beta / never wipe again is Life is Feudal. Life Is Feudal is probably the best indie MMO we've seen in many years even in beta. Kind of a sandbox lover's paradise. I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me and say "BUT BUUUUUUUUGS!" and all I can say is I'd rather play a game with full terraforming, territorial control, meaningful PvP, and meaningful consequences for randomly murdering people and bugs then play the most polished bug-free WoW clone ever. And bugs get better over time.

    I'm excited to see what's yet to come because I think LiF is the first of many good kickstarter MMOs to come. I highly doubt it will be the crowning achievement of the kickstarter wave.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,977
    Maybe people should worry more about how they spend their own money instead of how others spend theirs. I suspect a lot of people would be better off financially if they did. 
    Whenever I see these threads, this song always comes to mind first.


    blueturtle13AllerleirauhMrMelGibson
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 389
    IceAge said:
    ..he's broke with games!

    "I am BROKE with games. Max I'd spend is 150 for the founders. After dropping 5000 on Ashes and 1000 on Pantheon, my gaming budget is shot."

    http://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1697169163398339984/#c1697169163398387924

    6k for 2 pathetic KS projects! I hope he will remain broke with gaming budged , so that he will pay max 150 for a game from now on!
    You wish ill on someone because they spent their own money on something that you don't agree with.  Classy. 

    I suppose you have just as much of a right to be envious of someone that can afford to drop money like that as they do to spend it.  
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,671
    I think the point is many ant afford that kind of lavish spending and most of the time it is just plain foolish to spend that kind of money on video games, especailly ones that may not even see the light of day for a few years.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,359
    DMKano said:
    Since when does anyone here get any say in how others spend money?

    Oh wait... yeah this has never been a thing.


    Move on....
    Clearly sir you have never been married.

    Or at least not for long.

    ;)
    anemoScotTorvalShaighMrMelGibson

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,359
    moshra said:ww
    IceAge said:
    ..he's broke with games!

    "I am BROKE with games. Max I'd spend is 150 for the founders. After dropping 5000 on Ashes and 1000 on Pantheon, my gaming budget is shot."

    http://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1697169163398339984/#c1697169163398387924

    6k for 2 pathetic KS projects! I hope he will remain broke with gaming budged , so that he will pay max 150 for a game from now on!
    You wish ill on someone because they spent their own money on something that you don't agree with.  Classy. 

    I suppose you have just as much of a right to be envious of someone that can afford to drop money like that as they do to spend it.  
    Well Dante said the 4th circle of hell was reserved for hoarders and wasters,  I suspect excessive KSer "investments" might fall into the latter category.

    B)
    BruceYeeMrMelGibson

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,962
    Everything is relative. Some people spend a lot of money on certain things that others wouldn't. 

    We all play games here but doesn't mean we all agree with putting in equal resources. 

    It's like this, we all drive, but not everyone buys a luxury car, for some people, they just don't care about cars, for other people, they get a ton of utility from cars so they put their money into it. 

    I'm a big gamer, but I try to minimize my spending, I am actually extremely cheap when it comes to video games (sans the Entropia which is more like an investment imo)

    But for other games, i buy on sale, i try not to buy from the cash shop, I buy only a few games a year and it is mainly during the Steam sales when they are for a ridiculous low price. 

    I probably spend $200-300 max a year on games, of course, entropia is excluded as I can money out of it. 

    Then again, I bought an expensive car I could barely afford . . . but then again, it drives me which is precisely why I bought it.  . . . I'm a horrid driver. 

    Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,515
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.

    Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    This is a fairly selfish logic IMO.  You are saying that the only good thing is new.  The reason is there is potentially a market for it.  Someone wants to play these games or they wouldn't be in production.  I'm not sure these types of games can exist in today's world because people are much more busy and don't have time to spend, but it's a free market in the US at least and people can make what niche products they can afford to make.  You don't get to decide what is valid in modern times and what is not valid.  I have played some RPG maker games recently that are indie games and enjoyed them more then modern games due to the fan service style that can break the bounds of what is acceptable in terms of story to mainstream people.
    MrMelGibson
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,667
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    I am just pointing out a huge flaw in your logic so easy to see you don't even need half a brain to noticet. You call unreleased games a failure and shitty but a game that has actually released and flopped is something you root for. You make no sense with your behaviour. Unless you just want to bash crowdfunding of course. Ohh, wait....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...



    'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

    It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

    It is just huge resource waste....'

    Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,908
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    I am just pointing out a huge flaw in your logic so easy to see you don't even need half a brain to noticet. You call unreleased games a failure and shitty but a game that has actually released and flopped is something you root for. You make no sense with your behaviour. Unless you just want to bash crowdfunding of course. Ohh, wait....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Lahnmir , please, stay away from my topic. I said it loud and clear : I have something against KS MMO Projects and NOT any unreleased games. 

    You got it now? Good, now off you go ..

    Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    This is a fairly selfish logic IMO.  You are saying that the only good thing is new.  The reason is there is potentially a market for it.  Someone wants to play these games or they wouldn't be in production.  I'm not sure these types of games can exist in today's world because people are much more busy and don't have time to spend, but it's a free market in the US at least and people can make what niche products they can afford to make.  You don't get to decide what is valid in modern times and what is not valid.  I have played some RPG maker games recently that are indie games and enjoyed them more then modern games due to the fan service style that can break the bounds of what is acceptable in terms of story to mainstream people.
    I really have no idea wtf you are talking about.

