Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do they think it's a good idea to gut the economy right before launch?

blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
The devs are making changes that are going to change how the player economy works .  I don't see how this can work out good for them.

I totally expect this to require some massaging to keep things in the economy where we want it BUT as always, this is a give and take thing. Currently crafting in our game is just a bit too brutal, especially for casual players. The work work work work craft DESTROYED and you get nothing loop is painful enough that it needs some adjustment.

I think a bit of this is just the usual fear of change and I completely understand that. I'm not claiming that this won't change some major aspects of the economy as it surely will. I expect prices will fluctuate, what people put up will vs sell will change. Change isn't always bad though even though it frustrates some initially. If anything goes very unexpectedly with the change, we'll adapt and adjust quickly as we always do.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    A better quote from the same Dev is this one

"While I appreciate the concern, this is about the bazillionth time I've read players suggest "Change X is going to destroy the economy!" Seriously, it won't... 

The reality is: 
    • More items will get sold to merchants and show up as drops (though in a highly damaged state)
    • Crafters will far less often feel that they spent a week working to craft something and then end up at the end of the day with nothing.
    • The economy will inflate very slightly because more gold will be returned for items sold to merchants vs items destroyed during crafting
    • More players will put mediocre items on vendors for modest prices, which is something that is needed for an expanding player base
    • High end items will still fetch the highest price BUT people will likely not pay quite as much because more mid to high bonus stuff exists and they say, "Meh, +7 or +9 is good enough"
    • There will likely be more high tier gear because players will take more chances on low chance items
    • We will remove some of the rope that we have given crafters to hang themselves with

And as always, we'll evaluate these changes and adjust if things don't go as planned."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rune_74rune_74 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    And you can bet their inside group has knowledge of all the changes before anyone else in order to prepare themselves properly to take advantage of it.

This is the obsidion chips all over again.