Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Bless NA] Why the Combat Overhaul Will Be Pretty Big & Importance of B2P

IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
In my latest video I discuss why I think the Combat Overhaul will be pretty big in Bless, the reason they left out the Assassin class, and the importance of the move to B2P! 

You can check it out here, and let me know what you think! 

Also, I just read a new interview that even further supports my thoughts than the interview here on MMORPG! 

From interview: 

"One of the chief factors that saw Bless delayed was issues with the game’s combat. Do you believe this has been appropriately fixed now?

We’re working towards it for EA, and we think that already major strides have already been made towards that goal. However, we’re still working on some aspects (these changes include the reworks of the Mystic and Assassin classes’ combat and balance tests). We hope to get some great feedback about the combat system during EA as well."

"The classes of Bless Online appear to fit into some expected fantasy archetypes (ranger, paladin, etc). What sort of things will make them unique to similar classes?

The reworked skill system that will allow players of all classes to build on and modify their class skills to fit their own play style will make each class experience feel unique." 

[Source article]

So do you think these changes will be big enough to warrant the withdrawal and delay of Assassin, also the delay of Mystic for Early Access? And will B2P prove to be an important move on the part of Neowiz? 

Comments

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    edited March 2018
    I don't see how B2P is any better than F2P because either way there will be cash shop.  And how bad the cash shop is really depend on the game studio.

Unless I'm mistaken there won't be a cashshop.
    iixviiiix
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Hard to say, for the combat changes, as the presented information is rather vague beyond that there will be changes. If they are well received most will likely think the delay worth it.

That the game will be B2P will probably lead to greater initial interest. Whether that continues depends on the nature of the inevitable accompanying cash shop.

If the cash shop contains only cosmetics, it should be a non-issue.

For anything beyond that, the value associated with the B2P aspect will diminish over time as players will be nickled and dimed ad nauseam for things that should have been in their initial B2P purchase. This will lead to some emergent negativity in current players, which in turn could make it hard to the game to attract more after the initial rush.
  • IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
    AAAMEOW said:
    I don't see how B2P is any better than F2P because either way there will be cash shop.  And how bad the cash shop is really depend on the game studio.

Unless I'm mistaken there won't be a cashshop.
    The supposed strong point of B2P is that there is supposed to be a much more tame cash shop. Seeing what they had available on JP cash shop, I am glad that they at least showed the ability to pivot to something else in response to the community. We will see what they decide to put in it. KnightFalz said:
    Hard to say, for the combat changes, as the presented information is rather vague beyond that there will be changes. If they are well received most will likely think the delay worth it.

That the game will be B2P will probably lead to greater initial interest. Whether that continues depends on the nature of the inevitable accompanying cash shop.

If the cash shop contains only cosmetics, it should be a non-issue.

For anything beyond that, the value associated with the B2P aspect will diminish over time as players will be nickled and dimed ad nauseam for things that should have been in their initial B2P purchase. This will lead to some emergent negativity in current players, which in turn could make it hard to the game to attract more after the initial rush.
    Yeah I can def see your points. What is the general perception of GW2's cash shop these days? Have they still maintained a good balance?