    Free market, free speach. Now gtfo as you have no idea what I am saying here.
    *sigh*

    Because a person starts a thread doesn't mean they gain some kind of magical moderation powers to control how others react or respond.  Discussion flows, sometimes in unexpected directions.  Sit back, relax a bit and watch the thread grow.  Who knows, you may even learn something.



    Siug

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,515
    lahnmir said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    I am just pointing out a huge flaw in your logic so easy to see you don't even need half a brain to noticet. You call unreleased games a failure and shitty but a game that has actually released and flopped is something you root for. You make no sense with your behaviour. Unless you just want to bash crowdfunding of course. Ohh, wait....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Lahnmir , please, stay away from my topic. I said it loud and clear : I have something against KS MMO Projects and NOT any unreleased games. 

    You got it now? Good, now off you go ..

    Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    This is a fairly selfish logic IMO.  You are saying that the only good thing is new.  The reason is there is potentially a market for it.  Someone wants to play these games or they wouldn't be in production.  I'm not sure these types of games can exist in today's world because people are much more busy and don't have time to spend, but it's a free market in the US at least and people can make what niche products they can afford to make.  You don't get to decide what is valid in modern times and what is not valid.  I have played some RPG maker games recently that are indie games and enjoyed them more then modern games due to the fan service style that can break the bounds of what is acceptable in terms of story to mainstream people.
    I really have no idea wtf you are talking about.

    Free market, free speach. Now gtfo as you have no idea what I am saying here.
    Aww, that lovely hostile tone, that condescending attitude, leave it at the door mate, it makes you look childish.

    And you talk about Crowdfunding projects a couple of posts above this one, NOT about MMO KS projects. Might be a bit more specific if you want people to understand you.

    And off you go? You want your safe space back where you can be all tough and "tell it like it is?" Cute, you can have your thread back, it wasn't any good to begin with. 

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    "If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. "

    This what happens you just skip posts. 

    I am talking strictly KS MMO's!! projects! If you want to understand that, good, if not .. well .. :)

    Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,697
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    I am just pointing out a huge flaw in your logic so easy to see you don't even need half a brain to noticet. You call unreleased games a failure and shitty but a game that has actually released and flopped is something you root for. You make no sense with your behaviour. Unless you just want to bash crowdfunding of course. Ohh, wait....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Lahnmir , please, stay away from my topic. I said it loud and clear : I have something against KS MMO Projects and NOT any unreleased games. 

    You got it now? Good, now off you go ..

    Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    lahnmir said:
    OP is so angry, fail this, fail that, shitting on things, crowdfunding boohoo, so incredibly edgy too.

    How hilarious to be rooting for Bless then, a game that has ACTUALLY failed twice already and is now being promoted to suckers over here to try it for the third time.

    You seem angry just for the sake of it, it doesn't suit you and looks kinda sad tbh.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How hilarious is for Bless to actually make the game with their own budget , even if he failed twice, they are still supporting it, with , again .. their own budget. 

    So , stop comparing for the sake of comparation, or at least, have a bit of brain when you do.

    I stand to my point. Crowdfunding projects are a weak excuse for the "long gone" dev's , which are living in the past and which no ones wants to hire them anymore. 

    PS: I am not angry. I am disappointed with today's players which are supporting this shitty games. Big difference.
    This is a fairly selfish logic IMO.  You are saying that the only good thing is new.  The reason is there is potentially a market for it.  Someone wants to play these games or they wouldn't be in production.  I'm not sure these types of games can exist in today's world because people are much more busy and don't have time to spend, but it's a free market in the US at least and people can make what niche products they can afford to make.  You don't get to decide what is valid in modern times and what is not valid.  I have played some RPG maker games recently that are indie games and enjoyed them more then modern games due to the fan service style that can break the bounds of what is acceptable in terms of story to mainstream people.
    I really have no idea wtf you are talking about.

    Free market, free speach. Now gtfo as you have no idea what I am saying here.
    Aww, that lovely hostile tone, that condescending attitude, leave it at the door mate, it makes you look childish.

    And you talk about Crowdfunding projects a couple of posts above this one, NOT about MMO KS projects. Might be a bit more specific if you want people to understand you.

    And off you go? You want your safe space back where you can be all tough and "tell it like it is?" Cute, you can have your thread back, it wasn't any good to begin with. 

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    "If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. "

    This what happens you just skip posts. 

    I am talking strictly KS MMO's!! projects! If you want to understand that, good, if not .. well .. :)
    Investors want shares in return, usually a lot of it. While going through the KS route you give nothing in return. That's a really luxurious deal. It doesn't make your idea "shit" in any way. Seed money or full budget without losing shares? There's a world of difference between that and giving away the majority of your company to an investor. And the more you think your idea is not "shit" the less you'd be willing to giveaway shares. 

    But since there's no filter, and it is free money, lots of companies and individuals seek it out. Hence lots of "shit" companies and individuals would be among them. Doesn't make everybody "shit" and to be fair; to raise millions you can't be completely "shit". 

    Unless we are talking about your personal emotions here. If that's the case, then yeah, the whole world is shit mate. 
    MrMelGibson
    Constantine, The Console Poster

    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
Sign In or Register to comment.