Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft: Sea of Thieves is Our 'Fastest-Selling First-Party New IP of This Generation

2»

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2018
    Did they just admit Halo and Forza don't sell well anymore? If Sea of Thieves is a faster seller than XBOX's only two saving grace titles that is, IMO, kind of sad. I guess the bright side is they have a new game making money. Or are they specifically talking about W10 store sales? sorry i didn't feel interested in reading the whole thing.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    edited March 2018
    It's our fastest selling pirate game of this generation sold on a Tuesday when it's raining in 2018.

It's a good benchmark.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Big name streamers enticed these sales,now that they are gone,will Microsoft tell us how many players remain out of the 2+ million?

This is likely also a FALSE number because they want to keep the hype going.Since sales do not show minute by minute or day by day,i would assume they drew conclusions based on outlets attaining copies.
    Then once people see how bad and lazy the design was,they won't buy it and all those copies sitting on the shelves will have to be sent back to Microsoft.
    If the number is true,that is a lot of very dumb spending,that game is not worth 15 bucks.
    Using Angry Joe's words on the 79.99 CDN dollar price tag..NO ..NO Microsoft.
    BruceYee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited March 2018
    It's our fastest selling pirate game of this generation sold on a Tuesday when it's raining in 2018.

It's a good benchmark.
    I thought the same thing when I first read it, haha!  Reminds me of the random NFL stats they throw out there: "You know, Jim, this QB is really in his element here.  Stats show he's completed 87% of his passes in the latter half of November when he's playing north of the Mason-Dixon Line at night in a dome when it's less than 60 degrees outside."
    maskedweaselAsheramBruceYee

• Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    All I have heard is that solo play sucks, the water looks great,  all the quests are the same, death means nothing and there isnt much of anything to really do.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Pros:  The water is Jaw dropping!

Cons:  Everything else.

The last thing I was excited for was fighting the Kraken!  Turns out it is only tentacles above the water with no body when you look at it underwater...

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    GwapoJosh said:
    Pros:  The water is Jaw dropping!

Cons:  Everything else.

The last thing I was excited for was fighting the Kraken!  Turns out it is only tentacles above the water with no body when you look at it underwater...
    Really?  It's just tentacle set pieces in a game that's SOLELY about adventuring on the high seas?

That's...  Hugely disappointing.
    Sovrath