Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha 2 Gameplay - Take a Trip Through Halnir Cave - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Videos - MMORP

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imagePre-Alpha 2 Gameplay - Take a Trip Through Halnir Cave - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Videos - MMORPG.com

Visionary Realms developers were on hand with CohhCarnage over the weekend to play Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and the bunch journeyed through the Halnir Cave, one of the new dungeons added to the game. Halnir Cave is considered a "true open world dungeon" that players can enter multiple times.

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Pantheon just might do it !!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I really hope they plan to make another pass at animations. Even as a backer I won't play if they are anything like what they show. Some of the worst combat animations i've ever seen.
    OyjordsunflameMikehakadajvolaju
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

I really hope they plan to make another pass at animations. Even as a backer I won't play if they are anything like what they show. Some of the worst combat animations i've ever seen.

It’s a concern I share as well. They have on numerous occasions said that that the animations are placeholders for upcoming new ones and that they’re always working on them. In this new video, you can see they’ve made huge upgrades to the spell graphics. That’s a damn nice sign to say the least.

Give it time. It’s still wayyyyyyyyy to early to judge things.
    LackingMMOLasterba
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Looks pretty decent but I have to say the nameplates are super confusing. Even different colors and placement would make it easier to tell whose friendly, where the enemy is, and which are dead. It's a but of a cluster right now, though.
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Woot Love it hell ya!
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Looks just great, can't wait to get my hands on this.

I'm just a bit worried about these uninstanced dungeons and mob respawn rates. At release there will be hundreds of people running these dungeons. Are they gonna be empty with players wandering around and will you eventually be surrounded with respawning mobs? I have had such bad experiences with uninstanced stuff so i really hope these guys can get it right.

Lot's of stuff still needs tuning and polishing, like the nameplates Leiloni mentioned, and i also think animations still need some work but for pre-alpha the game looks awesome. This is the kind of gameplay i've been waiting since vanilla WoW.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

deniter said:

Looks just great, can't wait to get my hands on this.

I'm just a bit worried about these uninstanced dungeons and mob respawn rates. At release there will be hundreds of people running these dungeons. Are they gonna be empty with players wandering around and will you eventually be surrounded with respawning mobs? I have had such bad experiences with uninstanced stuff so i really hope these guys can get it right.

Lot's of stuff still needs tuning and polishing, like the nameplates Leiloni mentioned, and i also think animations still need some work but for pre-alpha the game looks awesome. This is the kind of gameplay i've been waiting since vanilla WoW.

High population at launch can be handled without the use of instances. EQ progression servers opened up multiple copies of the same zones you could freely pick between.

I imagine they may have a similar system in place if they're worried about the zones being overly populated at launch.
    --------------------------------------------
  • sarielissarielis Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited March 2018
    The game is progressing nicely
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited March 2018

Did you actually look at them? They are actually very good. There are all sorts of nice, smaller movements going on after a swing or with a reposition.

One of the first things I noticed. Oh sure, they are't Final Fantasy 14 or Black Desert but they can't be the worst you have seen as they are better than Everquest,  and Vanguard.

edit: on par with Everquest 2
    [Deleted User]Lasterba
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    edited March 2018
    Literally everything they are doing is simply EQ lol. Honestly if that does appeal to you just go play eq1 or eq2 and have immense polished content to play for years as well. The animations are horrible, the effects are horrible, the character models bad, the combat god awful, standing their watching paint dry as your character repeated the same animation over and over again boring. Its just fail at so many levels because like i said if you want that EQ1 is there for you. I don;t see the point of recreating eq1 literally exactly if you are not going to modernize the game.

Each to their own but sorry spending 45 minutes killing trash humans with no shirts and spiders to get my self a piece of studded armor simply is about as uncreative and lazy retreading as it gets. Love the concepts but you goto make it fun, its a visual medium and game first.
    Mikehajpedrote52bng28iatesand[Deleted User]Mendeldcutbi001
  • kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

mmrv said:

Literally everything they are doing is simply EQ lol. Honestly if that does appeal to you just go play eq1 or eq2 and have immense polished content to play for years as well. The animations are horrible, the effects are horrible, the character models bad, the combat god awful, standing their watching paint dry as your character repeated the same animation over and over again boring. Its just fail at so many levels because like i said if you want that EQ1 is there for you. I don;t see the point of recreating eq1 literally exactly if you are not going to modernize the game.

Each to their own but sorry spending 45 minutes killing trash humans with no shirts and spiders to get my self a piece of studded armor simply is about as uncreative and lazy retreading as it gets.

Love the concepts but you goto make it fun, its a visual medium and game first.

Lol.
    dcutbi001

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited March 2018

mmrv said:

Each to their own but sorry spending 45 minutes killing trash humans with no shirts and spiders to get my self a piece of studded armor simply is about as uncreative and lazy retreading as it gets.

