Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witchwood is Hearthstone's First 2018 Expansion - Hearthstone Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Witchwood is Hearthstone's First 2018 Expansion - Hearthstone Videos - MMORPG.com

In an eerie throwback to The Blair Witch Project, the HearthStone team has taken to the woods to introduce the first expansion for 2018: The Witchwood! "In 2018, three Hearthstone game developers went into the Irvine California backwoods surrounding Blizzard Entertainment to discover the truth about The Witchwood. The film you are about to see was recovered from the recording equipment they left behind in the woods*."

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    for several i prayed ,i hoped they would do the game better but all i have seen for 50 or so seasons is the game getting worse with every expansion.

The whole idea of playing for myself is to have fun playing fun decks.The pros who play 10 hours a day have the decks so refined within the first 2 weeks of an expansion,fun decks cannot compete.So then everyone plays the nearly exact same decks and that to me is not fun.

The last 2 expansions were god awful,they forced a p2w idealism that really did not sit well with me.The reason is the OP cards first the Quests were absolutely dominating the scene.Then the last expansion it was those OP Hero cards that again ruined the game.

Don't get me wrong,ANY card is fine with me ,IF the developer also prints answers to each card.If there is no answer then it a wtf,first one to their OP cards wins.
    There leis another problem and that is the game design.OTK plays are NON interactive,the opponent has absolutely no way to answer your otk play,so they just sit and watch and that is NOT a good design for a pvp game.

Point being,each expansion now i am terrified at what new OP gimmick they have created to entice sales.Also they STILL do not have any system for weekly/daily/monthly tournaments for the entire player base,it is up to people outside of Blizzard to do all the work for them.There is still no proper tournament UI in the game,that is unacceptable this long after release from such a large developer.

Poor design,run like an Indie developer,badly printed cards that always need nerfing but ,hey they get their sales out of those cards,then nerf them.
    eddieg50BruceYeeSoki123

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The coffers must be running low.
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    edited March 2018

Wizardry said:

for several i prayed ,i hoped they would do the game better but all i have seen for 50 or so seasons is the game getting worse with every expansion.

The whole idea of playing for myself is to have fun playing fun decks.The pros who play 10 hours a day have the decks so refined within the first 2 weeks of an expansion,fun decks cannot compete.So then everyone plays the nearly exact same decks and that to me is not fun.

Wizardry, I agree in some respects with you. When I play I don't put much thought in deck building. I pick the cards that look good to me. Even so your right I can't beat the heavy dealers one-on-one. If I play 5 matches and win none = no fun.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    So Blairwitch is old enough to have gone through the cycle...?

Dang i feel old.

This have been a good conversation

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Wizardry said:

The last 2 expansions were god awful,they forced a p2w idealism that really did not sit well with me.The reason is the OP cards first the Quests were absolutely dominating the scene.Then the last expansion it was those OP Hero cards that again ruined the game.

Don't get me wrong,ANY card is fine with me ,IF the developer also prints answers to each card.If there is no answer then it a wtf,first one to their OP cards wins.
    There leis another problem and that is the game design.OTK plays are NON interactive,the opponent has absolutely no way to answer your otk play,so they just sit and watch and that is NOT a good design for a pvp game.

Point being,each expansion now i am terrified at what new OP gimmick they have created to entice sales.Also they STILL do not have any system for weekly/daily/monthly tournaments for the entire player base,it is up to people outside of Blizzard to do all the work for them.There is still no proper tournament UI in the game,that is unacceptable this long after release from such a large developer.

Poor design,run like an Indie developer,badly printed cards that always need nerfing but ,hey they get their sales out of those cards,then nerf them.
    Wizardry said:

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, DO YOU EVER STOP.  Blizzard isn't the devil. Ok now that's clear, it s a great game.
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

Wizardry said:

It seems like every article about a Blizzard game you post something similar to this. I agree to some extent, but they seem to be doing just fine...
    Dakeru
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    do my daily quests, have only droped 50$ on 1 expansion and will never do that again, but play ranked and win 50% of the time, have 23k gold saved use about 5k on each expansion, just do daily quests make enough gold to buy card packs each expansion.

Imo this game is fun, not great ! would like to see more play modes, mayb open world exploring maps and dungeons clicking on encounters that would be random players that you fight for cards or gold.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    With those hero power upgrades I wonder if this means a return of the Inspire mechanic.

Also will Mean Streets of Gadgetzan rotate out in April already or will that be in November?
    Kind of hard to believe that Jades will be completely gone this year.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Dakeru said:
    With those hero power upgrades I wonder if this means a return of the Inspire mechanic.

Also will Mean Streets of Gadgetzan rotate out in April already or will that be in November?
    Kind of hard to believe that Jades will be completely gone this year.
    they seem to try to avoid new user overload by letting some mechanics be retired.   but there's always wild