Except this is not Everquest. It has a perception system, it doesn't seem cutesy like Everquest, environment matters. Also updated graphics from everquest and more intriguing art design.

It's a different game/game world. I think I'll just stick with this.

As someone who normally solos I find that I miss grouping as no one really does it anymore. A game that had grouping, and slow methodical combat so there can be socializing seems (sadly) refreshing.
    Panther2103deniterdcutbi001
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Sovrath said:

Did you actually look at them? They are actually very good. There are all sorts of nice, smaller movements going on after a swing or with a reposition.

One of the first things I noticed. Oh sure, they are't Final Fantasy 14 or Black Desert but they can't be the worst you have seen as they are better than Everquest,  and Vanguard.

edit: on par with Everquest 2
    Not even close.  That rogue looks like he's jerking off, not fighting.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    mmrv said:

Each to their own but sorry spending 45 minutes killing trash humans with no shirts and spiders to get my self a piece of studded armor simply is about as uncreative and lazy retreading as it gets. Love the concepts but you goto make it fun, its a visual medium and game first.
    I think that is my biggest concern...TO people who never played EQ it would be a brand new experience but for many of us its a been there done that feeling......Also playing a new game that looks 20 years old is a hard sell in 2018 (or whatever year it releases.)
    Mendel
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The game is looking better and better. Lots of attention to detail. Even the floor! Normally that is a neglected area, but here you can see dampness glistening on the dungeon stones and the gleam of fire in that dampness from the torches. Awesome.
    kadajvolaju

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• iatesandiatesand Member UncommonPosts: 92

mmrv said:

I actually agree with a lot of what he said. It is literally a updated EQ1. The animations are subpar, but I have faith that they will address this. I don't mind the effects and think the level design and general look of the game is good. The character models are not outstanding, but I do not hate them.
    The combat is a mixed bag, Yes you have 6 people smacking 1 mob over and over.. truly not emergent combat, but at the same time, if the combat resolves itself like EQ did, that actually worked. In today's MMO game you typically have 2 types of fights : trash and boss the trash typically is a snoozefest and the boss now a days takes mechanics or what not. EQ was not like that, as dull as it is to watch, the actually fight where you need to pick your targets, use CC, dispel buffs and manage your resources on a average pull or you will wipe. For a player this is actually far more engaging and for me more enjoyable than say a typical trash pull in FFXIV or WoW. So yes watching that combat is as dull as paint drying, but being in that combat was always a different story.

I don't see the perception system as anything more then a gimmick, but it adds to the flavor of the game.

Lets be honest this game is not ground breaking, its a EQ take 3 from the people that did take 1 and 2
    and I would like to think its improving with each passing and for some of us that is kinda what we are looking for. Yes there are things we would all like to see them do better but I will play it in whatever form they finally release it, and if it is enjoyable I will continue if not then I wont. Pretty mush like we all do for any game we play.
    Sovrath
  • OshoOsho Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited March 2018
    Looks better and better! Nice to see the progress being made! GJ VR! Keep it up!
  • Teak2112Teak2112 Member UncommonPosts: 61

iatesand said:

I actually agree with a lot of what he said. It is literally a updated EQ1.

The genre has seen countless WoW clones but not a single EQ clone. Vanguard was really not that much like EQ. EQ2 was completely different than EQ1.

True, demand would have been greater for this 10 years ago but there has been nothing remotely like this released since 1999. If its done well (and its still too early to tell) it will find its audience. And it wont be just former EQ players.

Most players during EvE's prime had no desire to play a game like EvE, yet its one of the most successful MMORPGs ever in terms of keeping a healthy population base for a very long time. You don't have to appeal to the masses to be a success.
    deniter
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Anyone know what package allows you to play in Pre-Alpha or has that ship sailed?
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Imho the the graphics are very good.
    The animations are good but it seems that every meele is just using 3 skills at the most. It doesnt habe to be a Black Dessert, but a bit more different animations should be doable.
    What I really dont like, if you go with this kind of combat then please add more skills with cast time to which we can react to. Like GW1 add some 1/2sec. casttime stuns to counter the 1-2sec attack of the mob. Add some reactive skills that show their full effect when the mob is stunned. More reactional skill to takedown, stun, daze.

I guess the icons at the enemy are meant to be used for that, but the mobs and skills animations should also show it.

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited March 2018

High population at launch can be handled without the use of instances. EQ progression servers opened up multiple copies of the same zones you could freely pick between.

Those are called instances...

deniter
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137

mmrv said:

Wow, that is the most ignorant post I've ever seen on this site....and that is really saying something. Oh you like fighting games? Why don't you just go play Punch Out! there's no point in playing any of the new fighting games they're all just copies of Punch Out! anyway...